Can hair loss ruin modeling career?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For the guys that say No, give an example of nw5+ whos doing modeling please. :whistle:
(Black guys are out of the equation if its no obvious by now...)

ali777

Reaction score
Smooth said:
For the guys that say No, give an example of nw5+ whos doing modeling please. :whistle:

Ops, I meant to say YES :whistle:

It's YES because the modeling standards are just absurd!!!

ali777 said:
To come back to the subject.... The answer is probably NO, because the standards of modeling are not real.

amsch

Reaction score
rcom440 said:
Smooth said:
Title says it all..... your thoughts please. (examples for either "yes" or "no" are more then welcome! :devil: )

No. there are a lot of guys who are super models who have shaved heads!!!!

So you're saying that because of the fact there are some bald models out there, Male Pattern Baldness can not ruin a modeling career? (Sorry, did not read all 3 pages of this topic)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Err .... ok Dudemon.

AAAANNNYYway, steering this topic back on course. :whistle:

The answer is yes but so can weight gain, ageing, acne or just about anything that negatively alters the appearance. The fact is though most models are under 25 anyway so m/p.b is rarely an issue.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
1) A lot of male models...well, I hate to say it...but they're gay.

Not like you to make make sweeping unfounded generalisations Dudemon .... Oh wait a minute ... :whistle:

dudemon said:
This is kind of a dumb thread, IMO. Like guys who are handsome enough to be male models are going to give a rats *** about hair anyways.

I bet if Brad Pitt was a NW5+ he would probably be just as famous - even with a shaved head. Now ugly mofos like myself aren't going to ever be considered "good loooking"... hair or no hair.

Come off it thats like saying if Brad pitt was 80lbs heavier he'd still be famous. Or if he was the same but had a massive nose or a wonky eye. These imperfections although small would make all the difference.

We all know that hairloss (a fair degree of it) can can have a devestating effect on a mans looks overall. It can easily knock a good looking guy down to a average guy.
Sure there are a few exeptions Willis, Statham ect who can 'weather the storm' much better than most but they are the minority.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
Christian Monzon and Patrick Kuan....they're not fully bald but they are visibly balding at this point and are still models (they shave it off)...actually Monzon is a Norwood 4 or 5 or by now...http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1480118/mediaindex

Also there are many bald "actors" in p**rn...granted they are usually in great shape but then again, not many big time p**rn stars are very overweight and out of shape....as for this comment...."But you do see them in some p**rn, typically S&M p**rn. They always play "the gimp" as to symbolize a weak and pathetic loser, who "deserves to be dominated and abused" by a hot mistress."...I don't even know where to begin. You say make these absurd contentions that are pretty much entirely based on your warped perspective of things which you try to pass off as absolute fact....its dumb.

s.a.f

Reaction score
In p**rn looks rarely matter at all for men, whats more important is that they have the 'equiptment' and are able to perform on demand. After all its the woman that the viewer is focusing on.

Reaction score
Comedy gold, i'm wiping my computer screen of spit from laughing.

Wish we had a s+m smile whipping a bald gimp, lol wtf? most guys in p**rn are nowt special..

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yup everything's good here, thanks for asking Dude! :) tho i dont watch snm p**rn very often ( im more into "girl on girl action" myself :D ) i never noticed any discrimination against bald men in p**rn, actually there are quite alot of them in the industry i suspect... i tend to think the bald look is not very common at the gay p**rn.

either way looks doesnt matter *that* much at p**rn (Ron Jeremy)...

It would be nice to get that thread back on track tho :woot:

ali777

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Oh well, I don't think being an "expert on p**rn" is really a good thing. I should "zip-it." :sulkoff:

:mrgreen:

I bet you know all the details of the industry???

I think when it comes to p**rn, fitness and the ability to perform are more important than hair.

BBC had a very interesting documentary on p**rn profits. Even the investments that on paper look "ethical" in one way or another are linked to the p**rn industry. Eg, most technology companies profit from p**rn, Visa profits from p**rn, most hotel chains profit from p**rn, etc. So, an investment company would buy shares in, let's say, a search giant who markets itself as "do no evil" but in reality the search giant indexes p**rn and makes lots of money from p**rn.

Anyway, back to the subject. The same programme had interviews with p**rn stars. One male performer said that using the blue pill is pretty much a standard practice these days. He mentioned that he doesn't know anyone who doesn't use it. I guess the ability to perform comes from the blue pill???

first

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Fredrik Ljungberg is around Norwood 4-5 (depending on when the picture is taken).

Fredrik-Ljungberg-06.jpg

fredrik-ljungberg-thumb.jpg

fredrik_ljungberg_njuter_av_ledigheten.jpg

3447786819.jpg

cuebald

Reaction score
he looks like a badly receeded NW3

s.a.f

Reaction score
first said:
Smooth said:
Fredrik Ljungberg is around Norwood 4-5 (depending on when the picture is taken).

Freddie Ljungberg is NW3 (ish) and he's not actually a real model, theres a difference between modelling and 'Endorsing' he gets the work because he's a famous sportsman much in the same way that Tiger Woods does.

first

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
first said:
Smooth said:

Freddie Ljungberg is NW3 (ish) and he's not actually a real model, theres a difference between modelling and 'Endorsing' he gets the work because he's a famous sportsman much in the same way that Tiger Woods does.
Why would they put Ljungberg as the underwear model in the US if it was due soley due to endorsing? As he at that point was unknown in the US.

ali777

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread is the right place to b*tch about actors, but I'll do it anyway...

I was watching one of the new Two and Half Men episodes last week. In one particular scene Alan Harper comes in from the beach and his hair is wet. The shine on his head was unbelievable. It was very obvious that he used some sort of dye to hide the diffused spots. It just looked strange, black and shiny...

Here is another thread on the subject: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53402

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If a man is a model for print advertisements, it doesn't matter what his hair looks like. Considering all the Photoshop techniques they use to make models look better, he could be completely bald and end up with Patrick Dempsey hair by the time the finished product is ready. A runway model could also just wear a toupee, as a good one would look 100% natural for the short amount of time they would wear it.

karl_h

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the reason Frederick Ljunberg is able to appear as a model in advertisements even though his hair loss is noticeable is that his face is very chisled. Most models have chisled faces but his face is super-chisled. His jawline has that indentation that looks great in front of the camera.

When people see pictures of Ljunberg, they are drawn to the indentation in his jawline and take a good look at that before looking at his hair. I think clothing lines such as Calvin Klein realized this, and then went ahead and approached him about appearing in their ads.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Ljungberg is a great looking bald(ing) guy, but I don't think he'd have got the modelling gig unless he was already famous.