Ever thought about killing yourself?

dude77

Reaction score
Suicide is not a right .. hence you don't have rights over your own body .. does that sound right ? .. I disagree with this .. it's your body .. if you want to end your life go ahead .. equally if you want to continue your life go ahead .. it's your body

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
What about Diet, i hear that's a big reason for acne...

Yea I should have mentioned that too. Doctors try saying it doesn't have any effect but honestly when you eat junk that's filled with things your body sees as toxins and you don't have enough fluid in your body to flush them out the connection is pretty obvious. Plus it fucks with your kidneys.

I might get some flack for this but I think too much wanking can contribute as well. If you do it everyday for long bouts of time it messes with your hormones, increases stress hormones like cortisol and is also hard on your kidneys.

CCS

Reaction score
dude77 said:
Suicide is not a right .. hence you don't have rights over your own body .. does that sound right ? .. I disagree with this .. it's your body .. if you want to end your life go ahead .. equally if you want to continue your life go ahead .. it's your body

Does a drunk person have a right to sign a big legally binding contract? Well how much more binding is suicide? If someone wants to kill themself, do you not believe there is a possibility they are not in an abnormal mind state? When you get sick, or are in lots of pain, does it affect your mood, or make you snap at your friends a bit for stuff you would not under normal circumstances?

If a group of doctors agree you have good reason to kill yourself, fine. But we need a panel of experts. If you want to kill yourself just because of your hair, I'm sure any rational person would agree you are in a deluded mind state and should have your power of atterny temporarily removed.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Petchsky said:
Yea I should have mentioned that too.

I think it's *purely* genetic like hairloss and there is no cure, just treatments... every time I stop it comes back, I don't think it has anything to do with diets :(.

s.a.f

Reaction score
mpower said:
cleverusername said:
Petchsky said:
Yea I should have mentioned that too.

I think it's *purely* genetic like hairloss and there is no cure, just treatments... every time I stop it comes back, I don't think it has anything to do with diets :(.

I agree you're either destined or your not, its in your genes. Any outside influences wil be extremley negligable we're talking changing your lifestyle for a less than 5% difference its simply not worth stressing yourself about it.
I've seen so many guys on here who have a complex about everything they do and everything they eat.

Shall I work out or not? How much is too much? If I eat this will it help my hair or will it hinder it. Will this raise my testosterone levels?

And there is no evidence at all to show it makes any difference yet there are countless examples of people doing all the things that are 'supposedly' bad for your hair and yet still retaining a perfect NW1 whilst people living a squeaky clean lifestyle are still going bald.

dude77

Reaction score
some people just want to die .. there are people who've had depression for a very long time due to complex mental issues .. and it's an ongoing torture for them .. not an overnight thing .. yes .. someone who's depression has arisen because of their hairloss needs help because hairloss is a minor issue .. but who are you or me or anyone else to tell the person at the beginning of this paragraph that they can't 'go' .. what gives you or anyone else the right to order them around with regards to what they can or can't do with their body especially if they've been in a miserable, torturous mental state for DECADES ? ..

CCS said:
dude77 said:

Does a drunk person have a right to sign a big legally binding contract? Well how much more binding is suicide? If someone wants to kill themself, do you not believe there is a possibility they are not in an abnormal mind state? When you get sick, or are in lots of pain, does it affect your mood, or make you snap at your friends a bit for stuff you would not under normal circumstances?

If a group of doctors agree you have good reason to kill yourself, fine. But we need a panel of experts. If you want to kill yourself just because of your hair, I'm sure any rational person would agree you are in a deluded mind state and should have your power of atterny temporarily removed.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
All I know is during the summer I never have acne. I'm in the sun, stress is low, I drink a lot of water, I exercise. When I lived in the UK and the winter was much milder than NY and I would play basketball or soccer all the time I didn't have acne either. The only time I'd get it would be if I had gotten drunk a few nights in a row. Beer DOES promote acne, look it up. I definitely think lifestyle plays a huge role in your complexion. Most athletes have great skin.

As far as hair loss I'd say it's probably 98% genetics. A good diet/lifestyle can probably help you slow things down but at a pretty negligible level.

barcafan

Reaction score
But maybe a pisspoor lifestyle can INITIATE balding, and then once it's started you might be screwed and a good lifestyle wont stop it, know what im saying?

