cringing moments...

Petchsky

Reaction score
CCS said:
Even if a woman can't get a relationship with the guy she wants, she can get all the one nighters she wants. Guys can't even get one nighters if they don't look good enough. Has to do with evolution, but women are much pickier about looks than men are, for sex partners.

You're forgetting one important part of the equation, Alcohol! Loosens them up a bit :beer:

CCS

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
You're forgetting one important part of the equation, Alcohol! Loosens them up a bit

True, my friend who is a norwood 6 at 26 pulls quite a few girls who are drunk.

Just watch out so no one accuses you of rape. Make sure she is walking on her own and is participating act not just laying there.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Fundi said:
uncomfortable man said:
If he were wearing a good wig instead of a hat, then this would be a non-issue as they would have assumed he wasn't bald and they would have had their little date. Maybe the guy just didn't have enough confidence in himself and it had nothing to do with him being bald. :whistle:

Yeh and if he was wearing a wig and kicked off a relationship she would have found out eventually - And either

a) She would like him enough not to mind
b) Be completely shocked and not like him anymore
c) Be shocked, and although not a case of not liking him anymore, be pissed off that he had lied to her.

Probably a case of c or d.
Uh, you didn't leave an option d. :$ But lets just say option d is she will tell everyone she knows that you are wearing a wig and try and "out" you. Let's hope this is doesn't happen although I could see it happening quite easily if she found out. Ahh...secrets. I am coming to the conclusion that if the alternative is so bad (which much evidence points to) then it is worth the risk to have this piece of your life back. nudge nudge.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Uh, you didn't leave an option d. :$ But lets just say option d is she will tell everyone she knows that you are wearing a wig and try and "out" you. Let's hope this is doesn't happen although I could see it happening quite easily if she found out. Ahh...secrets. I am coming to the conclusion that if the alternative is so bad (which much evidence points to) then it is worth the risk to have this piece of your life back. nudge nudge.

Worst case scinario, you bad bad bald man: you get laid by a hot chick, she finds out and tells everyone, and then you take off your piece and they all shake their fingers at you for being so bad. You are then out $300 for the piece. But I bet you will get laid more than just once. You got to weigh the benefits against the risks, and it looks to me like the benefits are really good and you could hide the piece for a while. Take time looking at hairlines that you think are the best, figure the angles, draw them on your head, adjust them, and get the perfect shape, then make your template. There are a lot of NW1's out there who don't have the perfect shape. You will have one up on them.

But I bet her network is not big enough to alert all the women at singles sites and other clubs about your piece. She would have to stock you for months and tell every woman she saw you talking to. She'd have to be unemployed to have that kind of time.

CCS

Reaction score
And who cares if everyone where you work knows you wear. That just means you can't get women there as easily as if they did not know. You don't have to introduce all your dates to your coworkers. Your dates will never know. And you can wear a hat over your piece when your friends are around, so your friends don't know you wear. They already know you wear a hat. Only your date needs to see you with it off.

CCS

Reaction score
I could understand her getting upset if you married her without telling. But if you had sex for a few months and then she found out, all she could really say is, "You bad bad horny baldie!".

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is funny - I couldn't resist. So, what if they weren't drunk? Would he still be "pulling" them - or "pulling" something else?

He isnt that unlucky. I know there are a few women that like him, but they are like over 25. Whats more some like the fact he is bald. I do think drinking enhances his pulling chances though as does everyones. One is due to beer goggles and two due to him being even more extrovert and confident with himself.

s.a.f

Reaction score
dudemon said:
follicle84 said:
True, my friend who is a norwood 6 at 26 pulls quite a few girls who are drunk.

