Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone thinking about taking E orally, like small dose 1mg, say 2-3 times a week, in addition to E topically?
Hit it inside and out. Isn't bridge doing this sublingual.
nah, everbodies hardcore. not quite sublinguilly; I'm doing it buccally.
My face has a softer look to it, I guess I look a little more feminine, there's something different about my eyes I think they look rounder somehow.
I've been told that I have "bambi" eyes which makes me give more youthful vibe. The eyes seem to open up more somehow
I saw some family recently that I havent seen since starting all this and my aunt said I looked better and healthier and that my face looked more full. I was also a little underweight before. No one else has said anything. I figure the people who see me week by week havent noticed anything
its really f*****g weird how family always noticed my hair loss, but after regrowing everyone seems to just remember that I've always had this much hair.
I didn't visit home for a year though. my grandma thinks that I'm not as muscular and asked if I was eating enough. She also said that my nose curve is different, but she likely may just not remember exactly how I was a year ago.
Everyone noticed that my hair is longer, but Only my Uncle pointed out anything else hair wise, saying he is convincedI dyed it cause its darker -___-
If my testosterone comes back high, which I think it will (my libido is ridiculous). I’ll experiment with estrogen to see if I can lower it into normal ranges and hopefully grow this hair back.
If you take enough of it and keep even levels, it can lower T by 95%

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you live in America?

Canada

Hi , you story is very fascinating. I also want to try HRT for my hair loss but my biggest fear is irreversible sterility. Considering the fact that you are on low dose of estradiol you must be able to c*m. So my question to you is, If I take 200 mg spironolactone and 1 mg estradiol daily , would it make me strile?

There is a chance that it will but everyone is different. The biggest clue if your going sterile or not is that when you orgasm nothing comes out and your testicles start shrinking. My balls havent changed and I still have decent size ejaculations if thats a word so I am probably fine. Some people have been on full dose hrt for years then decided thay wanted children and after stopping hrt for a while were no longer sterile. So there is a chance but you will be able to see it coming and on that dose if it did happen it would probably take 5 or 6 years.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been told that I have "bambi" eyes which makes me give more youthful vibe. The eyes seem to open up more somehow

lol yeah you definetly have bambi eyes thats the perfect term.

its really f*****g weird how family always noticed my hair loss, but after regrowing everyone seems to just remember that I've always had this much hair.
I didn't visit home for a year though. my grandma thinks that I'm not as muscular and asked if I was eating enough. She also said that my nose curve is different, but she likely may just not remember exactly how I was a year ago.
Everyone noticed that my hair is longer, but Only my Uncle pointed out anything else hair wise, saying he is convincedI dyed it cause its darker -___-

That f*****g blows my mind. I'm sure it will be the same with me. Even If I have fabio hair 3 months from now It's crazy to think most people wont even notice. If no one noticed with you then they definetely wont with me. I was a master at using dermmatch and toppik together to get a shabby but not completely balding look.

I think at some level our familly and friends notice the change but only subconciously. They probably think your looking better these days but cant figure out why. Like how my aunt said I looked better and healthier. I only gained 5 pounds since seeing her so I know it must be the hrt she's noticing and probablly everyone else sees it too it's just that there memorys are so bad they think wait did he always look like this?

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridgey do u think that its the estrogen that is growing back hair on bare skin as estrogen gives cells permission to grow?

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridgey do u think that its the estrogen that is growing back hair on bare skin as estrogen gives cells permission to grow/divide?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t Bridge is back!
but I could disappear any moment.. maybe I will for another month or so, dropping in every now and then until someday I'll ascend past the mortal affairs of HairLossTalk.com.. the scalp is always hairier on the other side..
you can run things when I'm gone

And wow the estrogen really makes you look young. Honestly if you had no facial hair I might think you were 16 years old or something.
this girl I sat next to in class would not believe I'm 28, she wanted me to bring my birth certificate lol.
Honestly if you had no facial hair I might think you were 16 years old or something.
that was a more beardy picture, I buzz it then let it grow a week or 2, repeat. the bottom part grows wayy faster now than the upper part, which continues to grow uneven and slow
Thanks for the warnings about the event horizon for gyno. right now my nipples look pretty normal, I mean when im warm they look puffy but they dont stick out or anything and I dont feel any lumps. I can see your point about how having strong pecs wont hide anything after awhile but as long as they just are a bit puffy and not sticking out I find it helps my look. Oh and I might just try the Raloxifene as a liquid with dsmo that sounds like a good idea. Thanks again you always have the best advice.
when I was taking 50mg cypro, dutasteride, and 2 to 3mg estrogel. I got significant gyno, and the big disk called a breast bud formed, im pretty sure it appeared at less than 6 months mark. first at the right one only appeared and not the left at all but about several weeks later, maybe a month later the left bud appeared.

