Follica (first Time Ever Picture) - Exciting

jjamerson

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not impressed. But could be something that we add to the typical regimen. It would be nice to see something work as good, if not better than minoxidil after all these years. But I have my doubts.

And yes, I agree with the general consensus. For a company focusing on hair regeneration, you think they’d have way better and more professional photos. These definitely look like they’re trying hard to make the results better than what they are.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so small depth but alot of needles?

Seems that way

Not impressed. But could be something that we add to the typical regimen. It would be nice to see something work as good, if not better than minoxidil after all these years. But I have my doubts.

And yes, I agree with the general consensus. For a company focusing on hair regeneration, you think they’d have way better and more professional photos. These definitely look like they’re trying hard to make the results better than what they are.

"We want pictures!"

*Pictures

"Pictures don't mean sh*t, we need data!"

*Data, including a fairly high-res trichogram showing considerable improvement after a single session

"Not impressed".

I really can't wait until Tsuji's tests are done next year. We'll probably see a guy back to NW1 and forum users will be "not impressed" and find some reason as to why it's "disappointing" or whatever.

vika

Reaction score
Makes you wonder if nanoneedling is more appropriate for our purposes than microneedling. Nanoneedling devices contain dozens of needle-like projections at a depth of about 0.15mm.

I was thinking the same. Either the 36 pins, 42 pins or the nanoneedles. I dont see what else they could be using. I tried googling after different cathridges and these are the only ones i found beside the the 12 pins most people seem to use.
The depth wasnt mentioned in the pdf im not mistaken?

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems that way

"We want pictures!"

*Pictures

*Data, including a fairly high-res trichogram showing considerable improvement after a single session

"Not impressed".

I really can't wait until Tsuji's tests are done next year. We'll probably see a guy back to NW1 and forum users will be "not impressed" and find some reason as to why it's "disappointing" or whatever.

You have to keep in mind whom you're conversing with - high NWs desperate for a NW6-to-NW0 full-blown cure. They believed the finasteride horror stories so all their hair fell out, and now they live under a baseball cap 24/7 (some of them don't leave their houses). It's pure neurosis. I feel sorry for them, but I thank God for Follica.

Undertaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems that way

"We want pictures!"

*Pictures

"Not impressed".

Off topic but is tsuji really realising trial results next year?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems that way

"We want pictures!"

*Pictures

"Not impressed".

Not looking natural
Too expensive
Fake
Wrong angle
Different people etc
Brace yourselves for the same sh*t for Tsuji

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol So true. It does show that they have done some testing though, and that the right Wnt agonist does amplify growth. It's going to be forever before this is incorporated into their treatment, but that doesn't stop us from experimenting with it now.

Are you guys blind.

Firstly It does not say minoxidil. There are two bullet points. Minoxidil is not likely to be both a small molecule (first bullet) AND options identified (second bullet).

And there’s a dense as f*** patch of hair growing.

AND there’s a dense as f*** patch of hair growing.

Oh and in case you’re just not paying attention “there’s a picture called control with a dense as f*** patch of hair growing”...

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys blind.

Firstly It does not say minoxidil. There are two bullet points. Minoxidil is not likely to be both a small molecule (first bullet) AND options identified (second bullet).

Oh and in case you’re just not paying attention “there’s a picture called control with a dense as f*** patch of hair growing”...
At the minimum, minoxidil will be the maintenance drug. Sucks cause I'm allergic.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you guys blind.

Control means the variable you are controlling against. IF you're testing a compound on mice, You would have at least two mice, one on which you are applying the compound, and the other on which you are applying NOTHING, or just the vehicle. Otherwise you cannot be sure if the effect you're observing would've happened even without your test compound. In this case that patch of hair growing on the control group means that NOTHING caused it, i.e. it's growing on its own, not as a result of whatever Follica is testing.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Control means the variable you are controlling against. IF you're testing a compound on mice, You would have at least two mice, one on which you are applying the compound, and the other on which you are applying NOTHING, or just the vehicle. Otherwise you cannot be sure if the effect you're observing would've happened even without your test compound. In this case that patch of hair growing on the control group means that NOTHING caused it, i.e. it's growing on its own, not as a result of whatever Follica is testing.
f*** off it means NOTHING grew that patch surrounded by baldness.

