cringing moments...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Although hiding the fact your bald will only bring pain and embaressment when discovered. I dont see why we should suffer ridicule for something we can do little about. Screw these people who think we should suffer this fate when they wouldnt accept it themselves. Do whatever it takes to makes you feel good and forget what anyone else says. Its your life and your running it, no else and thats all that matters.
Exactly! So f-in true! :bravo:
iwantperfection said:
yes bald means against odds in trivial situations such as the dance floor in a club. u have the advantage that you still carry looks without hair. in a cocktail bar type place where convo flows and communication isnt thru appearance and body language ud be fine.personalli i think shaved ur still cool 4the club. if you wan get piece..get it man. it cud be turning point in your hairloss adventure. if any one gives u sh!t jus look in the mirror at the new you and ul be sweet. ur in gud position to do it.
Considering how every other option is a long shot for me, this "last resort" might be just what I need. Others encouragement in this regard is reassuring as well. Everyone on these boards knows all to well just how debilitating being bald has been for me and I'm glad they understand what I feel needs to be done- thank you for that.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
To say that all women will only date you if you had hair is absolute nonsense. It depends on the woman - some women like hair and some women don't. Its like some men like bog boobs and some like small boobs - its all a matter of preference. I've seen many bald/balding guys with good looking gf's and they love them because of who they are not by how much hair they've got on their heads! I agree that young girls do prefer guys with hair but as soon as they get older they look beyond that. My advice would be to stop chasing 18 year olds and go for a girl in her late 20s or early 30s :agree:

barcafan

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
To say that all women will only date you if you had hair is absolute nonsense. It depends on the woman - some women like hair and some women don't. Its like some men like bog boobs and some like small boobs - its all a matter of preference. I've seen many bald/balding guys with good looking gf's and they love them because of who they are not by how much hair they've got on their heads! I agree that young girls do prefer guys with hair but as soon as they get older they look beyond that. My advice would be to stop chasing 18 year olds and go for a girl in her late 20s or early 30s :agree:

So what do you do if you're 20?

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be honest, in my college I have seen plenty of bald guys (by bald I mean REALLY bald like NW5s) with hot girls. Just yesterday I went to class and was driving out of the parking lot and there was a dude with a very hot check. The guy was a NW6 with really light hairs still growing (but didn't cover anything tbh), the dude wasn't shaving his head or buzzing it. He had it like 2 inches long so people can basket the glory of it. Right when they got out of their car they started holding hands, just shows you that some girls care less about hair.

A friend in High school I knew always gets chicks, he also doesn't shave his head and his a NW4 going to 5 and he gets chicks, more than I do. So its not about hair.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm not saying all women but when you are a single nw6 you see disproportionately more of the negative than the positive in terms of female attention. It is discouraging to be rejected by most of the women you approach and you can say hair has nothing to do with it but when you have a long track record of women cringing at your horseshoe with an uneasy look and saying "You're not my type.", it is harder to convince yourself of that. Where are all these bald guys with hot gf's? I saw two in my life. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but from my experience it is pretty rare. Generally speaking the younger ones don't prefer bald (that is a safe generalization IMO) but to say that once women hit 27 or 30 that they stop caring about appearances and more specifically hair, is the wrong generalization. There are plenty of older women who still value a full head of hair and won't date a bald guy. I'm not chasing 21 year olds either.

s.a.f

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Although hiding the fact your bald will only bring pain and embaressment when discovered. I dont see why we should suffer ridicule for something we can do little about. Screw these people who think we should suffer this fate when they wouldnt accept it themselves. Do whatever it takes to makes you feel good and forget what anyone else says. Its your life and your running it, no else and thats all that matters.
Thats life is'nt it.
A guy who has no hairloss in his family, probably looks down on baldies and is happy to put them down because he knows he's not going to have to suffer it himself. What can I say people are asholes, I see thin people make fun of fat people all the time, also people making fun of those with ginger hair. Thats life! :(

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
follicle84 said:
Thats life is'nt it.
A guy who has no hairloss in his family, probably looks down on baldies and is happy to put them down because he knows he's not going to have to suffer it himself. What can I say people are asholes, I see thin people make fun of fat people all the time, also people making fun of those with ginger hair. Thats life! :(

I know someone I'd like to see go bald for all the times he argued it is the bald person's fault. He had a super dense NW0 and ate junk food and played video games all day and said his 6 pack was because of his hard work or carma or something. Even when I loaned him a lot of money, he credited himself, saying it must be carma.

