Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply the gel to your scalp?...unless you have little or no hair. When I tried this it was pretty messy and the gel got all over my hair.
That's why I apply in the evening before bed, in the temples, hairline, I have a thin spot on the top of my head I part and apply there. I'm using 2mg so it's doable.

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mate I’m in a similar boat. I have been seeing a girl since January. And is one of the reasons why I had to drop spironolactone. My gyno was so bad too. Luckily she is a lawyer in London so we only see each other every other weekend so she never actually saw my gyno at it’s worse. If gyno was not a side affect I’d stay on it 100%.
Just tell your girl friends you're a conservative Catholic and don't do premarital sex.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you apply the gel to your scalp?...unless you have little or no hair. When I tried this it was pretty messy and the gel got all over my hair.
he means like putting it on hairless parts of the scalp, it's still going into the blood stream but applying some to hairless areas (like maybe temples) might make a difference in hair growth

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just tell your girl friends you're a conservative Catholic and don't do premarital sex.

Trouble is though, sex is so good. And I do not know if I could ever be without it. I’m going to start spironolactone again but only go to 100mg. It nuked my testosterone at 200mg and I was literally ejaculating nothing. So maybe I might still respond to a lower dosage. I’ve been on oral min for over a month now too so my hair might improve on that.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Trouble is though, sex is so good. And I do not know if I could ever be without it. I’m going to start spironolactone again but only go to 100mg. It nuked my testosterone at 200mg and I was literally ejaculating nothing. So maybe I might still respond to a lower dosage. I’ve been on oral min for over a month now too so my hair might improve on that.
How is sex good when you have no libido and ejaculate? on cypro I don't even think about it.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about to start spironolactone. I read a publication that less than 7% of men get gyno at 50 mg/day. We know that wouldn't be enough on it's own, but with a 5AR it just might do the trick. I plan to combine low dose spironolactone with finasteride daily and 1 dutas/week.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm about to start spironolactone. I read a publication that less than 7% of men get gyno at 50 mg/day. We know that wouldn't be enough on it's own, but with a 5AR it just might do the trick. I plan to combine low dose spironolactone with finasteride daily and 1 dutas/week.
It is highly unlikely that spironolactone would work for a dose less than 200 mg.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is sex good when you have no libido and ejaculate? on cypro I don't even think about it.

I didn’t even mention my libido. Which I will add, even at 200mg I still wanted to have regular sex and I could still get an erection.
I’m off it for now and apart from my hair life is good.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Good luck mate. As far as I’m aware I don’t think I read any post where people have stayed at a low dosage for over a year. So who knows. I for sure hate gyno so hopefully a low dosage will not give me it again. You should give oral min a try too. I’m on 10mg and have not had any side effect on it. Too early to say if it will work though lol.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I may as well make a proper comparison in a single post to make it easier to find. These are my results from using Cyproterone 12.5 mg, sometimes everyday and sometimes every other day and estrogel 2.5 mg to 3.75 mg per day for 8 & a half months.

Before (Summer 2018) With toppik, dermatch, dry shampoo and hair volumizing powder.
View attachment 118490

And after (This afternoon May 4 2019) With nothing in my hair.
View attachment 118491

My hair was actually worse than I remembered. I mean I knew it was bad but I remember it looking better with all that stuff I used to put in it. Someone should have told me to just cut it short.
2.5 - 3.75 mg per day ?. does that mean you apply estrogel 4 times a day ? or do you just take a big dose every day ?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "likemike, сообщение: 1802609, участник: 105078"] https://mypack24.de/936-large_default/frischhaltefolie-45cmx300m-4-rollen.jpg

Oh okay i thought you mean mg not g

у меня есть 7 капель E2 утром на ноге и натереть это ... и носить фольгу и леггинсы / колготки поверх него
вечером

значения Е2 находятся между 180 и 320 пг / мл.

более 200 пг / мл в волосах [/ QUOTE]
Oh okay i thought you mean mg not g
depending on the concentration of 1 g of estradiol gel in ml. Usually per 1 g of gel = 1 ml of estradiol. If the gel is 0.5 g, then estradiol in it is 0.5 ml

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn Bridgeburn, hair looks awesome. I can def tell you first hand and because I have gyno from cypro that regrowth is def from minoxidil. Obviously better results because you cut out the cause of hairloss so minoxidil can act properly, but I’m not on anything but dutasteride and Cypro and I’m losing still with gyno.
I don't think the regrowth is due to minoxidil... I highly doubt minoxidil has the potential to regrow your hairline, if that was the case oral minoxidil could be used alone with success. Although, the medications work in synergy so oral minoxidil is most likely speeding the process. Estrogen is what causes regrowth, since that has the ability to whilst minoxidil probably made the process faster.

It's both.
plenty of people have regrown hair without using minoxidil and people have also continued losing hair while using oral min.

Minoxidil no doubt gives the fastest and best initial results, however, it's very common for the minoxidil boost to wear off after a year. That's why the most amazing minoxidil before and afters are usually showing the first 3 to 6 months or so. Eventually the current gene transcriptional state "catches up" and overruns the stimulation. I take plenty of minoxidil but my chest hair has continued thinning regardless. It's the same reason coffee can help you wake up but won't do much if you are truly exhausted. Also, part of what min does is force hair into the anagen phase, therefore the benefit appears better than it really is and this often leads to minoxidil dependence and synchronized sheds.

just ask @Georgie

With that said, I Know I would not have the same results, especially on the temples without the minoxidil. Everything I'm using works synergistically, If you crash your T with antiandrogens and estradiol then minoxidil can work its best.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn do you think minoxidil is still necessary to maintain the new hair?
I think it wouldn't be if I stay on HRT or at least greatly inhibit 5ar. Although risky cause I know stopping it is supposed to guareentee a loss but maybe if I do it gradually enough. There was one time I found a transgender regrowth timeline where she gradually reduced min and continued growing hair.

and also, @DuckThisSheet said that Antydhtor is now maintaining with only finasteride and dutasteride.

getting DHT out of the scalp is most important for maintaining.

twins-hair-loss-main-photo.jpg

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it wouldn't be if I stay on HRT or at least greatly inhibit 5ar. Although risky cause I know stopping it is supposed to guareentee a loss but maybe if I do it gradually enough. There was one time I found a transgender regrowth timeline where she gradually reduced min and continued growing hair.

and also, @DuckThisSheet said that Antydhtor is now maintaining with only finasteride and dutasteride.

View attachment 120314

Personally I think dropping minoxidil won’t lead to a loss of results, if the dose was originally minimal. An example would be a dose of 0.625MG/day, or something along those lines.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please answer this: will bicalutamide be effective in a woman at a dose of 50MG/EOD? It’s mainly for treating acne.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 120314
So do u really think that what u grew back with cypro and estrogen would be maintainable on dutas and finasteride?