Histogen News (May 5th 2016)

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hands up if you think Finasteride and Minoxidil will be our only solution to Androgenetic Alopecia in 2020.

I've got my hands up 80%

Lol when I went to my derm last month to get my first script for finasteride, he told me finasteride and minoxidil should help me "hang on" until something better comes out in "5-10 years." The exact words a medical professional is telling his patients as of right now. Hoping he actually has some inside knowledge and isn't just spouting false hope to keep people appeased, but unfortunately, apparently the 5-10 years thing has been the motto for decades now.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hands up if you think Finasteride and Minoxidil will be our only solution to Androgenetic Alopecia in 2020.

I've got my hands up 80%

i don't have my hands up. Hell, finasteride made my Androgenetic Alopecia MUCH worst. It's not a solution if a a lot of users solve nothing with it. I am using RU, stemox and minoxidil, which aren't even listed here.

RatherGoBlindThanSeeItGo

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol when I went to my derm last month to get my first script for finasteride, he told me finasteride and minoxidil should help me "hang on" until something better comes out in "5-10 years." The exact words a medical professional is telling his patients as of right now. Hoping he actually has some inside knowledge and isn't just spouting false hope to keep people appeased, but unfortunately, apparently the 5-10 years thing has been the motto for decades now.

If you keep saying it it's bound to come true some day :D

Follisket

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd raise them if I actually considered finasteride and minoxidil to be solutions.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
hands down here.
of course who raised hands won't be allowed to access the new meds in 2020, but will get a lifetime supply of finasteride and minoxidil :)

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
My hand's raised. 2020 is three and a half years away. There is nothing currently in the pipelines of all the companies working on Androgenetic Alopecia that will be commercially available by then. For something to be in the marketplace by then, it would have to be done with Phase III trials right about...now. There's nothing in Phase III trials, so there will be nothing available by 2020.

To clarify this wouldn't apply to companies releasing in a country like Japan...

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone in contact with Histogen know if they are still on track for an IPO and Mexico trials in July?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone in contact with Histogen know if they are still on track for an IPO and Mexico trials in July?

We had a guy from another forum catch her after a presentation about a month ago. The Mexico release date is likely going to be closer to 2018 now.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
We had a guy from another forum catch her after a presentation about a month ago. The Mexico release date is likely going to be closer to 2018 now.

Looks like the final battle is coming down to Histogen vs Follica. The suspense is killing me. Hopefully atleast one of them comes to fruition.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
People are disappointed in 10% regrowth after 3 months using a completely distinct mechanism.
10% after 3 months is good if it continues to work at that rate. I'm not optimistic about them because they have gone from being very vocal to being dead silent after their Phase IIb trial. It makes me think they weren't able to improve on those results, and 10% is basically all the drug is good for.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
10% after 3 months is good if it continues to work at that rate. I'm not optimistic about them because they have gone from being very vocal to being dead silent after their Phase IIb trial. It makes me think they weren't able to improve on those results, and 10% is basically all the drug is good for.

That's why I'm worried. I think their results were actually very underrated, but they have gone dead silent.....makes you wonder

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why I'm worried. I think their results were actually very underrated, but they have gone dead silent.....makes you wonder

10% after three months is pretty good. Full hair cycle lasts longer than that, sometimes up to around 5 months. Finasterides results take up to a year to be seen, same with hair transplants. There's NO REASON to complain about Samumed's results.

As for them going silent... i wouldnt worry about that. All of the biotechs/pharmaceuticals go silent.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
10% after three months is pretty good. Full hair cycle lasts longer than that, sometimes up to around 5 months. Finasterides results take up to a year to be seen, same with hair transplants. There's NO REASON to complain about Samumed's results.

As for them going silent... i wouldnt worry about that. All of the biotechs/pharmaceuticals go silent.

Hellouser.... I said the results were UNDERrated.... I think the results are great, considering minoxidil gave me its most benefit from months 6-8 and I'm still improving at month 8

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser.... I said the results were UNDERrated.... I think the results are great, considering minoxidil gave me its most benefit from months 6-8 and I'm still improving at month 8

I know, I'm agreeing with you.