this is how the stages progresed for me from the beginning of hormones:
1. small hard lumps appear near nipples, nipples got a bit puffy. (it still looked normal)

2. more small hard lumps appear and increased in number, they were like little rocks! gyno sensations/ soreness increased. the puffy nipples were really soft feeling.
I still looked relatively normal at this point with shirt off, it was noticeable only if youre looking for it, I showed my cousin for opinion. I still had chest hair so that helped.

3. The lumps suddenly went away.. the calm before the storm.

4. big thick lump about the size of the nipple, which was a bigger nipple than baseline, appears right under right nipple. Left nipple is still soft and squishy to touch. right didn't feel soft anymore cause of the big lump .

I'm not sure what would've happened at this point if I had stopped Hrt, if the big breast bud would stay there underdeveloped and hard or just disappear?

5. this happened a little later for left one, but those big hard buds expanded and softened a bit, hardened a bit again but then got even softer and moved back into the breasts expanding but softening eventually dissolving itself into glandular tissue like cottage cheese or something.

they became more erogenous after that.

I think around that time i noticed half my chest hair was gone cause I couldn't see the familiar patterns as well. I didnt pay much attention to chest hair so it seemed sudden like oh wow that has been gradually happened. I pulled my chest hair a bit and it would pop out very easily, it was amusingly surreal.

hope that helps some folks what to look for. Im not sure what exactly the process is supposed to be but thats how it was for me.

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Canada

There is a chance that it will but everyone is different. The biggest clue if your going sterile or not is that when you orgasm nothing comes out and your testicles start shrinking. My balls havent changed and I still have decent size ejaculations if thats a word so I am probably fine. Some people have been on full dose hrt for years then decided thay wanted children and after stopping hrt for a while were no longer sterile. So there is a chance but you will be able to see it coming and on that dose if it did happen it would probably take 5 or 6 years.
If I am correct you are taking estradiol topically not orally? I would also want to go for topical route. How much gel shall I apply and where?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
but I could disappear any moment.. maybe I will for another month or so, dropping in every now and then until someday I'll ascend past the mortal affairs of HairLossTalk.com.. the scalp is always hairier on the other side..
you can run things when I'm gone

lol sure I'll keep it going.

I think around that time i noticed half my chest hair was gone cause I couldn't see the familiar patterns as well. I didnt pay much attention to chest hair so it seemed sudden like oh wow that has been gradually happened. I pulled my chest hair a bit and it would pop out very easily, it was amusingly surreal.

hope that helps some folks what to look for. Im not sure what exactly the process is supposed to be but thats how it was for me.

I have noticed my chest hair slightly thin out recently I hope it doesent too much I like the look of it. I can feel something hard behind my nipples when I pinch there. Its not behind the nipple but around it. Its not a lump or anything but I can feel something hard. What is that?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
That f*****g blows my mind. I'm sure it will be the same with me. Even If I have fabio hair 3 months from now It's crazy to think most people wont even notice. If no one noticed with you then they definetely wont with me. I was a master at using dermmatch and toppik together to get a shabby but not completely balding look.

I think at some level our familly and friends notice the change but only subconciously. They probably think your looking better these days but cant figure out why. Like how my aunt said I looked better and healthier. I only gained 5 pounds since seeing her so I know it must be the hrt she's noticing and probablly everyone else sees it too it's just that there memorys are so bad they think wait did he always look like this?
I wonder if I lived closer to home if it would've made more of a difference?

it could be that people notice but don't usually point out positive things, especially for men. maybe its human nature to point out negative and neutral things mostly.

I'm sure that artists would be more observant than other types of ppl.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

If I am correct you are taking estradiol topically not orally? I would also want to go for topical route. How much gel shall I apply and where?

