Dario's story - (Age 21, Hairloss with pics)

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hairloss/24/pics

I think you should stay with it at the very least another 6-8 months and then compare pics from then with the pics above. Good luck!

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score

Here's an "update"...this time its dry.

img0802tp7.jpg

img0803lm0.jpg

It took me a lot of bravery to take these photos. :blush:
Yeah...just as I was hopping...it looks like crap. :thumbsdown:
Lately, Im happy when the rainy days come....at least then I dont look like I look in these pictures.

What do you guys think...any hope for this bush? :(

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score

masculineyourheart said:
Take a stroll through SE Freak's story, he was balding in much the same pattern as yourself and had great results on the big 3.

First time I see this....
WOW...its just.....WOW.
If I'll get the half of these results, I'll be happy.

Thank you for that...it gave me more hope.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score

I was reading the treatments section of this forum and I see than many people are complaining about Minoxidil and how it got their hair even worse, thinner....
Could that be my case to?

My second doubt is finasteride pills that I take(was on Propecia 1mg now have switched to Proscar 2.5mg)....I heard some people telling that they got fake ones....could that also be my case? How can I be sure since results are coming, if they are coming, very slowly...

Danceunity

Reaction score

Dario said:
Also, maybe someone from EU will know that, is Oranozol the same thing as Nizoral?

It's the same. I also use Oronazol (main ingredient is Ketokonazole) for seboric dermatitis. I read here that many pepole here use it for preventing hair loss. Is it true?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score

Danceunity said:
Dario said:
Also, maybe someone from EU will know that, is Oranozol the same thing as Nizoral?

It's the same. I also use Oronazol (main ingredient is Ketokonazole) for seboric dermatitis.

So that Ketokonazole is also present in Nizoral, right?

Danceunity said:
I read here that many pepole here use it for preventing hair loss. Is it true?

That my friend...I don't know...

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score

the hair looks ok man. looks like the kind of shed im experiencing right now.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
So I switched to higher dosage of finasteride (2.5mg) two months ago and continued with minoxidil 5% and still nothing.
Its maybe even worse...
So I'm about 7 months on minoxidil and 6 months on finasteride (4 months-1mg+2 months 2.5mg)
I'll buzz my head and post pics here.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
So....here it is, before buzzing it down.
Basicly looks like crap, especially my left temple and vortex...
Could't stand fixing it up all the time during the day so I decided to shave everything off down to 2mm.
img0965dr9.jpg

img0976tw8.jpg

img0969tx1.jpg

img0979zd9.jpg

img0967io8.jpg

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
You look pretty good with a buzzed head! But if your pics accurately convey what your hair looks like in real life, you really didn't need to do it. Very few people other than yourself would think of you as "balding".

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Norsk.
You're right....not many can see that I'm balding, but summer is coming and it will be more obvious.
Especially when my head gets all wet. Now I won't have to worry about the hair so much and from this point I can more easily accept that one day I'll be bald.

....but if you look at the 2nd picture before I shaved it off it's easy to see that volume is missing at the back of my head(vortex)....looks so flat..Also on the 3rd picture..my left temple looks like crap...the direction of hairs, volume...it's sooo poor, messy and thin. Under brighter light it becomes more obvious. Luckly I have some poor lighting in my room. :)

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
I suppose I can see what you mean, but how many people would scrutinize your hair like that? When my hair loss was at your level, I thought I had a full head of hair and never thought about hair loss. Keep it buzzed if that makes you happier, but realize that other people don't see what you see when they look at you. I hope you don't have bdd or anything like that.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Norsk said:
I suppose I can see what you mean, but how many people would scrutinize your hair like that? When my hair loss was at your level, I thought I had a full head of hair and never thought about hair loss. Keep it buzzed if that makes you happier, but realize that other people don't see what you see when they look at you. I hope you don't have bdd or anything like that.

Hard to tell...I might have :(
My mother also says that to me, that my hair is fine...but I always think it's because she doesn't want me to feel bad about it....
Last summer one of my colleague told me that I'm loosing my hair....
I noticed some thinning but never actually though that I'm going bald...

...anyway now I'm in the position were I don't know is Finasterid that I have bought a fake...or should I quit with Minoxidil cuz I'm not sure if it's giving any results...or should I wait another six months... :dunno:
...also I have never stopped shedding....it's not that massive, I probably loose about 50 hairs or less per day...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's very minor hairloss but I can see that it makes you anxious 'cause you're only 21. Do you have baldness in your family or just mature hairlines?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
@ghg
Actually I'm 24. Yes my dad is bald....he also has 3 brothers and none of them is bald.