Hanneyk55's Story - (2 1/2 MONTH UPDATE 7/01)

G

1 month pics on page 4

2 month pics on page 5

2 1/2 month pics on page 6

I'm new to the forum and website. I found while searching the web. A little about myself... I am 20 years old and severly balding. It started around 17 with no thinning, just my hairline receding a little bit. Well over the following years, i pretty much had the mindset that if i didn't think about it, it would go away. I always wore hats (still do), would intentionally not go to events that would require me not to wear my hat, as soon as i was out of the shower the hat went on, etc. Well now at 20 my hair line has receded significantly and on the top of my head all the way to the crown it has thinned to the point that i cant style it what so ever. Just yesterday, i sahved my head completely and i am now starting a regimine. I just went and bought Rogaine 5% foam, and just ordered 1mg finastride which will hopefully come in the mail soon. I am very curius to see how these products will help me, if at all. I will post up progress pictures, as well as a current picture so you all can see my starting point. I am so greatful for finding this website, knowing that i am not alone.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Hi everyone

You should post a picture of your shaved head. It might look so good that you don't even need treatment?

G

alright here ya go... here is a picture of my head right after i shaved it....

Attachments

• BALD HEAD.jpg
    BALD HEAD.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 217

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score

Your making the right decision by going with Finasteride and Minoxidil. You might as well throw some Nizoral on your head while your in the shower and leave it in for 5-10 minutes. That would complete what we call "The Big 3."

G

in that picture, you cant really tell, but i do have hair growing on the top of my head, however it is so thin you cant see the shadow affect like you can on the sides and in back... This is the area i hope to thicken up with my finasteride that i ordered. i just started using minoxidil a week ago, but i have heard that this only works in the crowning area.

EDIT: i have never heard if nizoral??? What is that/what does it do? Thanks!

G

here this is a better picture to see the thinning. my hair is grown out a little more so its easier to see....

Attachments

• BALDING.jpg
    BALDING.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 230

Nickel

Reaction score

Just hang in there, go on big 3 be consistent and give it enough time to evaluate the situation, improve your diet and start working out.

Good luck!

G

thanks for the input on nizoral.... im sure everyone would get different results just as with minoxidil and finasteride. I think one thing i have going for me is i am not hoping for some miracle to occur with taking my finasteride and minoxidil. I am more or less just curious to see if any change will happen. My finasteride should be here in the mail within a week hopefully. i ordered 3 months worth so i will be sure to post progress pictures... It will be easier for you all to see my hairloss when my hair is longer.

G

well even though a previous poster said that nizoral didn't do anything for him, i bought some 1% nizoral today. I used this morning in the shower and i must say i like the way it feels. So i think regardless of whether or not it helps with hairloss, i found a new shampoo to use. I think i will use it 3 times a week to start.

Now i can officially say that when my finasteride gets here i will be on THE BIG THREE haha...

G

just another picture update with my longer longer now... You can easily see the thinning now. I have been on minoxidil for just over a week and used my Nizoral 1% only once and my finasteride isnt here yet, so obviously i dont have any results yet....

My finasteride should be here any day now.

Attachments

• BALDING 2.jpg
    BALDING 2.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 185

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Re: Hi everyone UPDATE WITH PICTURES

I wish you the best of luck but I hope you realize that none of these treatments by themselves or used in conjunction are likely to even get you to an nw3. It sucks that every treatment available is not suited for nw5's like us....because we are the ones who need it most right?

G

uncomfortable man said:
I wish you the best of luck but I hope you realize that none of these treatments by themselves or used in conjunction are likely to even get you to an nw3. It sucks that every treatment available is not suited for nw5's like us....because we are the ones who need it most right?

you speak the truth! Like i said in my original post, im just curious to see what the results are over the next year. Im not hoping for some miracle. since i took that last picture, i shaved my sides and back down with a zero blade and left the hair on top. and i think it did a lot for my apearance. made the hair on top not look so thin.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score

Funny, I remember after using the clippers I had a nice layer of hair shavings on the top of my head and how I thought it looked good until I wiped it with a damp rag and it all came off. Welcome to the forums....it's always good to see another nwfiver on the boards.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score

is that what a Norwood 5 looks like shaved down? If so....I guess I just figured out what Norwood I am. Hey U-man....I'm a Norwood 5 too! We can be best buds now! And now that I know what classification I fall under, I can start feeling even MORE sorry for myself and knowing that the future is even bleaker than I thought! Hooooraaaaayyyy!!! :punk:

But seriously Hanney...I know it sucks, but keep your hair short, try treatments, but don't get too consumed in this whole hairloss business. Obviously its hard to tell what you look like without seeing your face, but you do have a nice shaped head if its any consolation. Also, lemme know how the rogaine works out, I've been thinking of starting it just for the hell of it to see if I can maybe be one of those miracle responders, but at this point it also seems a bit pointless, like it'd be too much of a hassle for not enough results. I'm currently on a low dose (0.25mg/day) of finasteride with 0 sides but can't say I've seen much improvement. Makes me realize the best treatment available is mentally...(pardon the cliche) stuff that works on whats inside our heads and not on top of them.