:mrgreen: This is funny - I couldn't resist. So, what if they weren't drunk? Would he still be "pulling" them - or "pulling" something else? :jackit:
[youtube:39ay52ka]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A_E-u4exQA[/youtube:39ay52ka]

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
CCS said:
"You bad bad horny baldie!".
You could always retort by saying, "Is it bad to want to look good, or at least normal? I tried it the other way and it was no picnic. Besides, if you lost your hair you would do the same thing, so try not to judge unless you've been there yourself." If she pulls the "It's different for women" angle, then I would tell her that she is talking about a double standard that I just don't happen to believe in. Just because we are men doesn't mean that we are impenetrable to the very real impact that being bald has on our lives. And it does! Being bald sucks balls! IMO there is no debating that. It makes you look like sh*t next to everyone else thinking you look like sh*t and then treating you like sh*t accordingly. Why should anyone endure that, when they don't have to? To retain some over-rated standard of honesty? Let me tell you something, putting that nw6 horseshoe out there for everyone to see (even if it is shaved you can still tell) and then having to process other people's reactions and interactions to you day in and day out, taking the full spectrum of piss from life for years on end is not worth being honest. Not when the truth is that ugly. That is why I cover up. That is why HE covered up. So we can make ourselves immune to the social effects of baldness, illustrated so blatently by this dating show. The whole argument against covering up, that it will be worse when they see it doesn't matter to me because it is like asking if you want to be fed a small but constant stream of sh*t or have to eat heaping piles of sh*t at a time with fifteen minute breaks in between. It's retarded to the core! :badmood:

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
CCS said:
"You bad bad horny baldie!".
You could always retort by saying, "Is it bad to want to look good, or at least normal? I tried it the other way and it was no picnic. Besides, if you lost your hair you would do the same thing, so try not to judge unless you've been there yourself." If she pulls the "It's different for women" angle, then I would tell her that she is talking about a double standard that I just don't happen to believe in. Just because we are men doesn't mean that we are impenetrable to the very real impact that being bald has on our lives. And it does! Being bald sucks balls! IMO there is no debating that. It makes you look like sh*t next to everyone else thinking you look like sh*t and then treating you like sh*t accordingly. Why should anyone endure that, when they don't have to? To retain some over-rated standard of honesty? Let me tell you something, putting that nw6 horseshoe out there for everyone to see (even if it is shaved you can still tell) and then having to process other people's reactions and interactions to you day in and day out, taking the full spectrum of piss from life for years on end is not worth being honest. Not when the truth is that ugly. That is why I cover up. That is why HE covered up. So we can make ourselves immune to the social effects of baldness, illustrated so blatently by this dating show. The whole argument against covering up, that it will be worse when they see it doesn't matter to me because it is like asking if you want to be fed a small but constant stream of sh*t or have to eat heaping piles of sh*t at a time with fifteen minute breaks in between. It's retarded to the core! :badmood:

Good man. You are growing some self esteem. You know women with wigs don't advertise it either, not even to their sex partners. Just don't jump into the negative stuff unless she takes you there. The first sentence or two should be good enough to start if she goes there. I'm not telling you to buy a piece now if it will hurt your finances, but you should really be looking into it. If you are smooth or pretty thin up there, you can make a pretty good tape template. Then pic a direction, give them a hair sample, and I advise starting with swiss lace with a super thin skin perimeter for easy clean up.

Let me tell you about swiss: you can't feel the edge with your finger tips, but you can catch it with your finger nails if you scratching for it. So if a woman start pull that trash stop her before she gets high, and don't admit why. Dump her if needed. She is a jerk and just trying to out you. As for the middle, she probably can't feel that it is a piece, but it does feel a bit different than regular scalp. If they are really paying attention, and have their hand on the real scalp and the piece, they can tell the diffence. They would not have anything to compare to though if you did a full cap. As for visual, it depends on the color match with the scalp. If you match exactly, they can't see it at any distance. The bigger the color difference, the further away they can see it, though you'd have to have the completely wrong base for them to see it from 2 feet away. As long as woman never saw you bald, and your eyebrows are not super thin, and the piece color and density match your sides, she won't guess you are wearing and will not do all this super close checking. When is the last time a woman raked her finger nails along your forehead up to your hair? I have real hair up there and I would stop that.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I've been thinking alot about it lately. I'm going to do more research and figure out the best plan. When I have the money to invest in it, then I will take the plunge. My hair quality is fine to medium, straight with a little wave, dark brown but I am getting grey hairs popping up on the sides alot lately which is fine because considering I get everything else right (color, angle, length) then throw in some gray hairs on the full cap and that will be the convincing factor IMO. Although I would need a way to recreate those gray hairs when it comes time to dye. Also, what are roboscissors? I imagine they trim your real hair to the exact length that meets the system so that there is a smooth transition. I hate the idea of going somewhere once a month and paying 100 plus dollars for a haircut.

