flimflams story - (26yrs old, thinning and recession - Pix)

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well, that's over three months now, so thought I'd write a bit.

Still no sides from the finasteride. Good.

My current regimen:

1mg finasteride (Propecia)
1000mg Apple Poly
Topical Apple Poly (bleh, it was a free sample :p)
Tricomin (daily)
Nizoral 1% and Revita

Here's how my hair looks now, 1/8", (Grade #1):

Side:
buzz1ni5.jpg

Top:
buzz2vr9.jpg

Check out the NW7 thinning on that! Nice! It looks worse here than it usually does tbh. Btw - my head is yellow on one side cos I'd just put the topical apple poly on it :D. I'm going to do just that side to see if it makes a difference.

Same hair, but here's what it looks like at Grade #4, disgusting! Actually it's so bad I think it's possible I might have had a finasteride shed .. hmm.. the pic below was taken 2 weeks before the pics above:

buzz3zi0.jpg

(just in case anyone was interested in the difference betwen lengths).

I am getting regrowth, definitely. Not enough to jump up an down about, or worth showing any pics yet so I won't.

Things ok, love the buzzed hair.

PEACE innit.

G

Aaaaw, piss off man! Your head shape is made for the buzz cut and you look awesome with it (said in a non-gay way). I wish I had your head shape.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks man, it looks better than I thought, quite relieved :)

is that you in your pic? you really suit it.

G

flimflam said:
thanks man, it looks better than I thought, quite relieved :)

is that you in your pic? you really suit it.

Yeah that's me. Everyone here has said that I look good with it and no one hasn't told me otherwise in the real world either...My brother-in-law said I look like Freddie Ljungberg lol. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like it that much.

Sean68

Reaction score
anything from the apple poly yet bud? i know its a bit early for proper results but do you feel you know...healthier? they make some pretty
bold claims in the leaflet but i cant say i feel any better for it.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sean68 said:
anything from the apple poly yet bud? i know its a bit early for proper results but do you feel you know...healthier? they make some pretty
bold claims in the leaflet but i cant say i feel any better for it.

well. nothing as yet, certainly don't feel any healthier. maybe i should cut back on the heroin :/

but yeah it's less than a month so too early i suppose.

btw - am definitely 100% seeing regrowth in the temple in which i'm applying the topical (only doing one side) but I'm hesitant to attribute this to ApplePoly after such a short time.

Sean68

Reaction score
:) yeah all the smacks bound to cancel it out. i think it might be the applepoly you know if its just that temple. if you add it to the other one
and get the same results then you should know.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DammitLetMeIn said:
How much weight did you lose initially in your original post?

Were you dieting hard?

Yeah a sh*t load, and yes I was dieting mega-hard. Pretty stupid really, heh, but the weight has stayed off for a year now.

I was just over 15 stone (around 215lbs) and went down to 12.5 stone (175lbs) in about 2 months.

Before, I found it so so sooo hard to lose weight; believe me I tried everything.. healthy diet with cardio exercise every day for 4 months and i lost about 2 lbs lol.

So, I devised a regime where I ate about 800 calories or less a day and the flab dropped off!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sean68 said:
:) yeah all the smacks bound to cancel it out. i think it might be the applepoly you know if its just that temple. if you add it to the other one
and get the same results then you should know.

i know but it's so verrry moreish :D

re: the apples; yeah defo, thats the plan. The temple it's going on is quite a bit worse than the other so if I can balance them out, I'll start plastering it on the other and if that works... hallelujah we'll all be rubbing granny smiths into our poor scalps.

I've just bought some of this Spectral.RS stuff which also contains procyanidin C2/B2 (and chillies i think??, burns like a bastard!).

Sean68

Reaction score
i know spectral dnc burns like a bugger as well. i had the misfortune to
have a wank not long after applying it once - :freaked2: never again!

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
To be quite honest you have got fairly bad diffuse loss when your hair is medium length(on the last set of pics) but buzzed down it looks really good. What setting did you buzz it down to?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's nasty. actually, it looks slightly worse than it is because the hair on top is very straight and pointing directly at the camera, so the scalp is slightly more exposed.

but yeah, it is pretty disgusting :)

the "medium" length is Grade #4, which is 12mm or 0.5 inches.

the buzzed down length is Grade #1, which is 3mm or 1/8 of an inch.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
your hair looks good with the medium length.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is that irritation on your scalp or red moles?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Matgallis said:
Is that irritation on your scalp or red moles?

who the hell has red moles? lol

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with two red moles that are right on his scalp and boy is it disgusting. they are right next to each other, looks like dracula missed his neck.