Yeah I use it topicaly. Generally you apply it to your stomach thighs or inner arms. How much to apply is up to you. I think 2.5 mg of estrogel which contains 1.5 mg of estradiol is a good place to start.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey bridgey do u think that its the estrogen that is growing back hair on bare skin as estrogen gives cells permission to grow/divide?
yeah, basically. estrogen changes gene transcription. many genes which are found to be downrefulated in balding scalp are upregulated by estrogen and genes upregulated in balding scalp are downregulated by estrogen.

theoritically you could regrow without it as long as you hit all the right gene targets.

however it also has many other indirect effects good for hair as well; it decreases PGD2, increases SHBG, causes testicular atrophy, inhibits 5ar, and makes negative feedback on HPG axis.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if I lived closer to home if it would've made more of a difference?

it could be that people notice but don't usually point out positive things, especially for men. maybe its human nature to point out negative and neutral things mostly.

I think this is true. When I was working out a lot years ago no one ever commented on my muscles but when I got sick and lost a bunch of weight people commented to ask me why I got so skinny. Also men just dont compliment each other on appearance. I dont think I ever have myself. But I definetely would if I saw a guy go from basically bald to a full head of hair.

I'm sure that artists would be more observant than other types of ppl

Thats funny you say that. I hope I dont sound pretentious but I consider myself an artist and I've always noticed the little changes that people go through.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can feel something hard behind my nipples when I pinch there. Its not behind the nipple but around it. Its not a lump or anything but I can feel something hard. What is that?
That sounds just like what I was describing as a small hard lump. For me it was also not directly behind nipple, near or on border of areola theyd appear. it was small and hard like a peanut sized rock.
if theres only 1 of them for now, you might only be in 1st stage I wrote.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, basically. estrogen changes gene transcription. many genes which are found to be downrefulated in balding scalp are upregulated by estrogen and genes upregulated in balding scalp are downregulated by estrogen.

theoritically you could regrow without it as long as you hit all the right gene targets.

however it also has many other indirect effects good for hair as well; it decreases PGD2, increases SHBG, causes testicular atrophy, inhibits 5ar, and makes negative feedback on HPG axis.
Yeah ive just read a article about how women have higher levels of treg cells during pregnancy because of the increase in estrogen. It all makes sense really as treg cells is what balding scalps lack.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sounds just like what I was describing as a small hard lump. For me it was also not directly behind nipple, near or on border of areola theyd appear. it was small and hard like a peanut sized rock.
if theres only 1 of them for now, you might only be in 1st stage I wrote.

Ok thanks. Im ok with being in stage one for now. I think I'll take some Raloxifene when I think Im heading to stage 4.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah ive just read a article about how women have higher levels of treg cells during pregnancy because of the increase in estrogen. It all makes sense really as treg cells is what balding scalps lack.
those have to do with immune system I think?
did you know, men actually have worse sickness when they get sick because testosterone supresses the immune system.

lack of T/ high E makes a stronger immune system. This could be bad though in the case someones immune system thinks to attack what it shouldn't. This is why auto-immune issues are more commonly found in women.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think this is true. When I was working out a lot years ago no one ever commented on my muscles but when I got sick and lost a bunch of weight people commented to ask me why I got so skinny. Also men just dont compliment each other on appearance. I dont think I ever have myself.
Girls will tell thier friends that they have a nice ***, but imagine if men complimented each others dicks at the urinal
But I definetely would if I saw a guy go from basically bald to a full head of hair.
Hahaha, yeah I'd hope
Thats funny you say that. I hope I dont sound pretentious but I consider myself an artist and I've always noticed the little changes that people go through.
its not pretentious lol, I'd consider myself as well.

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
those have to do with immune system I think?
did you know, men actually have worse sickness when they get sick because testosterone supresses the immune system.

lack of T/ high E makes a stronger immune system. This could be bad though in the case someones immune system thinks to attack what it shouldn't. This is why auto-immune issues are more commonly found in women.
Yes they have a role in regulating or surppressing other cells in the immune system.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn ; crazy result! speechless...
The crazy thing is that despite the oral minoxidil you don't have any dark circle or hypertrichosis???
SO the gyno keep getting worse after the 1 year mark or it stabilized?
I did a new mammography today and my lump are 1.5 cm in each nipples because of duta...