FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Cowboys are good now that Garrett is running the real plays that he used to hide from Wade Phillips!!! :)

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
It is such a pleasure to watch Tom Brady play.

He really is a special player.

I went to a game earlier in the year where he was walking off the field late in the game in the 4th and likely wouldn't return, and as he was walking towards the sideline, every stood up at around the same time and gave him a standing ovation. He hadn't even played particularly great that day, but it was just a signal of appreciation, and it was pretty damn cool. It was as if to say "We know QBs like you don't come around very often, so here's to you and how awesome it is having you here."

I have a feeling when Belichick and Brady are long gone years from now, we'll look back on this era and really miss it. Every single game, every Pats fan knows that we have a chance (high chance) of winning the game becasue we have the best QB and best coach around.

The Gardener

Reaction score
He's my fantasy league QB this year, I slightly overpaid for him, but hot damn am I glad I did. Especially after this past weekend. Worth every f*cking penny.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Great night of sports watching!

First, I have Vick/Schaub/Andre Johnson all on my fantasy team and need to win to secure a playoff spot, so that'll be hugely entertaining.

And of course, watching Lebron going into a Lion's den in Cleveland.

Best we can hope for is that everyone wears one of these:

300.jpg

The Gardener

Reaction score
Vick... nice pickup there, you must be stoked to have landed him.

My team got hit with the injury bug this season and sucked. I have Pierre Thomas, Jahvid Best, and Deshawn Jackson. Started out with a BANG, absolutely DESTROYED my opponents the first three weeks, but suffered after that. My RB scoring, or lack thereof, has killed me. I even picked up Brandon Jackson on GB, thought he would save me, but he's just not getting as much workload as I was hoping for.

As for LeBron, it would be AWESOME if the Cavs can take Miami down. That would be sweet justice. But I'm thinking that LeBron is probably going to tear it up tonight. It will be a telling matchup, will LeBron let the crowd get to him, or will he use the attention as motivation?

Cassin

Reaction score
As someone who knows a lot about the cowboys ( who overall has had the best qb's as a franchise) and loved Montana I agree. Brady is the casting mold for greatness. Not unarguably the best but arguably the best.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
As someone who knows a lot about the cowboys ( who overall has had the best qb's as a franchise) and loved Montana I agree. Brady is the casting mold for greatness. Not unarguably the best but arguably the best.

Well put. I think it's either him, or Montana. And I know we forget so quickly how great some of these other guys were, but Brady is phenomenal. Chris Carter and Tom Jackson (I think those were the two) picked against the Pats last night because the Jets "have the better team", and I remember thinking, "how do you figure that - the Pats have Brady". I know it's only one position, but let's be honest, it's the most critical position by far, and he's the best. As long as he's under center, the Pats will always be a contender for the Super Bowl.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't want to get ahead of myself, Cassin...but I have to agree. Playing the playoffs at home (most likely) and Tom Brady in this kind of groove with the team is going to be tough for anyone to beat.

I am now at the point where I think he may surpass Larry Bird as the best Boston athlete ever (in my humble opinion).

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
No offense taken - I agree. Everyone here loves him, but I still think he's underrated, in a way.

My goodness, can you imagine how worshiped he'd be if he was a Cowboy?

Cassin

Reaction score
If he was a cowboy, redskin or packer he would sell double the jersey's. I hope an unbiased book is written about him when he retires. I would love to read it. He's everything that makes an athlete greatness.

EasyEd

Established Member
Reaction score
One of my personal favorite Brady videos - listen in at the 9 second mark - NSFW!

[youtube:3uhkvkr7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C6XjUrfGww[/youtube:3uhkvkr7]