Craniofacial development - The thing that make us lose hair(A hair loss theory)

Do you believe this theory?

• Yes

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • No

Votes: 37 67.3%

• Total voters

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read my comments again, I said correcting posture and massaging the connecting neck muscles may help I did not say that posture causes baldness. (I even suggested NOT massaging the scalp area)

My main point was clearly on skull expansion, go check pretty much any scalp micro pigmentation website which has good before/after pictures from different angles. I won't post a link as don't like to repost random peoples faces but it's 100 percent clear the vast majority have a larger, wider or more uneven galea than people with dense hair coverage. To be crude a LOT of clients have more of an 'alien' shape skull

Whatever happens (calcification fibrosis ...whatever) doesn't really matter to prove the point that the skin is being stretched and follicles shrunk.

This is also why massaging the actual thinning area is a very bad idea in my opinion, as you are making things worse by crushing an inflamed area that has very little tissue and fat between skin and bone. You are not going to break this up and reduce the tight skin.

The key is however to reduce this tight tensioned area, the problem is how we do that hence my suggestions (Botox etc) as there is no way to reduce the enlarged bone mass.

Or take the big 3, but the success rate is hugely limited and you are only treating the symptom which is never a good solution to anything (unless people make billions of pounds from it which they do)

**Just to add, those rock stars with shitty lifestyles and great hair v super strong athletes/sport stars who are bald .... I can bet the rock stars have less neck muscle tension even with a much poorer posture. I guarantee a chiropractor would have an easier time in manipulating a skinny homeless person's neck than a pro athlete in training. (Not to mention the difference in DHT these people will have running through them, which all ties into the same theory)
Sorry but no. Looking at a few pics of bald men at your laptop and going "yooo bro I think they have a funny looking skull" is not how science works.

Yeah sure, their skulls might look a bit odd, simply because there's no hair there to cover it! LOL. An NW1 guy with a shaved head still has a lot of dense hair that frames his skull and therefore cannot be compared to someone who is an NW5-7.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 8fwldc.jpg
    8fwldc.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 32

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you move transplanted hairs from a DHT resistant zone to a DHT sensitive zone, they maintain the same resistance to DHT because those hairs are genetically resistant to DHT, even though the person maintains the same skull, neck, face and "bludflow". Lol.

That's why hair transplants are (when done right on the right individual) a life long investment. No, it is a myth that all transplanted hairs miniaturize and fall after a couple of years without finasteride and minoxidil.

This thread is so silly.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Once you move transplanted hairs from a DHT resistant zone to a DHT sensitive zone, they maintain the same resistance to DHT because those hairs are genetically resistant to DHT, even though the person maintains the same skull, neck, face and "bludflow". Lol."

How is this not pretty much a knockdown argument against anything but the based, pilled, and reasonable DHT sensitivity theory?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once you move transplanted hairs from a DHT resistant zone to a DHT sensitive zone, they maintain the same resistance to DHT because those hairs are genetically resistant to DHT, even though the person maintains the same skull, neck, face and "bludflow". Lol.

That's why hair transplants are (when done right on the right individual) a life long investment. No, it is a myth that all transplanted hairs miniaturize and fall after a couple of years without finasteride and minoxidil.

This thread is so silly.

This poll on this thread has a 33 percent agreement. Out of 42 people that is hugely significant as 10 years ago we would be lucky if it was 5 percent. People are slowly waking up even with the presence of people like yourself spouting 'bludflow' like we are trying to say the world is flat! It's not a conspiracy theory, it's been proved so many times just dig below the surface and the studies are all there.

Why do you insist on making things up? First you claim I said to massage scalp when I said NOT to massage scalp. When did I say a few people on my laptop? I said 99 PERCENT go and check it one website out -

https://www.evosmp.com/gallery

It's not even a debate, it's absolute fact.

Also If all transplanted hair was resistant to balding we would have very few bald celebrities but there are thousands, and the ones who have had even a good transplant required follow ups every 5-10 years. I had 2 sessions overall 5000 grafts about 15 years ago from a very reputable clinic in Belgium and would estimate 50 percent have miniaturized. My birth hair took 20-25 years so it follows the same process! It was still 100 percent worth it. However I've only recently, maybe last 5 years began realising why this happens.

The ironic thing is Justin Bieber has a huge Galea and vertical face lol you should know better, hence why he has had a hat on for years. I'm sure he will appear again with decent hair but it won't be an easy op hence why it's taking him a few years.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Once you move transplanted hairs from a DHT resistant zone to a DHT sensitive zone, they maintain the same resistance to DHT because those hairs are genetically resistant to DHT, even though the person maintains the same skull, neck, face and "bludflow". Lol."

How is this not pretty much a knockdown argument against anything but the based, pilled, and reasonable DHT sensitivity theory?
Because it's not true, I have personal experience and even the most famous hair transplant doctors in the world don't advise this - it's a constant process requiring top ups every 10-20 years for the vast vast majority of patients and every doctor I have ever spoken to advise a patient take the big 3 for the transplant to work at all, which would clearly not be required if the above statement was true!!!

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it's not true, I have personal experience and even the most famous hair transplant doctors in the world don't advise this - it's a constant process requiring top ups every 10-20 years for the vast vast majority of patients and every doctor I have ever spoken to advise a patient take the big 3 for the transplant to work at all, which would clearly not be required if the above statement was true!!!
I'm not on the big 3 and my transplanted hairs are maintaining just fine. I will never have hairloss again because those hairs are DHT resistant. Simple. You don't just go from super aggressive balding to almost 0 hairs falling in the shower or when I move my hand through my scalp without that factor.

