Reaction score
Good:
Back alley propecia dealer.

Bad:
Shampoo model.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think he looks good but it hasnt damaged his looks as much as it would to an average person.

CCS

Reaction score
Fundi said:
I think Kelly Slater looks really good bald actually.

I agree. He did look better with hair, but I don't think it hurt him much without hair. His face seems to still have the same boundaries, which saves his look. But he loses points because a glance at the top makes him look much older. I'd say he fell half a point.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I've gotta say though - Jude Law is my ultimate hair loss hero.

In that pic with his hair grown out his forelock isn't much thicker than it is in the second pic. The dude (or his stylists) is a MASTER of concealing a receding hairline.

sienna-miller-jude-law-break-up-again-11-14-2006.jpg

Look at that awesome comb forward.

I think he's proof that if you have a thick enough forelock, you can pull off some pretty good looks even well into NW3 territory.

EXACTLY

good post

talk about being selective

really, you dont need a picturte of someone balding and with hair to show how in some instances they can look MUCH better than others. Jude appears to suit longer hair - after all, the guy had very thick hair that suited his style. Striping him of that naturally wouldn't help his appearance.

BUT i laugh at everyone on here. Did you guys all have thick wonderful hair like him from the start? Because if not, whats the difference between looking at his hair than looking at his sculpted face or whatever?

Theres some people that suit the shaved look better than others. Some people look better buzzed - example being Georges St Pierre the UFC fighter (although he isn't balding he shaves it pretty slick anyway).

Stop framing things to make them look worse than they are. Using a picture of someone with amazing looking hair and contrasting it with a receding hairline OBVIOUSLY that's creating a difference in look. But what about someone who always had thin flat hair and kept it short? Mimumum difference. Our positions, generally are somewhere in between with MANY people actually pulling of the shaved look much better than they think

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let me put it this way i had brilliant hair 3 years ago apart from some minor recession which you couldnt tell with my hairlong. I got comments about how great my hair was. Now when i grow my hair as long as it was 3 years ago (like jude laws) people tell me i look better with my hair buzzed short. I got more attention from girls 3 years ago when my hair was that long. Dont get any anymore especially with my hair that long so it can make a difference.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Let me put it this way i had brilliant hair 3 years ago apart from some minor recession which you couldnt tell with my hairlong. I got comments about how great my hair was. Now when i grow my hair as long as it was 3 years ago (like jude laws) people tell me i look better with my hair buzzed short. I got more attention from girls 3 years ago when my hair was that long. Dont get any anymore especially with my hair that long so it can make a difference.

Of course it does. BUt for some people more than others

Not everyone has amazing hair before their hairloss. I didn't have hair like that although it was pretty nice when i gelled it up. But my point is - its funny how people do this.

You have to consider the REAL difference for you. The biggest losers to hairloss are guys like u i guess who lost really good heads of hair. But lovely heads of hair are the exception not the norm so most hairloss victims wont have had such hair ever so making those comparisions are useless.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes everyone can be a doctor and lawyer/ People WANT to be struggling by working in construction and breaking their backs. Cmon people, think before you write.

ali777

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Yes everyone can be a doctor and lawyer/ People WANT to be struggling by working in construction and breaking their backs. Cmon people, think before you write.

I guess you are right... Having a university/college degree is kinda normal for some of us, and we take it for granted.

I have to admit that I take my masters degree for granted as well. I think it's because of the environment I am in, it just doesn't feel anything special at all.

barcafan

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:

Yes of course not everyone can become these things, but lets be reasonable. In North america and europe, with hard work and dedication its MUCH easier to achieve these things than in various third world countries. Alot of the times the only person holding you back is yourself (You being in general)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Yes of course not everyone can become these things, but lets be reasonable. In North america and europe, with hard work and dedication its MUCH easier to achieve these things than in various third world countries. Alot of the times the only person holding you back is yourself (You being in general)

I don't think everyone can get a degree. It all depends on where they are and their circumstances. Also how hard they are willing to work.

That being said, the post I was talking about made it seem like everyone could ace their MCAT's, get a 4.0 or near it to become a doctor. Hell they can be smart enough and not have a strong enough stomach for it. It happens A LOT.

It's like completely ignoring the fact that some people are just brighter than others.