Has your hair loss lowered your own standards?

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
ClayShaw said:
KANGA said:
I haven't had the opportunity to have a transplant, no. But my business partner, John, had one done in '98, but his hairloss got so bad that his lost all his hair around the transplanted hair. So, now he has to shave his head, and you see 3 or 4 strip scars on the back of his head, and they are HUGE. Plus, if he doesn't shave every day, you see his transplanted hair grow in a big patch.

Most people aren't so willing to look silly in public.
So, what... if you had a bad hair transplant, you're going to hide under a rock for the rest of your life?

A pathetic way to live, in my opinion.

uncomfortable man said:
Sometimes I think these guys just make up an imaginary 23 year old nw7, 5'2" rosacia friend that gets all the pussy at the bars because of his magnetic personality just to play the devil's advocate and try to make it seem that baldness has absolutely no effect on anyone's lives or ability to get women more specifically. Even if it is true, it is such a rare anomaly that it doesn't even matter.
I said he was in his late 40's. But keep imagining that it's imaginary.

And granted, yes, it IS an anomaly. Even with guys WITH a full head of hair. Men are such pansies when it comes to picking up women -- it's sad. If you sit back and observe at a bar, club, wherever, guys walk around like they are James Bond and think that they can pick up women just by being there. And when they do finally approach a girl (95% of the time it's just 1 girl a night), they get rejected, and it's a huge kick to their confidence, and they start crying, "Oh, its my looks/how much money I make/my hair etc etc etc".

Ahhh, the ignorance of it all.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
KANGA said:
If you sit back and observe at a bar, club, wherever, guys walk around like they are James Bond and think that they can pick up women just by being there. And when they do finally approach a girl (95% of the time it's just 1 girl a night), they get rejected, and it's a huge kick to their confidence, and they start crying, "Oh, its my looks/how much money I make/my hair etc etc etc".

Ahhh, the ignorance of it all.
Yeah.. OK let me tell you something, i have lot of female friends, and i talk with them about attraction, and the answers are the same, if a girl looks for a hook-up for the night she (99.9% of the time) wont settle for less then an awesome looking guy, because girls get to pick, and for one-nighters they wont go with you if your bald/old/ugly etc etc, for a "serious relationship" there are other qualities they looking in a guy... (you get it?! it doesn't matter how smart and witty you are if she doesn't think you look good you wont get her into bed no matter what!)

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Yeah.. OK let me tell you something, i have lot of female friends, and i talk with them about attraction, and the answers are the same, if a girl looks for a hook-up for the night she (99.9% of the time) wont settle for less then an awesome looking guy, because girls get to pick, and for one-nighters they wont go with you if your bald/old/ugly etc etc, for a "serious relationship" there are other qualities they looking in a guy... (you get it?! it doesn't matter how smart and witty you are if she doesn't think you look good you wont get her into bed no matter what!)
I also have a lot of female friends and they say the same thing... but in reality the opposite happens. Most women don't know what they want.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
KANGA said:
So...you're bald late 40 something friend is scoring early twenties at the bar? Unless he is slipping them hundred dollar bills under the table, you are so full of sh*t.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
KANGA said:
So...you're bald late 40 something friend is scoring early twenties at the bar? Unless he is slipping them hundred dollar bills under the table, you are so full of sh*t.
Early 20's? No, I think the youngest he's hooked up with in the past few months we've been going out was 25. Late 20's? Easily.

I know it's a hard concept to grasp, but it's not that hard, homeslice.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Believe it or not, but there are guys out there, some of them bald and not that great looking, who pull women quite often. :whistle:

The reason you may not want to believe it is that it makes you feel bad. It did me, I couldn't figure it out, I saw myself as a good looking guy and there's my less attractive friend teaching me an important lesson, though first I was jealous as hell, he got all the attention, it didn't make sense, until you realise that looks/hair is only a part of the equation and far from the most important part.

My mate was not bald, but he was no looker, acne scars, bit over weight, put me to shame though.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
Believe it or not, but there are guys out there, some of them bald and not that great looking, who pull women quite often. :whistle:

The reason you may not want to believe it is that it makes you feel bad. It did me, I couldn't figure it out, I saw myself as a good looking guy and there's my less attractive friend teaching me an important lesson, though first I was jealous as hell, he got all the attention, it didn't make sense, until you realise that looks/hair is only a part of the equation and far from the most important part.

