Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are aiming for higher E levels, you might just not be taking enough (or need a different method). On 4mg sublingual pills, my e level was 62pg/ml. On 6mg my level was 140pg/ml. Then when I initially switched to injections, my level skyrocketed to 552pg/ml and I had to tweak my dosage until I got my levels to sit somewhere between 200-300. So it's kinda trial and error to say the least.

How long did you take pills and did you get any regrowth with it?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m so jealous......... I would love to know what I should do to have... yeah nevermind.
Actually I’m the only one here with no success. That’s weird. I’m always the black swan/sheep (mouton noir).
My last option is witchcraft, if you know some of it contact me.

I think you should try bicalutamide again, for an extended period of time. It leads to degradation of the androgen receptors with prolonged use, which could be helpful in your case...

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did you take pills and did you get any regrowth with it?
Took pills for probably about 5 months. Injections now for about 6 months. Yes, i've had regrowth. I had minor temple recession and pretty heavy diffuse thinning with a few patchy bald spots. One of my temples filled in completely, the other not as much but better than before. Top filled in a ton. Still have a couple thinner spots, but nothing like before.

Posted this photo before, which shows the worst spot largely filled in.

PhotoGrid_1564134812401.jpg

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Took pills for probably about 5 months. Injections now for about 6 months. Yes, i've had regrowth. I had minor temple recession and pretty heavy diffuse thinning with a few patchy bald spots. One of my temples filled in completely, the other not as much but better than before. Top filled in a ton. Still have a couple thinner spots, but nothing like before.

View attachment 126823

Great results, what was your entire regimen?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, what was your entire regimen?
Started at 4mg sublingual e, and 100mg spironolactone. After 2 months or so moved up to 6mg sublingual e, 150mg spironolactone. Then noticed my estrone (e1) levels were out of control at a 10/1 ratio with estradiol (e2) which can happen to about a third of people taking pills. So I changes to injections which corrected the ratio. I've since lowered my spironolactone dosage to 50mg since I don't like the diuretic side effects. Going to try and swap to bica at my next Doctor appointment.

Also take finasteride, but I've taken that for years.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 126823
Hairs on your vertex were never a problem, right?

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score

Nice result, did you notice any difference in regrowth when you switched to injections and got good levels?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice result, did you notice any difference in regrowth when you switched to injections and got good levels?
Honestly don't know since I noticed regrowth on pills which has thickened up over time. So not sure if it would have done it the same on either method. I switched due to some side effects I was getting due to excessive estrone levels

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started at 4mg sublingual e, and 100mg spironolactone. After 2 months or so moved up to 6mg sublingual e, 150mg spironolactone. Then noticed my estrone (e1) levels were out of control at a 10/1 ratio with estradiol (e2) which can happen to about a third of people taking pills. So I changes to injections which corrected the ratio. I've since lowered my spironolactone dosage to 50mg since I don't like the diuretic side effects. Going to try and swap to bica at my next Doctor appointment.

Also take finasteride, but I've taken that for years.

Do you plan to get a gyno surgery in future?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, I'm cool with a little extra boob. Besides if I wear a tank top underneath my shirt they kinda just look like pecs anyway
Can you please cite me that product on Amazon or simply name it? I've started spironolactone again so I'm afraid of worsening of gyno for I still have tiny bit of it left.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you please cite me that product on Amazon or simply name it? I've started spironolactone again so I'm afraid of worsening of gyno for I still have tiny bit of it left.
What product? A tank top? You can just use any standard one. Just make sure it's tight.

Honestly what I use under my shirt when I really don't want anything to be noticeable is a tight sports bra like this:

adidas Women's Alphaskin Sport Bra, White, Small https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071GD1MMF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HZ8xDb3STR6VA

But I doubt too many men will feel ok wearing something like that that so you could always just get something with equivalent compression like an underarmor shirt
Under Armour Men's HeatGear Armour Short Sleeve Compression T-Shirt, Carbon Heather (090)/Black, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KHTM9X0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_W48xDb40CGBE7

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Consider gyno surgery instead. Gynocosmetia is a compulsory trade-off for hair.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am thinking about replacing 300 mg spironolactone with 100 mg bicalutamide. I am considering this because my vertex and corners of hairline keep worsening over the time. What's your opinion? Will it work better than spironolactone 300 mg?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Consider gyno surgery instead. Gynocosmetia is a compulsory trade-off for hair.

I'm perfectly fine with having breasts, it's a good trade-off for me, on another note i wouldn't want to risk a botched gyno surgery and end up losing feeling in my chest area, but anyone else can get gyno surgery if that's what they want.