Ginger-uk's Story - (26 and now shaved off!)

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: ginger-uk - (26 and now Shaved Off!)

Oh I care, but what you see is what you get now and thats more how I am as a person. Secret brushing is not something I was proud of.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i mean of course we care about it thats why we are here, what I was saying is not to over stress about it.

GL!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks like the shed is happening...

1 month in

image152bh7.jpg

nearly 2 months in

image180ea0.jpg

Its all a bit disheartening, but I am just hoping this is part of a new growth cycle... :sobbing: :dunno:

RaginDemon

Reaction score

i dont see that much difference yet, give it couple months time.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score

Its definately thinner at the back and my horseshoe is coming through. I've just got to grin and bear it now and see who it turns out. I'm hoping month 3 is the turning point!...

RaginDemon

Reaction score

hair tends to get worse when you first start your treatment... it can be seen in a lot of sucess stories, just hang in there man!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok so now its getting bad, I've cut the nizoral down to twice a week as it was the Revia that made my hair shed before. It's certainly not looking good at the minute. If it carries on shedding like this i'll be completely detacted from the rest of my crown by month 5.

image199du9.jpg

image200pi2.jpg

Gutting... :thumbsdown:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it looks the same to be honest.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Really? The right temple looks loads worse to me!?

Hard to tell - I think it looks slightly different cos of the different angle? But if your body is handling finasteride ok then you've just got to take it forget and about it mate. It's still quite early. As RD said a lot of people who had great success saw shedding at first. :)

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers mate, my body hasn't really reacted at all to finasteride. The only thing I notice is I piss more, but that could be phycological?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
dont count your hair, and dont study it too much

just try not to think about it for 3-4 months and observe the results after.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Cheers mate, my body hasn't really reacted at all to finasteride. The only thing I notice is I piss more, but that could be phycological?

No, finasteride is a prostate medicine for people with big prostate. Big prostate= hard to pee
hehe

I was heading to the bathroom alot the first month and had to pee like 5 minutes after drinking a beer..but it changed back in month 2..I think the prostate or your bladder control system is like a muscle or something, that just adapts over time.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I always wake up in the morning on my side, as I roll on to my stomach I realise why. Pee'ing is the first thing I do every morning and the last thing I do every night.

RaginDemon - I'll keep ignoring it and take the pictures frequently in the mean time.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GL brother!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
ginger-uk said:

No, finasteride is a prostate medicine for people with big prostate. Big prostate= hard to pee
hehe

I was heading to the bathroom alot the first month and had to pee like 5 minutes after drinking a beer..but it changed back in month 2..I think the prostate or your bladder control system is like a muscle or something, that just adapts over time.

I noticed I pee less frequently after taking finasteride. I will go to the bathroom before I sleep and I will go again when I get up.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
20th December

Small Update - There are definately some fine hairs on and around the frontal area of my head. I just have to wait now and see if they develop into better stronger hair. The back hasn't ever really been a problem compared to the front, but it looks like its thickening up. These photos were taken in the worst light with a strong flash so I can really see how bad it can look.

Close up with strong flash.

img0849ng4.jpg

Close up of rear strong flash

img0850ra6.jpg

img0851no9.jpg

img0852wv3.jpg

img0853sk2.jpg

I've just started my 4th bottle of foam and my 5th month on finasteride. Lets see how it goes for the next 3 or 4 months.

Cheers
G

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just reading back through the thread to compare a worse to current pic and reading all the positive comments has really lifted me!

Cheers guys.

Bad times.

image200pi2.jpg

today

img0849ng4.jpg

I think there is an improvement? What do we think?