Finasteride Lost Effectiveness After 1 Week - Hyperandrogenicity?

bagrationi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Day 3 of Finasteride 1mg was nothing short of a miracle. After I showered, my hair was thicker and firmer than it had been in so many years, and I saw little hairs sprouting all over (see BEFORE photo). I couldn't believe it was my hair when I looked in the mirror and ran my hand through it, I was gleeful with excitement and I showed my brother who acknowledged the stellar results. Most importantly however, I had NO MORE ITCH and inflammation post-ejaculation after about 10 years- I thought I was saved. I was having a few side effects right off the bat (sexual dysfunction, mental cloudiness) but the hair results were astonishing.

A few days went by, and I stopped noticing the side effects. However, around day 6 the itch/burning came back after ejaculating (and more constantly). I looked at my hair on day 7 (see AFTER photo) and my hair was very thin again, with what seemed like small new bald areas. I am heartbroken. All the new growing hairs have mostly disappeared. I wonder how it's possible that I responded and then stopped responding to the drug so quickly, and concerned this is hyperandrogenicity. I've also noticed accelerated hair growth elsewhere on my body.

I have read that this probably means I am a poor responder to the drug and that my hair loss will accelerate, i.e. that I'm genetically programmed to compensate for the DHT changes with increased androgen receptor expression and sensitivity. It just feels so bad to have had it work a miracle in such short time, and then leave me cheated like this. I had such high hopes and was planning my life years down the line. Is this temporary? Do I stop propecia now before I face more consequences?

Attachments

• Day 7 (AFTER).jpg
    Day 7 (AFTER).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Day 3 (BEFORE).jpg
    Day 3 (BEFORE).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 380
  • Day 3 (BEFORE).jpg
    Day 3 (BEFORE).jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 231
  • Day 7 (AFTER).jpg
    Day 7 (AFTER).jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there is literally no difference, plus finasteride doesnt even show results until at least 3 month mark..

bagrationi

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is literally no difference, plus finasteride doesnt even show results until at least 3 month mark..
There is a huge difference in the thickness and firmness of my hair. I only had that for 3-4 days after starting finasteride, which was incredible. When I was styling it, it was so thick and lush I barely had to use the pigmented keratin powder to cover bald areas that I've been using for 5 years--it was a miracle. Now (day 10), my hair is back to pre-finasteride quality, thin and the new growing follicles have disappeared. The itch has also returned, but it is more constant rather than just post-ejaculation.

Last edited:

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a huge difference in the thickness and firmness of my hair. I only had that for 3-4 days after starting finasteride, which was incredible. When I was styling it, it was so thick and lush I barely had to use the pigmented keratin powder to cover bald areas that I've been using for 5 years--it was a miracle. Now (day 10), my hair is back to pre-finasteride quality, thin and the new growing follicles have disappeared. The itch has also returned, but it is more constant rather than just post-ejaculation.
because 5ar is a very important enzyme, it not only makes testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, but also converts progesterone into dihydroprogesterone in other metabolites, it is an antagonist of dihydrotestosterone. You inhibit 5ar with finasteride and because of this finasteride ceases to act

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
you need to inhibit testosterone and not 5par which gives you other metabolites.

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because 5ar is a very important enzyme, it not only makes testosterone into dihydrotestosterone, but also converts progesterone into dihydroprogesterone in other metabolites, it is an antagonist of dihydrotestosterone. You inhibit 5ar with finasteride and because of this finasteride ceases to act
I dont get what you are saying it doesnt make sense to me, are you saying dihydroprogesterone is an antagonist of dht? but why do you need antagonist if you are blocking dht at its source...

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "LifeIsSucks, post: 1827766, member: 142977"] Я не понимаю, что вы говорите, это не имеет смысла для меня, вы говорите, что дигидропрогестерон является антагонистом DHT? но зачем вам антагонист, если вы блокируете dht у его источника ... [/ QUOTE]
google finasteride progesterone, finasteride inhibits 5ap, and at the same time inhibits other very useful metabolites for hair, so there are no excellent results on finasteride. Only trans modes have excellent results.

Attachments

• 34A5EA82-7122-4F08-A01F-34FB5777A133.png
    34A5EA82-7122-4F08-A01F-34FB5777A133.png
    535.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 31EB3D40-42FB-4285-9C27-D28A48033C9D.png
    31EB3D40-42FB-4285-9C27-D28A48033C9D.png
    556 KB · Views: 218
  • 81CB7A54-848B-4E17-ADE6-907CB962A1A6.png
    81CB7A54-848B-4E17-ADE6-907CB962A1A6.png
    287.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 3948D8EC-F520-49F2-B569-8486420544C4.png
    3948D8EC-F520-49F2-B569-8486420544C4.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 202
  • 12EFEEF1-E6B9-49E6-B742-C994B9BAD910.png
    12EFEEF1-E6B9-49E6-B742-C994B9BAD910.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 217
  • 5667C6CE-89B1-440C-8B76-461BBD6CF453.png
    5667C6CE-89B1-440C-8B76-461BBD6CF453.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 214

Letsdoit

My Regimen
Reaction score

So if you take cypro and estradiol it's better to quit dutas?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn. Maybe you’re just a bad responder, but I say give it another two weeks. Finasteride results peak at the 24 day mark. There is still hope. Ride out the shed and see where you’re at in two weeks.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took CPA + estradiol, it yielded results. Hair growth went along the frontline, the anagen phase also lengthened in my hair. CPA inhibits testosterone in the testes by antagonizing the progesterone metabolite. There is more progestin and less testosterone. New information has been received that most of all testosterone and androstenedione 80% is produced by the adrenal glands and only 20% by the testes. So I took a break of 10 days to switch to another AA spironolactone which inhibits the synthesis of androgens in the adrenal glands.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "LifeIsSucks, post: 1827766, member: 142977"] Я не понимаю, что вы говорите, это не имеет смысла для меня, вы говорите, что дигидропрогестерон является антагонистом DHT? но зачем вам антагонист, если вы блокируете dht у его источника ... [/ QUOTE]
google finasteride progesterone, finasteride inhibits 5ap, and at the same time inhibits other very useful metabolites for hair, so there are no excellent results on finasteride. Only trans modes have excellent results.
So we must take tranny drugs to grow hair? No thanks, finastride it is.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
do not use dutasteride or finasteride. They inhibit 5ar. 5Ar is a very necessary enzyme. Inhibit testosterone and not 5ar.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
So we must take tranny drugs to grow hair? No thanks, finastride it is.
finasteride is also AA only, it inhibits the very important 5pA enzyme for the whole organism. Inhibit 5par and you won’t get other metabolites needed for hair.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride is also AA only, it inhibits the very important 5pA enzyme for the whole organism. Inhibit 5par and you won’t get other metabolites needed for hair.

So how do people maintain their hair on finastride for decades?

LifeIsSucks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride clearly works, not as well as tranny drugs obviously but if it was harmful for the hair there wouldn't be hundreds of studies proving it works