FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
In fairness hair forever makes a very valid point :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hairforever said:
That's not Football. Football is what you guys call 'Succer'!

Funny, isn't it, that "soccer" is a word originally coined by the English? Why don't you guys still use it? :)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i'll just leave this here :whistle: :whistle:
3849.jpg

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Foot + Ball.

In U.S.ian Football you use your hands. So what name is that for a sport where you can't kick the ball with your feet? It should be called handball.

Cassin

Reaction score
vauxall said:
Foot + Ball.

In U.S.ian Football you use your hands. So what name is that for a sport where you can't kick the ball with your feet? It should be called handball.

I cant stand it when people on either side of this ridiculous argument clearly have so little understanding of the various sport their complaining about.

3024054350_5cfb18732b.jpg

83600249.jpg

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Personally, I always find it amusing how people in the U.K. constantly mock and ridicule American Football... but then when it gets to Superbowl weekend, the British media suddenly jumps on the NFL bandwagon trying to pretend they actually understand the rules and people who no nothing about the sport start name dropping " Peyton Manning... Reggie Bush... etc" as if they actually know who these guys are and what they're good at. Bizzare!

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I am American. In my mind, when I picture American football, I see strength and masculinity as displayed below of real men displaying their ridiculous athleticism and strength while playing in the snow. Meanwhile, when I picture a European soccer player, I basically envision that the images below of soccer games happen hundreds of times per game:

com_090103nfl_CDDRecap_BUF_IND.jpg

soccer-players-kissing.jpg

gay_soccer_players.jpg

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
This post above is just about how ignorant you clowns sound when you critique American football without knowing nothing about it.

HughJass

Reaction score
What does it matter? At the end of the day sport, no matter what the game, is just a bunch of troglodytes running around on a field bumping into each other*

And spare me the endless analysis from all the washed up boofheads who found themselves a broadcasting 'career' after they finished their sports 'career', not to mention the coaches and managers who try and convince me they're not as dumb as they are by turning the 'what went wrong on the weekend' analysis into some kind of serious school of philosophy which apparently warrants the prime time television slot it gobbles up each week.

*except soccer

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL, how many posts is this gonna get...
Seriously, save yourselves guys...most circular argument in the world

P.S. Soccer (football) FTW...

Hairforever

Established Member
Reaction score
We gave the yanks Beckham, ersatz football. Pele, Beckembauer, Best.... they all tried to educate you Americans in what real football was about. And you came up with John Harkes and Landon Donovan. And Diana Ross who misses a penalty kick from two yards in the 86 World Cup opening ceremony. Jesus Wept. Still. we gave you a gift courtesy of Rob Green.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
I am American. In my mind, when I picture American football, I see strength and masculinity as displayed below of real men displaying their ridiculous athleticism and strength while playing in the snow. Meanwhile, when I picture a European soccer player, I basically envision that the images below of soccer games happen hundreds of times per game:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The images you have drawn attention to (of footballers embracing and supposedly kissing) are obviously isolated incidents...well kissing is, nothing wrong with embracing a team mate after a goal.

However, if you want to see proper hard core egg chasing, not NFL, you might find rugby quite exciting. They don't need to wear any protective gear there other than a gum shield. They're real hard men. :punk:

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
However you see it, american football is boring. The tv commercials broadcasted during an amarican football match are much more interesting. And by the way american football is responisble for your hair loss.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Primo said:
Personally, I always find it amusing how people in the U.K. constantly mock and ridicule American Football... but then when it gets to Superbowl weekend, the British media suddenly jumps on the NFL bandwagon trying to pretend they actually understand the rules and people who no nothing about the sport start name dropping " Peyton Manning... Reggie Bush... etc" as if they actually know who these guys are and what they're good at. Bizzare!

How about those Yankies! :whistle:

I know nothing of American Football, and I should have known better than to click a thread called 'Football' on HairLossTalk.com and think it was actually about Football, of the English variety.

Rat and blast.