diffuse thinner considering a hair transplant

pc1990

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, i am now 34, diffuse thinner since 18, I am under medication of dutasteride and oral minoxidil and considering hair transplant.
For diffuse type of thinning, a certain amount of density should have been lost before a hair transplant can be done or it may causes damge to existing hair.

Can you give me some advice on my case, if i have reach that status of considerable density loss? If I can do the hair transplant, what is the estimated grafts needed.
Thanks all.

Attachments

• my case.jpg
    my case.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9

RSmarthen

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO you still have a lot of hair you risk losing, if you transplant new hairs into the diffusing area. Trauma from surgery - direct or indirect - can accelerate your hair loss. Direct trauma would mean that your existing hair follicles are damaged when new recipient incisions are made. Indirect trauma would be from telogen effluvium, general trauma that accelerates the hair cycle. Worst case scenario, you transplant grafts into the area, you lose some (or a lot) of your existing hair, and you paid a lot of money to look exactly the same, or worse.

A lot of guys with hair transplants would do anything to have as much hair as you still have now.

Even in the best scenario, a hair transplant will not restore a full head of hair. In the best scenario, it creates the illusion of a full head of hair. Maybe there are non-surgical things you can do now, that will help create that illusion using the hair you already have right now.