SOMETHING did grow that hair and Follica wouldn’t be talking about it if they didn’t know.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** off it means NOTHING grew that patch surrounded by baldness.

SOMETHING did grow that hair and Follica wouldn’t be talking about it if they didn’t know.
Kiwi, buddy, @whatevr is right in this one. He is correctly defining what a "control" is. It is a standard and universally applied term in science regarding tests and experimental treatments.
Please, let's discuss this thing rationally and respectfully. This debate is full of emotionally driven blabbing from both parts (supporters and skeptics), to the point of insulting someone that is just properly explaining the meaning of a term.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kiwi, buddy, @whatevr is right in this one. He is correctly defining what a "control" is. It is a standard and universally applied term in science regarding tests and experimental treatments.
Please, let's discuss this thing rationally and respectfully. This debate is full of emotionally driven blabbing from both parts (supporters and skeptics), to the point of insulting someone that is just properly explaining the meaning of a term.

I was swearing for emphasis. Not meant as an insult.

Even in a controlled scientific experiment hair does not grow back in clusters because of NOTHING.

Male pattern baldness does not work like that.

So I am proposing it was SOMETHING and that Folica know damned well what that something is.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But, alscarmuzza user posted the follica annual report that clearly indicates wnt /b signaling patway to stimulate hair growth.
So, because minoxidil doesnt work that way, even if minoxidil is involved, i dont understand why you dont rely on science and on this new channel, since you dont want to go to the hormonal route (including me).

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea that something is minoxidil.

Probably, but so what? What else do you know of that is confirmed to grow new human hair?

Their previous materials showed an application of two different chemicals post-treatment with a specific post-treatment frequency of each. They also seem to use a consistent and specific depth that's just enough to penetrate the upper-layer of skin, and the more needles closer together the better.

So it's obvious that at all steps of the process, they do know more about how to maximize this than probably what they even let on in these documents.

Hair loss cure 2020 is.....minoxidil! Yes! Minoxidil is on fire lately!

But is it as on fire as your a**h** probably is at present from shoving whatever it is you degenerates hide up there in the absence of an available penis?

You should stop dissing this, you know — if you get it done, maybe those gay men you're always lusting after will finally want something to do with you, since as per your own admission, they don't.

But I doubt it.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Probably, but so what? What else do you know of that is confirmed to grow new human hair?

Their previous materials showed an application of two different chemicals post-treatment with a specific post-treatment frequency of each. They also seem to use a consistent and specific depth that's just enough to penetrate the upper-layer of skin, and the more needles closer together the better.

So it's obvious that at all steps of the process, they do know more about how to maximize this than probably what they even let on in these documents.

But is it as on fire as your a**h** probably is at present from shoving whatever it is you degenerates hide up there in the absence of an available penis?

You should stop dissing this, you know — if you get it done, maybe those gay men you're always lusting after will finally want something to do with you, since as per your own admission, they don't.

But I doubt it.
Thanks for the gay comments. Nice of you ..I'm riffed that its minoxidil because I am allergic to it Pretty sure you would be as well if you could not tolerate finasteride or minoxidil.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Two months ago: You're retarded, there's no way it's minoxidil.
Now: So what if it's minoxidil, minoxidil works!

:D

I'd say this is brotzu all over again, but at least Follica isn't a scam.

Nsas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone know the frequency of microneedling in their protocol?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
does anyone know the frequency of microneedling in their protocol?

They only did it once in their studies.

Two months ago: You're retarded, there's no way it's minoxidil.
Now: So what if it's minoxidil, minoxidil works!

Misquotes, but that's par for the course around here.

Don't know about others, but you can go back and find where I said all of this before.