My mate was not bald, but he was no looker, acne scars, bit over weight, put me to shame though.

Well I guess you could argue that if he was bald he might not have got the pussy he was getting.

Bottom line is that male pattern baldness is not the end. If you are already decent looking then chances are you can limit the bad effects of hair loss. Damage limitation is my philosophy. Just realise that we are going bald, no doubt. So start to postively change things that you actually have control over - stop wasting time.

The biggest shitter for me is realising how quickly my looks will change, not that I think that I will find it that hard to get pussy.. Its the quality the pussy thats important. Its just hard to take when you realise how much more success you might have had. Well.. Success with pretty women..anyone can score with mingers. But thats not our aim..well its not mine anyway!

If you are on this site and you dont mind going for a fat girl or a slightly underaverage girl..then I dont get why your even on this site !

Petchsky

Reaction score
H4HR,

If you really believe that you will never get 'top quality pussy' that you could have got, were not for male pattern baldness, then you are already setting yourself up with a self limiting belief, and you won't get any quality pussy because you won't believe you can and will already fail yourself before trying, or not even bother.

The first impression is important when meeting women, they make a quick decision within 30 seconds, obviously from the way you look, which act as visual clues, but what women really read is your body language and tone of voice. That's why it's somewhat of a joke when guys look for a 'killer' chat up line, as it's not really what you say, but how you say it and present yourself.

Aside from a rare few women, and in general under 25 year olds, baldness really is not a big deal to them, yes there are exceptions, but I'd rather focus on the majority not the minority. E.G. My girlfriend loves long hair on men, I'm a NW3V, my hair is never gonna be long cos it would look sh*t, this did not stop her getting with me, why? Because there are more important qualities/characteristics than hair.

Hair loss only kills your chances with women by proxy, by that I mean hairloss = low self esteem = failure with women.

Hair loss with no loss of confidence would not result in a net failure with women.

It's low self esteem that is really doing the damage, not your bald head, that's just one of the causes of low self esteem.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very well said Petchsky!

I agree 100%. So many guys do not realize this and probably never will.

Here come the comments from guys saying you are completely wrong...

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Well said indeed.

However..high self esteem alone isnt a golden bullet.

If youre ugly then it doesnt matter if you have all the confidence in the world. If the women/person doesnt find you attractive then it doesnt matter who much self esteem/confidence you have.

However I guess you could say that your exteroir shell itself isnt where the attractiveness is generated from. Its your mind and interior that creates it. So as long as you have an at least average exterior, then your self esteem and confidence is what will make you attractive..

Even if you think of models, actors etc, if they look anxoius or unhappy, they lose a massive chunk of their attractiveness. But the problem is, is that being bald means that in some ways we become less than average looking. Especially if we were less than average looking to start with. So even if we do have self esteem, it doesnt mean that the top pussy is going to find us attractive.. attractive people go for other attractive people. But if self esteem and confidence does make you more attractive then our challenge is really in our minds as you say.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
The first impression is important when meeting women, they make a quick decision within 30 seconds, obviously from the way you look, which act as visual clues, but what women really read is your body language and tone of voice. That's why it's somewhat of a joke when guys look for a 'killer' chat up line, as it's not really what you say, but how you say it and present yourself.
This is funny, because I've noticed when someone has a killer pickup line, it creates confidence in itself. They guy is like, "oh man, this line is definitely going to work", and because he's so convinced that it will work, it does, because his confidence is expressed through his tone of voice and his body language.

barcafan

Reaction score
KANGA said:
Petchsky said:
This is funny, because I've noticed when someone has a killer pickup line, it creates confidence in itself. They guy is like, "oh man, this line is definitely going to work", and because he's so convinced that it will work, it does, because his confidence is expressed through his tone of voice and his body language.

holy sh*t you should write a book

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Like Neil Strauss...his last book Emergency was done in a comic book style where he is the main hero. I tried to find some pictures but couldn't. It looked cool though.