Follica - Good News!

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
If 5000$ is the cost to stop this hair loss nightmare then i'm in. I don't have the money because i live in poor country. But will give my best to keep my hair until i don't get 40

Moomin

Reaction score
I've been away from this board for a while on account of it falling mostly silent, nevertheless even in its tacit state it still remains more informative than the mostly guff spouting Hair Site.

Anyway i've been having ago with my experiments involving wounding and wnt signalling via lithium chloride. No success to report yet (early days right).

I think, however, i might have stumbled across the reason as to why Follica require a synthetic EGFR inhibitor and why natural ones would not work based on the supposition that Follica intend on applying the medication topically.

The reason being that only synthetic EGFR inhibitors like the ones mentioned in the patent have a low enough molecular weight to be transmitted through the skin by a carrier such as DMSO or alcohol. Naturally occuring EGFR inhibitors have a high molecular weight and so would not be carried through the skin. To summarise, in my opinion, natural EGFR inhibitors unless injected into the scalp will have no affect on EDIHN, so for you topicallybased experimenters (if there are any left) it appears that synthetic EGFR-I are the only way to go.

If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha, don't give up on us; maybe the older members have all gone away after getting their hair back/getting their hopes dashed, but seems that this site's always getting new blood.

Yah I've been wondering about the homegrown dermabrasion experiments myself, haven't heard much from that Baccy guy. Keep us posted on your progress? :3

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing new in the article, but it shows that they are moving slow. But I guess they have a reason for that, many variables need to go perfect, but the result could be a real breakthrough in treating hair loss. People need to know that they are doing science, not just bringing 100 bald men into Harvard and treating them like guinea pigs. I guess they have the online experimenters for that :)

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rumors about its going bankrob... (you can check thier site, they have changed the staff.. diffrent and much smaller one :( )

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Rumors about its going bankrob... (you can check thier site, they have changed the staff.. diffrent and much smaller one :( )

Link to your rumors? God I'd hate to see that happen

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is nothing solid i can link to (if i could i wouldnt call it rumors), i truely wish its only rumors and nothing more, but again, they havnet published anything for long time now (although it doesnt mean anything, they could just keep following the silence policy, it doenst feel good...espicaly at the currnet aconomy state and all thier "friends" going down like flies :( lets hope its all only rumors and everything is going fine over their labs...)

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Where have you heard this rumor?

To be honest, another rumor is that Proctor and Gamble are hidden in the investors and we all know they have cash. I believe Mr. Barry was the one that pointed that out. Rumors are all around the net, and hair loss forums are no exceptions. Research takes time and IF the research show what the investors want, they will invest.

Anyhow, NO new product with a FDA approval will be released in the next two years, so why stress? Follica will probably not release much info because it's a big possibility that their procedure is really simple, one just need the right ingredient like WNT.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
On here some people mentioned it here and there, also here you can read what some people say
xconomy forum
again im not sauing it is true by any chance! but just worries some "/

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Follica is connected to Harvard medical school, right? Harvard is like $20 billion away from being bankrupt.

sundayhd

Reaction score
"when she said that final data from the study would not be available for at least a year. “Everything is progressing on track,â€￾ she now says. “We are moving as quickly as possible within the constraints of clinically driven medicine.â€￾"

evrything is fine with follica :)

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
sundayhd said:
"when she said that final data from the study would not be available for at least a year. “Everything is progressing on track,â€￾ she now says. “We are moving as quickly as possible within the constraints of clinically driven medicine.â€￾"

that's good news. Can you post the source?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only "cure" for baldness will be gene therapy. Otherwise, you're messing with hormones that your body needs. Baldness will not be cured in our lifetimes, unless anyone here considers a wig a cure.

sundayhd

Reaction score
Nighthair said:
sundayhd said:

that's good news. Can you post the source?

the same source that Smooth used..

xconomy forum

http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2008/08/1 ... -approach/

sundayhd

Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
The only "cure" for baldness will be gene therapy. Otherwise, you're messing with hormones that your body needs. Baldness will not be cured in our lifetimes, unless anyone here considers a wig a cure.

Wig will never be a "cure" for hairloss..

I'm sure they will find something in 6 years (2015).

Delaluz

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind trying a home experiment using the techniques and lotions thought to be used in their treatment. Im a Norwood 2, so I would select a small space near the temple.

I just need to know where I can buy the lotions required for this.

I will provide pictures to show experiment even if this doesn't work.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
Delaluz said:
I wouldn't mind trying a home experiment using the techniques and lotions thought to be used in their treatment. Im a Norwood 2, so I would select a small space near the temple.

I just need to know where I can buy the lotions required for this.

I will provide pictures to show experiment even if this doesn't work.

someone is doing this, his name is baccy i think. look up baccy follica on google or something. Although he never did show any significant follow up.