Erik's Story - (Losing my mind over sudden hair loss)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Re: Erik's Story: Losing My Mind Over Sudden Hair Loss

Erik, why did you change your name to Erik D2?

Erik D2

Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
Erik, why did you change your name to Erik D2?

Cause I got banned without notice, and in the middle of a debate where false charges of "racism" and other lies were being levied against me.

I'm considering suing for defamation or slander.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

I cannot believe that such a very nice educated person like you was banned. I have always enjoyed our conversations and I have found you to be totally respectful and tactful when you are talking to well educated people like myself. As a matter of fact, I think you would make a great lawyer, since your arguments are so elloquently expressed.

Erik D2

Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
I cannot believe that such a very nice educated person like you was banned. I have always enjoyed our conversations and I have found you to be totally respectful and tactful when you are talking to well educated people like myself. As a matter of fact, I think you would make a great lawyer, since your arguments are so elloquently expressed.

I return respect for respect, and when forced, contempt for contempt. You have always been respectful towards me and others, so I have come to respect you because of it.

As for some of the others here, they would be clubbed into submission like baby seals and hauled away by security in any kind of real life discussion forum, so I find their abuse of the (appearance of) anonymity on the internet to be contemptible.

Regarding the lawyer observation... I have considered going to law school (with the intent of suing large corporations coincidentally), and may actually do so, but I never wanted to spend my life arguing and debating with fundamentally dishonest people, and that's what much of the law entails.

This linguistic facility I occasionally display is an environmental adaptation that was forced upon me by outside circumstances, and not something I ever really wanted or chose.

But at any rate, I thank you for your kind words, though I am sure you have also seen me at my gutter-mouthed best, so I don't want to get too high on myself, because I am who I am... a flawed human being like the rest of us.

All I ask of others is to have a little decency and restraint, so I don't get drawn into the mud with them. As the old saying goes... "When you wrestle with a pig, you get covered in mud.", and I have become quite muddy on this forum and I am not too happy about it.

But thanks for being a man among apes.

Truthfully,
Erik D.

Aplunk1

Reaction score

This is hilarious, in a way.

If Erik D is indeed as educated as so many suggest, then he'd ultimately realize that his e-lawyer claims are ALSO incorrect.

Erik D, I suggest you look up the legal definition of libel, not slander. You're also well aware that HairLossTalk.com does not qualify for libel's prerequisite, prominence, therefore putting your hypothetical lawsuit bullshit out of the question.

An unknown user, switching between various IP addresses, threatening lawsuits. I won't say anymore, though I do hope that the ADMIN intervenes.

Erik D2

Reaction score

Aplunk1 said:
This is hilarious, in a way.

If Erik D is indeed as educated as so many suggest, then he'd ultimately realize that his e-lawyer claims are ALSO incorrect.

Erik D, I suggest you look up the legal definition of libel, not slander. You're also well aware that HairLossTalk.com does not qualify for libel's prerequisite, prominence, therefore putting your hypothetical lawsuit bullshit out of the question.

Are you an attorney?

kilgore

Reaction score

Good to see you back Erik.

I disagree with almost everything you say, but I think you were unfairly banned. The accusations of racism and the other crap were not only baseless but also ridiculous.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Its only a matter of time that this thread is going to be locked too :innocent:

Erik D2

Reaction score

Aplunk1 said:

You seem ignorant of recent internet based libel/slander/defamation lawsuits.

An unknown user,

I'm not unknown... I'm Erik D.

Speaking of unknown, who or what is an "Aplunk"?

switching between various IP addresses,

I've never switched IP addresses, so once again you reveal yourself to be a fabricator of false claims.

threatening lawsuits. I won't say anymore, though I do hope that the ADMIN intervenes.

They are intervening... because the owners of this forum know that they're technically liable for what happens here.

But my beef is not with them by any means, it's with people like you and your ilk that selfishly abuse the forum the owner graciously provided us, by using it to abuse and level false claims against others, in the misguided notion that the illusion of internet anonymity will somehow allow you to get away with it.

kilgore

Reaction score

I retract my previous statement.
I looked at some of Erik D's previous posts and it seems that in fact he did make comments bashing homosexuals and women, besides being abusive towards other posters.

What is even more troubling is that he continues with the same type of behavior with his new username.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=42504&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40

Erik D2

Reaction score

I guess you forgot about the false "racism" charge.

At any rate, I dispute the context by which you interpret those statements. My intent, and how others perceive my intent, are not always identical.

That being said, are we here to figure out how to regrow our hair, or to have a debate on these side issues which would never have come up if not for the unmerited abuse heaped upon me, and which drove me to speak in ways that could be subject to misinterpretation?

I'm here to regrow my hair. If anyone else is too, then let's put aside all the extracurricular bs, and get down to business.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

very entertaining thread indeed.