Follica - New Patent Published 2017 - Needling Device And Drug Applicator

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i know im headed for nw7 lol.

but i dont expect to get there for another 10 years or so when im in my 40s. pretty regular hair loss since 17/18

i can only hope ill be saved before i get there with this new tech stuff

i agree with eveything you say about hair transplants. its bullshit
How fast have you burned through the norwoods?

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
How fast have you burned through the norwoods?

from 18 to 30 i am nw4ish. with nw7 retrograde now showing

like you i will hold off the hair transplants until i know this new sh*t will help me. i dont even care if i have to wait a further 10 years for the prices to drop, ill go ahead and book my hair transplant now

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
from 18 to 30 i am nw4ish. with nw7 retrograde now showing

like you i will hold off the hair transplants until i know this new sh*t will help me. i dont even care if i have to wait a further 10 years for the prices to drop, ill go ahead and book my hair transplant now
So you went from no hairloss to a Norwood 4 quickly then held a Norwood 4 since 18?

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's where our opinions differ. The first picture you posted of the bald guy with 3900 grafts does not look natural at all. Even to the untrained eye it looks like something's going on there. As soon as he steps into daylight that transplants completely seethrough, me personally, I'd rather shave my head then be known as the guy that has an unnatural looking hair transplant. Also that other picture you posted is the top 1% results, I've seen those before i think that guy if I'm not mistaken was interviewed by the media for how natural his looked. The whole "wait a few years" doesn't really apply if you've had stable hairloss or 5+ years without any advancement.

He's only top 1% because he had the balls to stuff 8k grafts in there, docs like Hasson (aka top 5 in the world) produce quality results like that all the time in terms of yields and hair health. He still has 4k FUE grafts left, more then enough to fill in the sides/back if they fall off a bit and once replicel further confirms the initial efficacy findings and is on the market that point is no longer relevant. I get that it feels good to imagine the worst case scenario and how he'll suffer but he could just as easily look great for the rest of his life considering how much f*****g hair is up there now and the treatments on the horizon. I wouldn't take the risks he has but it's fascinating to watch someone else go there, lol.

Those 3900 pics are taken under this lighting setup, there's no low light fuckery going on and we can't forget that it's only 3900 on a NW5. Also those are 10 month post op pics, the hair will mature/normalize over time. He needs to grow out the sides a lil' bit and get a blended cut and get rid of the grey and it'll look great, especially compared to that disaster he had going on before. Totally 100% un-fuckable in his before state.

attachment.jpg

You can just look at that guys pics and just cringe at what he'll look like at 45 with that diffused Norwood 6 pattern. Look around at men in their 50s and 60s VERY rarely do you see Norwood 1s. I can't help but imagine what all these 20/30 year olds will look like when they're in their 50s.... many suicides.

First of all that isn't a NW6, go refer to the Norwood chart bro, 2nd of all he's got an insane amount of hair up top, he ain't going bald up there in this life, his sides/crown could expand but he's got 4k grafts in the bank and they've had 10 years to do it. He did a 660 graft one recently to bring himself up to a legit NW1, personally I wouldn't have done it but it's his head.

I'm looking at guys like Jon Hamm and Clooney in "O Brother where art thou" for my ideal hairline inspiration and I'm a 28 y/o NW3, lmao. Distinguished solid mid-40 year old hairlines ftw, I don't want a NW1 when I'm in my 60's and beyond but a Norwood 2-ish like those guys I'm totally okay with in fact I think it looks better, more distinguished and mature.

By then I'm confident everyone will be able to design/engineer their hair to whatever they want it to be but you never know so it's best to play it safe. I think actually a lot of guys will choose that kind of hairline even when there's unlimited grafts available courtesy Tsuji.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you went from no hairloss to a Norwood 4 quickly then held a Norwood 4 since 18?

no i have been slowly balding since 16/17 (noticeable loss of density by 18 but still nw1) and have continued to bald at the same rate throughout the years

now im nw4ish at 30. if i keep losing my hair at the same rate i have been for the last 13 years or so i expect to be a complete cueball by 45 or something.

this is why i was confused by your statement saying how balding can stop and start again. i dont dispute it, i havent really looked into it. i just havent read this anywhere on any of the forums i go to. i thought guys lost their hair at the same rate. whether its slow or aggressive

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys, regarding Follica do you know if there would be any hope for people who don't respond to minoxidil?

I believe it will work on a much higher percentage of patients than minoxidil. I believe it will benefit almost all patients with Androgenetic Alopecia.