I think that's a definite possibility because i was an unhealthy kid when i started losing clumps of hair (back when i was around 16), i think for sure that had something to do with it. I played way too many video games, and didnt eat well and didnt play sports as much as i should have (even though i was quite talented in sports).

My brother (Who's 5 years my elder) had a more moderate lifestyle and is just now worried that hes starting to lose his hair (at 26 years old--it still might even be in his head). Granted, we're not the SAME person, i think it still might be a possibility since our hair loss was 10 years apart, so to speak. We also look very similiar/have similar characteristics.

ali777

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to everyone....

Let me give you my take on the issue. I have been low and depressed a few times in my life, but ending my life was never even a question for me. I'm actually still in the process of rebuilding my life after my last f*ck up, things aren't that good for me at the moment but much better than last year and I have a renewed will to live.

I think biologically we are programmed to be survival machines, in the presence of dangers we go into a defence mode and we refuse to give up. Psychological obstacles are not the same as a physical obstacles and are probably more difficult to deal with, but we still somehow fight them and come out stronger at the other side.

I believe that a problem that doesn't kill us, makes us stronger in the long run.

Do you feel down about your hairloss? Don't give up on life, instead of going into hiding, go out even more. Strengthen your social circle, work harder on other aspects of your life, etc. It's not the end of life.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cleverusername said:
Beer DOES promote acne, look it up. I definitely think lifestyle plays a huge role in your complexion. Most athletes have great skin.

More anecdotal BS.

Beer "promotes" acne? Got a source for that?

ali777

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
cleverusername said:
Beer DOES promote acne, look it up. I definitely think lifestyle plays a huge role in your complexion. Most athletes have great skin.

More anecdotal BS.

I personally think beer does cause acne with me. My only evidence is my observations.

It may not be the beer itself. It could be the increased calorie intake in one day, or the burgers I eat when I go out. The only certainty I have is more acne after a night out.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
cleverusername said:

More anecdotal BS.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Foods-That-Ca ... &id=613455

More importantly I'm going by my own experiences. You don't have to believe it, I really don't give a sh*t I'm just trying to give some suggestions that have worked for me. Take it or leave it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Beer, acne?.....way off topic.

IBM

Reaction score
i'm stuck in the office working at night. today is bad hair day. I'm very depressed.

EDIT: And i didnt had dinner and dont know where to eat. There's no civilization near the office. Damn.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I definately get more spots after nights out.

However, apart from the alcohol it could be one of the following

-I usually wash my face every 2-3 hours. On a night out it doesn't get washed for about 7 hours.
-Hot sweaty environment, breeding ground for bacteria
-I wear hair gel, this could run off in sweat over my face, causing irritation/blocked pores.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Suicide is absolutely pointless and selfish.

At least you have a choice between life or death , whereas terminally ill people and third world children haven't. Go tell someone with Cancer that you want to kill yourself because you are losing your hair and see how they react.

Selfish thoughts man.. Might as well take your life for getting athletes foot.

rider88

Reaction score
hair loss has affected me to the point that i don't love myself anymore...

i cringe when i walk past mirrors in public, public bathrooms, reflections in shop windows etc just because im really horrified/afraid of my image these days.

with that said, there are so many others that i do, such as family, gf, friends, i couldn't ever bring myself to do something horrible like that, but yes i've definitely thought about it and decided that i should just be happy with what i have

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
rider88 said:
hair loss has affected me to the point that i don't love myself anymore...

I guess you don't have much going on for yourself then. Talking about an empty shell...

Fundi said:
I definately get more spots after nights out.

However, apart from the alcohol it could be one of the following

-I usually wash my face every 2-3 hours. On a night out it doesn't get washed for about 7 hours.
-Hot sweaty environment, breeding ground for bacteria
-I wear hair gel, this could run off in sweat over my face, causing irritation/blocked pores.

It's no wonder you get acne if you wash your face that often. You wash the natural oil off your skin regularly and cause your skin to produce more oil. Simple. Wash only twice a day and not with a soap. Sugar, wheat and such can also cause acne on a susceptible person. Butter, olive oil and coconut oil are good for your skin.