Ever thought about killing yourself?

die_hard

Established Member
Reaction score
Just because it's the end of your hairline, doesn't mwan it's the end of the world.

-DH

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
rider88 said:
hair loss has affected me to the point that i don't love myself anymore...

I guess you don't have much going on for yourself then. Talking about an empty shell...

Fundi said:
I definately get more spots after nights out.

However, apart from the alcohol it could be one of the following

-I usually wash my face every 2-3 hours. On a night out it doesn't get washed for about 7 hours.
-Hot sweaty environment, breeding ground for bacteria
-I wear hair gel, this could run off in sweat over my face, causing irritation/blocked pores.

It's no wonder you get acne if you wash your face that often. You wash the natural oil off your skin regularly and cause your skin to produce more oil. Simple. Wash only twice a day and not with a soap. Sugar, wheat and such can also cause acne on a susceptible person. Butter, olive oil and coconut oil are good for your skin.

Firstly, my skin was far more oily before I started washing this often (Maybe due to age difference). I mean if I wiped my forehead on paper it would leave a stain. It was also far more spotty.

By washing my face as often as I do, the amount of spots I get has dramatically decreased. I don't use soap, but special mild products.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
ali777 said:
Thickandthin said:
cleverusername said:
Beer DOES promote acne, look it up. I definitely think lifestyle plays a huge role in your complexion. Most athletes have great skin.

More anecdotal BS.

Beer "promotes" acne? Got a source for that?

I personally think beer does cause acne with me. My only evidence is my observations.

It may not be the beer itself. It could be the increased calorie intake in one day, or the burgers I eat when I go out. The only certainty I have is more acne after a night out.

Lol, of course beer can promote acne. Beer is a wheat product with shitloads of fast carbs, and carbs are the single worst thing for acne. Same goes for burgers. I used to have a horrible acne on my face and on the shoulders but now that I'm on a low-carb, high fat diet I only get a few occasional spots here and there, and no acne on the shoulders at all. Too bad the diet doesn't help my seb. dermatitis all that much...

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My doctor told me food had no effect (He seemed very knowledgable on acne, to the point of knowing the exact latin name for the bacteria responsible) except if your were to eat greasy food, which got around your mouth and not cleaning it for a while - No internal effect, not sure if this is true.

On a brighter note, I got a job today! Great location, good money! Not my dream job in terms of what I wanted to do in the long term but a good start. :)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the doctors like telling ppl that nutrition has no effect on most things, like type 2 diabetes and acne. Truth is it really matters what you eat and eating fat (good fat, butter, eggs, olive and coconut oil and such) is good for your skin complexion. Cut refined sugar from your diet and see for yourself.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cruz said:
mpower said:
what have you you tried for acne? I think I have tried everything that exists... skinoren, salicylic acid, zink, sulphur, even some kind of antibiotics (i don't remember the name).

Yeah, i've tried most of those things, none of which did anything for me. Currently keeping it under control using Benzoyl Peroxide (see the 'regimen' at acne.org). It's the only thing that has ever worked for me but is a pain in the *** in term of how long the whole routine takes (i know what you mean when you say you feel like a woman, lol!).

certainly does make you feel cursed when you just seem to be dealing with one issue after another.

I think we went back and forth with this on another topic, but one thing after another is exactly how I feel. Last summer ('08), I had just started to get over my acne. I still have it, but its getting a lot better. Except now I'm losing my hair. When I was in my early 20's, I was hiding at home a lot because of acne. Friends would go out, I would stay home. During that time, I looked forward to my late 20's. Well, I hit my late 20's, and my acne got a little better, and my hair started going a little grey. I was in heaven. I felt like, man, when I hit 30, I'm going to be one of those guys that gets progressively better looking as he gets older (hair loss genes in my family, especially premature hair loss, are pretty much non-existent). Not anymore.
And yes, I've definitely contemplated suicide. It's deeper than just hair loss, for sure. I've always had self confidence issues. Suicide runs in my family. I've tried it before (when I was about 15). The problem is, both my dad's father and his sister committed suicide. I couldn't do that to him. My parents would be destroyed. I can't imagine anyone else would mind, but it would hurt them too much. If they were gone, or didn't care, I'd be dead tomorrow. When they go, I go, but not until then.