Last edited:

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
no i have been slowly balding since 16/17 (noticeable loss of density by 18 but still nw1) and have continued to bald at the same rate throughout the years

now im nw4ish at 30. if i keep losing my hair at the same rate i have been for the last 13 years or so i expect to be a complete cueball by 45 or something.

this is why i was confused by your statement saying how balding can stop and start again. i dont dispute it, i havent really looked into it. i just havent read this anywhere on any of the forums i go to. i thought guys lost their hair at the same rate. whether its slow or aggressive
I hear ya man. Ya it can slow/spot then be aggressive for a few years, then slow/stop. Or it can be steady loss, or rapid loss (ppl that burn through norwoods in 5 years)

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it will work on a much higher percentage of patients than minoxidil. You have to understand that minoxidil (for hair loss) was was stumbled on by accident whereas Follica is a deliberate effort to find exactly how to:

1. Wound skin to cause an influx of stem cells that create hair follicles.

2. Apply the exact right amount of the exact right chemicals at the exact right time.
İf they delay it once more we can clearly take Shiseido instead of Follica and maybe Tsuji too. Don't get it why they always have to delay this AFTER 10 YEARS..

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hear ya man. Ya it can slow/spot then be aggressive for a few years, then slow/stop. Or it can be steady loss, or rapid loss (ppl that burn through norwoods in 5 years)

what i am debating now is whether to bite the bullet and go ahead with a hair transplant now. gambling on whether this new tech will be out and successful with in 10 years or so

like i said, if my hair loss progresses at the same rate it has all my life i dont expect to reach nw7 until well in my 40s. so a hair transplant or 2 now could well serve me throughout my 30s

but this is all dependent on whether this new tech arrives. because if it doesnt then i am fucked. like you, i would rather just buzz my hair then have some bullshit looking hair transplant hair in my older years.

a hair transplant would look good for me now because i have plenty of hair still to achieve good density. but it wont look good when i am older and have thinned out into my nw7 pattern.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's only top 1% because he had the balls to stuff 8k grafts in there, docs like Hasson (aka top 5 in the world) produce quality results like that all the time in terms of yields and hair health. He still has 4k FUE grafts left, more then enough to fill in the sides/back if they fall off a bit and once replicel further confirms the initial efficacy findings and is on the market that point is no longer relevant. I get that it feels good to imagine the worst case scenario and how he'll suffer but he could just as easily look great for the rest of his life considering how much f*****g hair is up there now and the treatments on the horizon. I wouldn't take the risks he has but it's fascinating to watch someone else go there, lol.

Those 3900 pics are taken under this lighting setup, there's no low light fuckery going on and we can't forget that it's only 3900 on a NW5. Also those are 10 month post op pics, the hair will mature/normalize over time. He needs to grow out the sides a lil' bit and get a blended cut and get rid of the grey and it'll look great, especially compared to that disaster he had going on before. Totally 100% un-fuckable in his before state.

View attachment 60280

First of all that isn't a NW6, go refer to the Norwood chart bro, 2nd of all he's got an insane amount of hair up top, he ain't going bald up there in this life, his sides/crown could expand but he's got 4k grafts in the bank and they've had 10 years to do it. He did a 660 graft one recently to bring himself up to a legit NW1, personally I wouldn't have done it but it's his head.

I'm looking at guys like Jon Hamm and Clooney in "O Brother where art thou" for my ideal hairline inspiration and I'm a 28 y/o NW3, lmao. Distinguished solid mid-40 year old hairlines ftw, I don't want a NW1 when I'm in my 60's and beyond but a Norwood 2-ish like those guys I'm totally okay with in fact I think it looks better, more distinguished and mature.

By then I'm confident everyone will be able to design/engineer their hair to whatever they want it to be but you never know so it's best to play it safe. I think actually a lot of guys will choose that kind of hairline even when there's unlimited grafts available courtesy Tsuji.
I'm pretty sure I said on the way to Norwood 6, I didn't even check before writing this though. I can guarantee u won't find a before after Norwood 5+ in direct sunlight. I don't care what doctors say or post online, they're business men. You only have around 8k good safe grafts if you're lucky. It doesn't matter if you're a top 5 Doctor or Joe Shmoe, coverage is coverage, you can be completely artistic with the hairline, but math is math. There aren't enough grafts Norwood 5+ to look natural. I wish there was a way trust me I've almost pulled the trigger 3 times but I spent HOURS researching, meeting people, the good the bad the ugly. In my opinion, it's not worth it, but that's for me personally. How quickly did u go from a nw1 to nw3?

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
İf they delay it once more we can clearly take Shiseido instead of Follica and maybe Tsuji too. Don't get it why they always have to delay this AFTER 10 YEARS..

Unpopular opinion: They're delaying because they don't have it. I feel like follica is a dark horse and replicel is the one to hang your hat on at this point. Tsuji is very impressive but it's still pretty early days of the total timeline (end result being the treatment is available at the say, top 20-30 hair transplant clinics worldwide and is proven).

what i am debating now is whether to bite the bullet and go ahead with a hair transplant now. gambling on whether this new tech will be out and successful with in 10 years or so

like i said, if my hair loss progresses at the same rate it has all my life i dont expect to reach nw7 until well in my 40s. so a hair transplant or 2 now could well serve me throughout my 30s

but this is all dependent on whether this new tech arrives. because if it doesnt then i am fucked. like you, i would rather just buzz my hair then have some bullshit looking hair transplant hair in my older years.

a hair transplant would look good for me now because i have plenty of hair still to achieve good density. but it wont look good when i am older and have thinned out into my nw7 pattern.