By the way, the OP of this thread already admitted he's a Norwood 1 who never experienced any hairloss. He has no clue what he's rambling about.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
People on this forum already told me my transplant will fall off in a couple years and yeah it didn't happen.

You can look up online and many hair transplant surgeons will confirm the result is often permanent without needing to take pills.

They are not lying. You cannot argue with facts.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People on this forum already told me my transplant will fall off in a couple years and yeah it didn't happen.

You can look up online and many hair transplant surgeons will confirm the result is often permanent without needing to take pills.

They are not lying. You cannot argue with facts.
Why would anyone think you would lose in a couple of years? Most men start balding 20-30 years from birth so you have a while to go, like I said 10-20 years post op you will absolutely see a thinning.

Every doctor I spoke to before my ops told me I needed to take at least finasteride for long term results.

But I didn't and don't take any pills and I'm 15 years post op with about 50 percent of transplanted follicles remaining and I'm not complaining.

This is EXACTLY how it was explained to me by the very reputable surgeon in Belgium.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would anyone think you would lose in a couple of years? Most men start balding 20-30 years from birth so you have a while to go, like I said 10-20 years post op you will absolutely see a thinning.

Every doctor I spoke to before my ops told me I needed to take at least finasteride for long term results.

But I didn't and don't take any pills and I'm 15 years post op with about 50 percent of transplanted follicles remaining and I'm not complaining.

This is EXACTLY how it was explained to me by the very reputable surgeon in Belgium.
Maybe 50% of your transplanted hairs weren't harvested from a safe zone? Also you might have not reached your final pattern by the time you had that transplant.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Isn't that just retrograde alopecia? The relatively safe horseshoe hair isn't 100% safe, it also gets thinner over time..

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe 50% of your transplanted hairs weren't harvested from a safe zone? Also you might have not reached your final pattern by the time you had that transplant.
I researched for 3 years before having the transplant and made sure the doctor was one of the most well respected in Europe I can guarantee they were harvested from a safe zone.

I believe if someone has very dense and thick hair on the sides the length of success will be longer, maybe a small percent will have very long term results or permanent if they are in their 40s for example as will be in old age by time DHT eventually does it's damage.

I would say my donor area was average quality so I wasn't expecting a miracle especially since I refused to take pills.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that just retrograde alopecia? The relatively safe horseshoe hair isn't 100% safe, it also gets thinner over time..
There's probably elements of this, my donor wasn't perfect.

But it's all relative in my opinion, even follicles in a perfect donor area will eventually succumb to the same process when transplanted it will just take a lot longer. I believe this is down to what's being discussed in this thread, I disagree that certain follicles are predisposed to be affected by DHT simply because they are on top of the head when every other hair in the body thrives on DHT. I believe it's due to DHT and scalp tension.

I agree the OP has gone massively off topic with his posts.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's probably elements of this, my donor wasn't perfect.

But it's all relative in my opinion, even follicles in a perfect donor area will eventually succumb to the same process when transplanted it will just take a lot longer. I believe this is down to what's being discussed in this thread, I disagree that certain follicles are predisposed to be affected by DHT simply because they are on top of the head when every other hair in the body thrives on DHT. I believe it's due to DHT and scalp tension.

I agree the OP has gone massively off topic with his posts.
Do you think you could have prevented losing some density of your transplant with scalp massages and posture correction?

deamond

My Regimen
Reaction score

This thread is so silly.
The only existing study on the subject in many years of transplants disproves this. And what was 50 years ago was on one person and observed for only 2.5 years, without proper thickness monitoring techniques.
Those follicles that have begun to miniaturize may miniaturize elsewhere because they have already been affected by tissue remodeling and increased androgen receptor sensitivity/expression, need a longer follow-up time, at least 5 years, preferably 10.

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think you could have prevented losing some density of your transplant with scalp massages and posture correction?

It's hard to say for sure, but I believe neck muscles have played a big role. It's to simple to say posture as I think it's pretty good and I've worked on not having a forward head posture for years, but I do have really tight muscles all around front of neck/thyroid and shoulders. I have always done a reasonable amount of working out which hasn't helped. It's hard to explain and complex with the way the upper thoracic and cervical spine sit and meet.

My current aim is to loosen all these connecting muscles with massage and further posture work which is a slow process, to see if I can reduce the tension on galea.
Also my sleeping position is key, as when I lay with the correct thoracic spine posture I see instant but temporary results in hair texture. I also feel far better in the mornings as oxygen levels are much better when the thoracic spine is released. This usually fades as I get into my routine and hair goes more limp so it's a long term plan to shift the tension. But I'm certain this all has an effect.

If I do manage to loosen the scalp skin I don't even know if more tissue can reform under less tension, and if I don't see improvements in hair I'll know it's not worth the effort.

Also starting to look into injections or maybe at least will do in the future.

justinbieberscombover

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only existing study on the subject in many years of transplants disproves this. And what was 50 years ago was on one person and observed for only 2.5 years, without proper thickness monitoring techniques.
Those follicles that have begun to miniaturize may miniaturize elsewhere because they have already been affected by tissue remodeling and increased androgen receptor sensitivity/expression, need a longer follow-up time, at least 5 years, preferably 10.
What the hell are those pics? This person had a subpar result to begin with.