G

qball01 said:
is that what a Norwood 5 looks like shaved down? If so....I guess I just figured out what Norwood I am. Hey U-man....I'm a Norwood 5 too! We can be best buds now! And now that I know what classification I fall under, I can start feeling even MORE sorry for myself and knowing that the future is even bleaker than I thought! Hooooraaaaayyyy!!! :punk:

But seriously Hanney...I know it sucks, but keep your hair short, try treatments, but don't get too consumed in this whole hairloss business. Obviously its hard to tell what you look like without seeing your face, but you do have a nice shaped head if its any consolation. Also, lemme know how the rogaine works out, I've been thinking of starting it just for the hell of it to see if I can maybe be one of those miracle responders, but at this point it also seems a bit pointless, like it'd be too much of a hassle for not enough results. I'm currently on a low dose (0.25mg/day) of finasteride with 0 sides but can't say I've seen much improvement. Makes me realize the best treatment available is mentally...(pardon the cliche) stuff that works on whats inside our heads and not on top of them.

hey thanks for the kind words buddy... I really should take another picture with my hair shaved back down now on the sides and in back so you guys can see what look im sporting now. I'm pretty pleased with it because it does make Telogen Effluvium hair on the top not appear so thin.

I will keep you and everyone else updated with my progress. However i actually havent even started a true regimine yet. My finasteride hasn't arrived yet, and i have only been on rogaine foam for a week and just used nizoral for the first time on sunday (tonight will be my second time). So anyway over the next few months keep lookin for updates.

My first opinion so far about the rogaine foam and nizoral- Regardless of how it is working to battle hairloss, my scalp has never felt healthier since starting these. my hair also feels a lot softer. and i think the nizoral smells really good.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

I really pity you guys...it's got to be sad to be missing so much hair. I hope you have a miracle and regrow a lot. Possible, but unlikely.

I don't say that from a condescending perspective. I guess if I made it to NW4\5 status I would just give up all hope until technology finds a way to reverse it...otherwise you're holding on to only a few hairs and not enough to completely matter.

I hope the experiment with the big 3 regrows a lot for you.

G

TheGrayMan2001 said:
I really pity you guys...it's got to be sad to be missing so much hair. I hope you have a miracle and regrow a lot. Possible, but unlikely.

I don't say that from a condescending perspective. I guess if I made it to NW4\5 status I would just give up all hope until technology finds a way to reverse it...otherwise you're holding on to only a few hairs and not enough to completely matter.

i dont think any of us are looking for pity, but thanks anways.

if you read my multiple previous posts you would see that i am NOT looking for a mircale amount of regrowth. im doing this just to see what happens. When i originally shaved my head (see pictures on page 1) i did that becasue i reached that "f*ck this" stage and to much surprise, i liked the way i looked with a clean shaven head... if nothing happens then i will go back to a completely shaved head and be perfectly fine with it.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Hanneyk55 said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

if you read my multiple previous posts you would see that i am NOT looking for a mircale amount of regrowth. im doing this just to see what happens. When i originally shaved my head (see pictures on page 1) i did that becasue i reached that "f*ck this" stage and to much surprise, i liked the way i looked with a clean shaven head... if nothing happens then i will go back to a completely shaved head and be perfectly fine with it.

Sorry for saying pity bad word I think lol

Hope you have good luck...would be interesting if you had some crazy reaction and grew back everything almost.

G

TheGrayMan2001 said:
Hanneyk55 said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

Sorry for saying pity bad word I think lol

Hope you have good luck...would be interesting if you had some crazy reaction and grew back everything almost.

no worries bud...

if i had some crazy regrowth that would be great, however not expecting it. I think one thing i have going for me that will increase my odds of success, is my age. I have noticed that it seems like it is the younger guys who seem to have the most drastic results, so this may help me.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You've got some great attitude ! and with that alone ull attract people regardless of your hair (or lack of)! keep it up! :)