I don't make fun of fat people. But just go to the gym and you will see there are not many fat people there.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
See, it's people like that (and there's more of them out there than you'd think) that think that we deserve to be bald. So enfuriating! :badmood: If there is one thing I would make clear to the general public is that male pattern baldness is genetic- hence not our fault. Karma my ***. Maybe if I became a complete choad like your friend I will miraculously grow a thick nw1 and get a six pack from playing so many video games. :roll:

CCS

Reaction score
I got him to put DHT gel on his dick. Maybe I should have told him that his hair is the best place to absorb it since it has all those holes. Nah, he would not fall for that. Everyone knows DHT causes hairloss.

barcafan

Reaction score
Those people don't bother me, since i know i can kick the sh*t out of most of them. When im bald i'll do it from time to time.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
ur growin on me Barca.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'm not saying all women but when you are a single nw6 you see disproportionately more of the negative than the positive in terms of female attention. It is discouraging to be rejected by most of the women you approach and you can say hair has nothing to do with it but when you have a long track record of women cringing at your horseshoe with an uneasy look and saying "You're not my type.", it is harder to convince yourself of that. Where are all these bald guys with hot gf's? I saw two in my life. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but from my experience it is pretty rare. Generally speaking the younger ones don't prefer bald (that is a safe generalization IMO) but to say that once women hit 27 or 30 that they stop caring about appearances and more specifically hair, is the wrong generalization. There are plenty of older women who still value a full head of hair and won't date a bald guy. I'm not chasing 21 year olds either.

Hey UCman I've been there man and I know how u feel but why would you wanna be with a girl that only cares about how much hair you have? In a way having hairloss is good because straight away you can tell all the women that are shallow and all the ones that ain't. Its got nothing to do with hair if a girl fancies you or not. If a girl says no to you because of hairloss then its her loss and you don't need to be with someone like that. Like the saying goes you've got to dig through the coal before you find the diamond :)

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
zb00st said:
I know someone I'd like to see go bald for all the times he argued it is the bald person's fault. He had a super dense NW0 and ate junk food and played video games all day and said his 6 pack was because of his hard work or carma or something. Even when I loaned him a lot of money, he credited himself, saying it must be carma.

Everyone has there flaws. I bet you he wouldnt be willing to tell you them because he likes to come across godlike. I knew someone like that who had me fooled. Am not one to take diggs at people but what his ex girlfriend said was far from impressive.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Bald Dave said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":7qsferh4]I'm not saying all women but when you are a single nw6 you see disproportionately more of the negative than the positive in terms of female attention. It is discouraging to be rejected by most of the women you approach and you can say hair has nothing to do with it but when you have a long track record of women cringing at your horseshoe with an uneasy look and saying "You're not my type.", it is harder to convince yourself of that. Where are all these bald guys with hot gf's? I saw two in my life. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but from my experience it is pretty rare. Generally speaking the younger ones don't prefer bald (that is a safe generalization IMO) but to say that once women hit 27 or 30 that they stop caring about appearances and more specifically hair, is the wrong generalization. There are plenty of older women who still value a full head of hair and won't date a bald guy. I'm not chasing 21 year olds either.

Hey UCman I've been there man and I know how u feel but why would you wanna be with a girl that only cares about how much hair you have? In a way having hairloss is good because straight away you can tell all the women that are shallow and all the ones that ain't. Its got nothing to do with hair if a girl fancies you or not. If a girl says no to you because of hairloss then its her loss and you don't need to be with someone like that. Like the saying goes you've got to dig through the coal before you find the diamond :)[/quote:7qsferh4]
Your right Dave. It just sucks because there is a LOT of coal out there. But your right about bald guys being in a position to spot the superficial people from the one's with substanance.

barcafan

Reaction score
I think its fair to say that if you're superficial then its only fair that you're also judged in a superficial way.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Something that going bald has taught me is humility and to be more accepting of the faults of others, especially those faults that aren't their fault, you see? I'm not superficial, but being bald puts you in a position to learn alot about people by their reactions to you. IOW, it is the same idea as it says more about them than it does about you.

CCS

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Something that going bald has taught me is humility and to be more accepting of the faults of others, especially those faults that aren't their fault, you see? I'm not superficial, but being bald puts you in a position to learn alot about people by their reactions to you. IOW, it is the same idea as it says more about them than it does about you.

I get upset when guys say they want a woman with "the girl next door look": a woman whose face is so pretty she does not need any make up to hide any blemishes. I remember as a kid I used to make fun of women and their make up habbits, often because it looked so fake (just like old fashioned wigs look fake, though I did not make fun of those). Don't the guys see that the woman is just trying to make herself look better, and that if she is in good shape and not smoking that maybe she just does not like her complexion? A lot of women won't even go swimming with you because they are afraid their makeup will come off in the water, but they don't want you to know that is the reason.

In my search for physically fit women who have my same lifestyle but have a flaw similar to balding, I've looked at the make up wearers and acne women as the women I should be targetting. But you got to realize, if you are not attracted to her face, you are not doing her or you a favor by dating her. That's why a bad woman with a wig, or a toothless woman with false teeth would be a better match since they look good, but it is fake like your wig and the two of you understand each other.