Don't get a hair transplant right now. If you could handle finasteride and it stabilized your loss then maybe, even then I'd say hold off to see what replicel does because for you the #1 most important thing is reliably halting native loss. Also a bit of retrograde on it's own isn't a NW7 death sentence, like I said before that severe a loss pattern is rare. Sounds like you'll end up a NW5 going on 6 though.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Exactly. The future is the problem. Don't be the dad at your kids high school football game looking like a chia pet, you'll still care at 40. But also if you get it done then decide to bic it you can try treating the scars like joe rogan. He had a hair transplant then said f*** it and shaved later.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: They're delaying because they don't have it. I feel like follica is a dark horse and replicel is the one to hang your hat on at this point. Tsuji is very impressive but it's still pretty early days of the total timeline (end result being the treatment is available at the say, top 20-30 hair transplant clinics worldwide and is proven).

Don't get a hair transplant right now. If you could handle finasteride and it stabilized your loss then maybe, even then I'd say hold off to see what replicel does because for you the #1 most important thing is reliably halting native loss. Also a bit of retrograde on it's own isn't a NW7 death sentence, like I said before that severe a loss pattern is rare. Sounds like you'll end up a NW5 going on 6 though.

lol this is me

hair picc.png

im gonna be a nw7 alright. no doubt about it

im tried finasteride with good growth but bad sides. so im pinning all my hopes on these guys helping me out in the next 5/10 years

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've thought about doing a hair transplant with a plan of packing the front 2/3 and letting the crown be bald later in life. This is the only viable option.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've thought about doing a hair transplant with a plan of packing the front 2/3 and letting the crown be bald later in life. This is the only viable option.

this is my plan now. my crown and mid section can hold off for another 10 ten years. i need my front third sorted now.

but if this new tech hasnt arrived, i wont be going around with some bald patch, semi combover bullshit. i will buzzing it. problem with this is the f*****g thick roots you have now spread across your scalp. this is why hair transplants are bullshit.

anyway i dont wana derail the thread about follica.

i just hope this stuff is the real deal and will hit the market soon

gimmiehairorgimmiedeath

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I said on the way to Norwood 6, I didn't even check before writing this though. I can guarantee u won't find a before after Norwood 5+ in direct sunlight. I don't care what doctors say or post online, they're business men. You only have around 8k good safe grafts if you're lucky. It doesn't matter if you're a top 5 Doctor or Joe Shmoe, coverage is coverage, you can be completely artistic with the hairline, but math is math. There aren't enough grafts Norwood 5+ to look natural. I wish there was a way trust me I've almost pulled the trigger 3 times but I spent HOURS researching, meeting people, the good the bad the ugly. In my opinion, it's not worth it, but that's for me personally. How quickly did u go from a nw1 to nw3?

Well I've always had a high hairline even when it was juvenile, went to NW3 between 20-21 and 26 (although it was slowing down a lot at the end) and crown/back of midscalp thinned out along with it, hopped on finasteride and stabilized ever since, thickened up a little bit actually. Been told by multiple top docs that I have excellent hair characteristics and quantity in my donor though, so I got that going for me which is nice. Following family loss patterns and none of them are even close to Norwood 6/7, they are like 4V in their mid 60's.

Nah you said "Norwood 6 pattern", which it isn't. If his sides and crown were much wider then that would be accurate. I've seen them in direct sunlight, yeah you can sort of see scalp with 3-4500 graft numbers from directly above but the guy's look 1000x better then before, this all or nothing attitude is pretty retarded, hair transplant are about a cosmetic improvement and if you really believe that that 3900 example I posted looked better before then you're bat sh*t crazy or just extremely pessimistic and dejected, a bit of thinness in 40-something guys is perfectly natural, no one is expecting a flawless head of hair at that age. But most guys look f*****g awful shaved bald or w/ a tight buzz, I'm jealous of the ones who can pull it off but they are few in number and I'm not one of them, I need hair.

Hopefully replicel takes care of the issue of native loss, we'll get a much better idea next year.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my plan now. my crown and mid section can hold off for another 10 ten years. i need my front third sorted now.

but if this new tech hasnt arrived, i wont be going around with some bald patch, semi combover bullshit. i will buzzing it. problem with this is the f*****g thick roots you have now spread across your scalp. this is why hair transplants are bullshit.

anyway i dont wana derail the thread about follica.

i just hope this stuff is the real deal and will hit the market soon
This thread is going to turn into a bunch of circle jerkers with no real info, until the actual info comes out publically, don't worry about it.

Carry on with the speculation about follica yall