CCS

Reaction score
When you cut in your piece with the hair buzzer, the electric trimmer barbers use which you can buy at walmart for $30-$60, just put a sticker on the side so you know which one did that. Do it all the same length, then fade the side hair. Depends what you are doing. Nice thing about straight hair is they can't mess up the angle. Only wavy hair has to be the right wave and right angle. If my hair was straight I would get a piece. I could get some serious density too with my back hair so thick. Just not sure I want to be constantly knowing I have to maintain it 10 minutes every day, or check it now and then, or shave the stubble underneath, and hope I never get a rash there since I'm shaving it not buzzing it. With another hair transplant, I can get OK density, and then never have to think about it again. But once I go hair transplant, my back will be thinner, my wallet thinner, and my piece area much hairier to shave. That is why it is such an easy decision for people who are smooth bald or very thin, since they can just buzz to 1/8 inch and the thin hairs won't even be strong enough to lift the piece or be seen through the base.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a weird one. I remember this guy at the post office in Portugal who insulted the cashier and called him 'careca' ('bald man'). He didn't call him 'bald bastard' or 'bald idiot' or anything like that, he just said 'you bald man'.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I guess him just being bald was bad enough, huh? I told my ex how I was thinking of getting a system and her initial reaction was,"You're kidding, right?" when she saw how serious I was she agreed. If anyone knows how devastated I am from hair loss it is her. She had to hear me complain about it for around eight years. "At least your not butchering yourself with a transplant." she said. "If it makes you feel better then how can I object?"

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i may have got u wrong uman but you mention your ex alot. i kno she is the mother of your child and all but am i right in saying your not over her?? are you trying to get her back?? if theres no future with the both of yas you shud start dating agen and dont let the hair issue hold ya back. new ppl that meet you wont think of you as the guy u used to be but they will see u as always having had no hair. get fit and go out more. believe when i say working out makes you feel great! I have seen your picture and with some confidence you could do some damage on the ladies bro. shave up, get some new sharp clothes and hit the bars. you WILL pull. my mate had a bad break up and i dragged him out when he was semi over it. he started on easy women till his confidence had built up agen as he was out of the game a while. he gradually went with better women each time until he pulled regularly. he then met a girl who he is now hea dover herals with and been going out a year. Moral of the story...no one gives you anything in this life...go out and grab it

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Iwantperfection wrote
But once she saw he had little hair she was freaked. its a sad point of life but thats how the world works. On a judgement basis. Dont get me wrong if a balding guy had time to work on a girl such as this he may pull her but on a first meet basis such as this or in a club or sometihng a balding guy is against the odds. However we must all admit that why should a girl pick a balding man if she could find one with hair. It happens obviously but its like saying we should make more of an effort with fat girls. People go for what attracts them and its human nature. Unfortunately bald isnt seen as attractive.
You're right about that man...more than you know. CIP, I've had women at the bars tell me I would be so good looking if I had a full head of hair or I would totally date you if you weren't bald. That right there tells me everything I need to know, that for most women, bald is unacceptable and hair is a prerequisite. That is the cold hard fact. I appreciate your encouragement but unfortunately your quote above trumps that. No offense to you, but I doubt you would be able to pull as many women or the quality of women you do if you were an nw6 like me- no matter how ripped, well dressed or confident you come off. Sorry, but it is the truth. You said it yourself- EVERYTHING IS UP IN THE HAIR!

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although hiding the fact your bald will only bring pain and embaressment when discovered. I dont see why we should suffer ridicule for something we can do little about. Screw these people who think we should suffer this fate when they wouldnt accept it themselves. Do whatever it takes to makes you feel good and forget what anyone else says. Its your life and your running it, no else and thats all that matters.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hell yeah, get that piece, i know i will someday, its only a fair game....

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes bald means against odds in trivial situations such as the dance floor in a club. u have the advantage that you still carry looks without hair. in a cocktail bar type place where convo flows and communication isnt thru appearance and body language ud be fine.personalli i think shaved ur still cool 4the club. if you wan get piece..get it man. it cud be turning point in your hairloss adventure. if any one gives u sh!t jus look in the mirror at the new you and ul be sweet. ur in gud position to do it.