Dario's story - (Age 21, Hairloss with pics)

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
No one suggested anything...should I add something to the current treatment. I was thinking about trying Revivogen...or...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
In the pics where your hair is longer, only the crown looks like it is slightly thinning. When it is buzzed down I can see where the diffuse is hitting your head on the very top and towards the back, but your hairline is going strong. As far as the temples go I can see what your talking about, but the temple area is one of the most suceptable places for most people anyway. Your taking the meds and still look good so don't be too critical about it.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks UM!
Yeah, you can easily see the "cross" on top of my head. Hair in that section is noticeably thinner. Is there any chance for it to get the same thickness and color as the rest of my hair with current treatments?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
:agree:

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
In the pics where your hair is longer, only the crown looks like it is slightly thinning. When it is buzzed down I can see where the diffuse is hitting your head on the very top and towards the back, but your hairline is going strong. As far as the temples go I can see what your talking about, but the temple area is one of the most suceptable places for most people anyway. Your taking the meds and still look good so don't be too critical about it.

hmmm...interesting, cuz propecia works best on the top....thats why I doubt that it might be fake....
Question is should I wait another 6 months or try something else?

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Admin, could you correct the Subject title...I'm not 21 but 24 y.o.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
So here is 6months update.
I added Revivogen about 3 weeks ago, lower the dosage of Minoxidil to 1xday and also I switch to "real" Proscar because I think that these indians are probably fake.

PICS:

img1213dr6.jpg

img1214wp9.jpg

img1215he4.jpg

img1216ew0.jpg

img1218ah5.jpg

my.php

img1220ap1.jpg

img1221nv1.jpg

img1225ja7.jpg

img1226ap0.jpg

G

looks pretty good to me. it's hard to tell if there's an improvement or not, but it definitely hasn't gotten any worse. if i were you, i'd grow it out just a little bit. you still have plenty of hair and i'm sure it would cover up nicely.

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think you look like you're losing your hair. I guess you know better than I though. Just go with what everyone says are the trusted and true and it'll help you feel better. I would be more concerned with your self image. Your hair looks great and if you buzz your head it looks pretty cool. Just my opinion.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
tgates209 said:
I don't think you look like you're losing your hair. I guess you know better than I though. Just go with what everyone says are the trusted and true and it'll help you feel better. I would be more concerned with your self image. Your hair looks great and if you buzz your head it looks pretty cool. Just my opinion.

:)
I am loosing it, but

Your hair looks great

I have seen how the GREAT hair looks like....mine is far away from it. Look at the page before, I got coverage, but it lacks of volume and on the top hairloss is very noticeable.
Also hair is thinner then on the sides.

Ok...I found some good light which discovers the real situation....here's pics:
hairhi5.jpg

Hope it's more obvious now...

wotsthedeal

Reaction score
Gotta agree with some of the previous posters on here... your hair loss seems very minor. Minor to the point that the average person is never going to notice it. The only people that will probably notice it is 1. You, and 2. people like those in this forum that scrutinize everyone's head for any sign of recession (including me). Honestly, I think your temples could pass for a mature hairline, not necessarily male pattern baldness. You look like you may be thinning diffusely a bit over the top, but you are in great shape - especially considering you are already treating it.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, and this is the guy who came into my thread saying he has much less hair than me. Yeah, f*****g right. 2 years ago it would have been a competition but now there's no question about it.

MEANSTREET

Reaction score
ghg said:
Yeah, and this is the guy who came into my thread saying he has much less hair than me. Yeah, f****ing right. 2 years ago it would have been a competition but now there's no question about it.
Boohoo

BOOHOO

i say u have more hair than him due to you being blond and his hair being dark. Id say he was right saying what he said

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
MEANSTREET said:
ghg said:
Yeah, and this is the guy who came into my thread saying he has much less hair than me. Yeah, f****ing right. 2 years ago it would have been a competition but now there's no question about it.
Boohoo

BOOHOO

i say u have more hair than him due to you being blond and his hair being dark. Id say he was right saying what he said

Yeah, but then again, you're wrong.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Like I said the problem mentioned before is with buzzcut like haircuts, you really can't ever tell if you are balding or not. A heavy flash camera can make with that type of haircut look like they are balding when they are not.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Geez Louise, you are both diffuse thinning just in different patterns. Since when did this become a pissing contest to see who is balder and therefore has the right to moan the loudest? Anyway HP and myself have both of you beat, but remember this is a contest you do NOT want to win.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
ghg said:

I dont know who has more hair but mine is obviously less thick.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
Like I said the problem mentioned before is with buzzcut like haircuts, you really can't ever tell if you are balding or not. A heavy flash camera can make with that type of haircut look like they are balding when they are not.

None of these picture were taken using flash light.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
This one is taken without the flash with macro and with the lamp pointed directly to my head.
Oh boy...it really looks crappy...

brightlp7.jpg

zoomfhqj6.jpg

Closer...

zoomfh1ha8.jpg

Now you can't say that I'm not going bald. :sobbing:

Obsidian

Reaction score
Well didn't you already think you were? Besides what happened to you being positive a few days ago? You are fighting and you're doing what you can. Don't look in the mirror everyday looking for every little imperfection although you sound like you have BDD so that might be hard to do. Just right now I combed my hair forward for the first time in a while after rocking the combover for so long and I can honestly tell you my hair looked thinner and had less volume than yours and I am only on Finasteride with Nizoral right now. To be honest, you look good with a shaved head and if you kept that short haircut, I would not think you are balding.