Hair blogs got me depressed

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'm sorry to say this and you know I respect you and I hope you can forgive me but I also have BDD IN ADDITION TO a glaring visable physical flaw. You may not like what you see when you look in the mirror but you don't see a monster, you don't see Golum.
UM, I know you have it worse than I do but I see your avatar and that is not a monster. I have not seen a real picture of you but in the avatar you definitely seem above average looking to me. I am not sure if you have blue eyes but that is a big plus. I wish I had blue eyes. I do not see myself as a monster and I know deep down inside neither do you. My situation is of course different from yours. I live in fear of losing my hair where you live in disgust because you lost yours already. At least you have the option of getting a hair transplant, I don't at this point and if I am a diffuse thinner I never can without risking shock loss. No matter what you have it worse. Ironically, I ran into this guy who probably was heavy into lifting weights and kind of lost his physique maybe because he is now 60 years old. He is slick bald, he shaves his head and it looks like Kojak's bald head. I am not kidding, this guy can easily pass for 40 years old. Even one of my co-workers said the same thing. So look on the bright side, when you are older you can actually look younger with a bald head. He has a hot younger wife or girlfriend now. Honestly, I did not think his personality was anything great. You have to stop thinking you look like a monster because you will project that to the rest of the world and they will treat you like one. I think you are already experiencing that now with all the incidents you have posted here. Think of yourself as a charming bald adonis and watch how the world treats you like one. You will see a difference if you just give it a try.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
DoctorHouse said:
UM, if I can make a difference in your life and make it better for you it would be an honor. You can feel resentful that I have a full head of hair ,but trust me, it does not in any way make my life any better. My struggle with BDD only makes it worse.

But isnt that worse? To have BDD without an actual real issue like having no hair?
HP, I am confused about your questions? But I am going to try to answer it. Having BDD does not just include hair. It includes every body part you have. Its basically not liking everything about you. Its a mental disorder of wanting to be irresistible to women no matter how old they are and you are. Wanting to know what a life looking like Brad Pitt would be like or like a top male model in the world. Its about looking at other people and finding their flaws so you can feel better about yourself when you don't have those flaws or feel at home when you share the same flaws. In this forum, obviously I share similar flaws. And so do you, HP. Its living in a fantasy world with unhealthy thoughts and not happy with the body you are in. Its kind of like a transgender person who feels they are a women trapped inside a man's body and then have a sex change operation. Alot of people with severe BDD which luckily I don't have, will have countless numbers of plastic surgery in attempts for perfection. Yet in some cases like Michael Jackson, are still never happy because you can not change genetics. My issues with myself are definitely real but they in no way make me look ugly. I know I am above average looking but the fact that I am aging is making it hard to deal with my problem. Age related changes are real and with someone with BDD, it can make things worse for them because now they have more realistic signs to deal with. HP, you think your life sucks because you are bald. You live in fantasy world that you would be better off with a full head of hair. You and I are no different if you really look at it.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse,

Lets see you have a body problem. Most of them you can hide. You can't hide having no hair at all. People see me, they see two thingsl My height and my bald head first. That is without question. When people describe someone, do they not say the bald guy, the blonde guy etc? Of course they do.

That being said, unlike most guys I don't want hair to look good and have people think I'm attractive.

I want hair to just blend in and not be noticed in the ways I am now. Not to stand out among my peers. It's different.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
HP, if Dr Phil felt the same way about baldness as you did, you think he would be on TV?

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dr. Phil is 50+ years old and married for like a millennium ... (baldness cant effect him, most men his age are either bald or atleast nw3+, more acceptable etc).

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Dr. Phil is 50+ years old and married for like a millennium ... (baldness cant effect him, most men his age are either bald or atleast nw3+, more acceptable etc).
He sure was bald when he was younger as well and yet he did not let it ruin his life. He became a successful doctor in psychology. I am sure his patients or friends referred to him as the bald psychiatrist earlier in his career when he was first starting out. Its never too late for HP to change and do something constructive with his life. Plenty of time to become a Dr Phil or Telly Savalas movie star.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
HP, if Dr Phil felt the same way about baldness as you did, you think he would be on TV?

I'm not him. Not everyone can be on TV in general with or without hair, right?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nobody knows the real story anyway maybe Dr Phil never intended to be a tv personality, was'nt he famous for writing self help books to begin with? Maybe his baldness played a part in him becoming successful in that field.