Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

fuckbaldness

Reaction score
good results. but i'm a little bit afraid of potential side effects. It's a risky business to work with growth factors (wnt and other proteins). I'm not an expert but hopefully the treatment will not induce tumors

underdog12

Reaction score
This could be the best news ever. I saw this on another forum and was about to share it here. Didn't realize it was already posted cause I thought everyone would be talking about it! The results look really impressive. I just wonder if the hair stays or not. If it keeps falling out that would suck. I'm just worried this will cost a fortune and have 10 year waiting list to get on.

underdog12

Reaction score
This could be the best news ever. I saw this on another forum and was about to share it here. Didn't realize it was already posted cause I thought everyone would be talking about it! The results look really impressive. I just wonder if the hair stays or not. If it keeps falling out that would suck. I'm just worried this will cost a fortune and have 10 year waiting list to get on.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
looks v good. what's the next step? i've been out of the loop of this kind of thing for a little while - where does it go from here?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kthxbi said:
looks v good. what's the next step? i've been out of the loop of this kind of thing for a little while - where does it go from here?

that was only from their third month of their phase 2. After that they still have to do Phase 3 and then they're done

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
is phase 2 finished? what kinda length of time between end of phase 2 and beginning of phase 3 can we expect? and then how long will phase 3 / post phase 3 take?

cobey60

Reaction score
Possible outcomes from studies:
(1) Negative (nothing happened or unsafe)
(2) Weak Positive (statistically significant positive result, but nothing close to a NW7 --> NW1 outcome)
(3) Strong Positive (significant positive growth/re-growth)

Replicel Phase I: Weak Positive
Aderans Phase I: Weak Positive
Aderans Phase II: ??? This study has been going on for years, will they ever release any results?
Histogen Phase I/II: Strong Positive

The Histogen results are obviously very encouraging. Even better, Histogen has competition from the other companies and so should be motivated to get its product to market ASAP.

Conclusion: do everything you can to hold on to your current hair for the next 2-3 years, and we may have a (near) cure by early 2015??

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
kthxbi said:

that was only from their third month of their phase 2. After that they still have to do Phase 3 and submit an application and gain regulatory approval and then they're done
i thought that might be what you're trying to say :)

even if a product passes phase 3, the FDA could simply say no, and it does happen

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand what all the excitement is about? That last PDF that was posted shows regrowth on a female patient who's follicle are not being attacked by DHT. Reversing hairloss in male patients is much more complicated.

Or are you guys looking at something else?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Naltima said:
I don't understand what all the excitement is about? That last PDF that was posted shows regrowth on a female patient who's follicle are not being attacked by DHT. Reversing hairloss in male patients is much more complicated.

Or are you guys looking at something else?

no it's not much more complicated... androgenic alopecia is androgenic alopecia either way

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Look at that! Histogen 2012 Phase II 3 months so far results.

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/sid_2012_HSC_Final.pdf

They have achieved even better results that pilot trial, and it's only 3 months in! They did more injections.

Look at this lady's temple results. Something beautiful.

If Histogen won't make to the market thet I don't know who will.

Holy sh*t!

That blows Replicel right out of the water! Somebody sign me up for the procedure, I want my temples covered again!

Or should I just get a hair transplant and cover them for the time being?

Rnz

Reaction score
The attached photos look bad!

The angle is different the lighting is completely different.
This makes me suspicious about the great numbers they posted.

they cant take better photos?? :thumbdown2:

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell by the picture, but does the woman have alopecia areata?

Only 10 or 20 shots, can you imagine what 100 injections would do, you'd look like a Chia pet.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Rnz said:
The attached photos look bad!

The angle is different the lighting is completely different.
This makes me suspicious about the great numbers they posted.

they cant take better photos?? :thumbdown2:
:agree: :bravo:

Also, in all those years they haven't posted a single (!) promising set of before/after pics of a man's head. (not talking about those microscope pics)

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HM clinical trail
what you think is happening -> scientist try to give a man a full head of hair
what actually happens -> treat a ~1 inch x 1 inch square on the head

i think it's better to think histogen as better than propecia rather than a cure, to that perspective it's fantastic, no other treatment has managed to grow hair at the temples (no matter how the photo is lit, hair has blatantly grown at the temples)
bear in mind the injections were made at the back of his head

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
they made injections at the back of the head and he regrew hair at the temples?

thats a cure enough for me, mate 8)

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bear in mind the injections were made at the back of his head

no they weren't wow. This is actually one of the big problems with their treatment -> very tiny "migration radius". 80 injections will grow hair in a penny sized area.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

no they weren't wow. This is actually one of the big problems with their treatment -> very tiny "migration radius". 80 injections will grow hair in a penny sized area.

This still a great news for recedes,