Ginger-uk's Story - (26 and now shaved off!)

Emuler

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulation's on your success, definite improvement! :punk:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Just reading back through the thread to compare a worse to current pic and reading all the positive comments has really lifted me!

Cheers guys.

Bad times.

image200pi2.jpg

today

img0849ng4.jpg

I think there is an improvement? What do we think?

definitely improvement there!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

The frontal section has thickend up loads, infact as you can see I have hair visible alot further down my forhead. I just want the bits either side of my temples to fill in a bit more and i'll be happy then.

Quick paint illustration

Areas of concern.

desired2lj3.jpg

Desired goal. probably abit far fetched, but ideally I would like to round the front of the hairline a bit more.

desirednk9.jpg

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
Cheers guys.

The frontal section has thickend up loads, infact as you can see I have hair visible alot further down my forhead. I just want the bits either side of my temples to fill in a bit more and i'll be happy then.

Quick paint illustration

Areas of concern.

desired2lj3.jpg

Desired goal. probably abit far fetched, but ideally I would like to round the front of the hairline a bit more.

desirednk9.jpg

be consistent, you will get there!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
ginger-uk said:
I am being mate, if there is one thing I am its consistent with my treatments.

your goal is very realistic, you will get there mate!

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a few photos from today and small note to say I am dissapointed. Going to switch back to regaine/rogaine liquid and see if that helps.

As you can see my head is very red and I've burnt it a little, but the front is definately getting worse. :(

At its best

image199wu2.jpg

Today :(

18062008205xb4.jpg

18062008206wa6.jpg

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
I see some improvement. continue with the treatment dude

Jungian78

Reaction score
I signed up just to post this message: You look good with a shaved dome, man.

I think getting to the stage where you can take a risk and shave it is what it's all about. Most guys fear the baldness without ever giving the shaved look a chance. But if you're like me, you're not passive, so you at least want to know you 'fought it.' So that's what I suggest. Try Nizoral, finasteride, and minoxidil all at once and be consistent. You'll notice some hair loss from thinning spots, but if you're going to fight it, take this as a sign at the drug is doing its thing.

Realize that the prescriptions are costly. And there are no guarantees. But fighting it gives peace of mind. In the end, mates talk trash about the things they're scared of. You showed that you had some major juevos when you went for the shaven dome. The ladies complimented me when I shaved my head as well. I'm using all three and I have seen some regrowth, but I still keep my head shaved. If I don't see improvement in the next year, I'll discontinue and have lost nothing.

I care more about what the ladies think than my guy friends, even though I listen to both.And I don't listen to all this 'research' funded by pharmaceutical companies and glamour mags that says "bald men are more likely to make less money, be less happy, blah blah blah."

What I DO listen to are female friends that break up with guys that constantly whine about themselves and their thinning hair, imperfect physique, etc. As one told me "If he isn't comfortable with himself, how can I expect him to be happy with me?"

In the end, like I said, fight it if you gotta, but if fighting it doesn't have the outcome you want, then look at the things you CAN change and change THOSE. We of the western world have an interesting preoccupation with dwelling on things we presumably CAN'T change when the things having the most impact on our lives are reversible and often unaddressed.

Just my thoughts. Best to you all :)

J

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi J

Thanks for your reply mate. Its very up lifting.

I have taken hairloss on the chin since I shaved my head. The only thing I am dreading are my wedding photos. Still I am slowly adding in affordable herbal and tablet remedies to see how they affect my overall regrowth and stabalisation.

Thanks again for your post.

G

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Ginger I really think you should just go for a hair transplant. Meds will never restore your hairline in a million years (sorry to be a wet blanket, but its true) but believe me I share your pain. I've done alot of investigating into this and the only real solution is and always will be a hair transplant by a competant professional.

Check out lucky uk's transplant in this thread (he has similar hair loss to you). This could be YOU!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=45733&start=20

file.php

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link mate. That guys hair looks excellent. I must say with it pulled back it doesn't look that natural. The problem I have with a hair transplant is its bloody obvious. Even if I got my hairline back I wouldn't grow my hair out. I have really grown to like the buzzed look. I'll just keep ploding along with my treatments and see how I end up. I think, in fact I know, I would be more laughed at if I had a hair transplant tbh.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Could anyone recommend me a concealer? I was thinking about using Dermmatch, but I am unsure of which colour to go for? I thought Red might be a bit dark?

Cheers
G