How To Properly Mix Ru In Commercial Minoxidil?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I plan on adding RU into my regimen a couple days a week. Commercial liquid minoxidil lasts for months to my knowledge. Since I need to use both RU and minoxidil, I don't see why I should go the ethanol + propylene glycol route, when commercial liquid minoxidil seems like a good vehicle.

My questions are:

1)Is it best to buy the powder, or is it best to buy the K&B formula and mix it within the minoxidil?

2) Does the K&B formula really deteriorate after a month or so? So why does this formula deteriorate while liquid minoxidil lasts for months (to my knowledge)?

3) What amount of powder should I put in the commercial 5% minoxidil? And how many ml is it safe to prepare so it doesn't deteriorate?

4) Should I store the powder in the freezer? what about the actual mix? I have never stored anything in the freezer (I use foam minoxidil with finasteride, and I sometimes prepare a liquid minoxidil with 2 10mg finasteride pills solution), and I also (still have) a spiroloctane solution that I mixed with the 5% liquid minoxidil of a commercial local brand. I can't say anything of what i've tried is working, im balder than when I started like 2 years ago, still decent hair but i need SOMETHING soon or else im fucked.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
This doesn't address my concerns.

I want to know how many ml should I prepare before the RU starts lossing effectiveness.

Is a full 60ml bottle of minoxidil safe to use or should it be prepared in less batched?

It says he uses 3 grams. What % of RU do I get in 60ml of minoxidil? remember im a retard with it comes to math.

5%. As for the safety of preparing 60 ml batches, no one can answer as the reports of the loss of efficacy are basically anecdotal. No one that I know had the lotion tested and can say RU decayed somehow.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5%. As for the safety of preparing 60 ml batches, no one can answer as the reports of the loss of efficacy are basically anecdotal. No one that I know had the lotion tested and can say RU decayed somehow.
How do you even calculate this? im brain damaged.

if I want 5% on 12ml of minoxidil how many mg of powder do I put there? 60 is too much.

Also, how do you even cover the scalp with 1 pump of minoxidil foam? that's impossible. I need up to 5, half of it gets stuck on the hair. This sucks, im f*****g balding, my hairline is diffusing. If the Ru does nothing I may seriously end it.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you even calculate this? im brain damaged.

if I want 5% on 12ml of minoxidil how many mg of powder do I put there? 60 is too much.

Also, how do you even cover the scalp with 1 pump of minoxidil foam? that's impossible. I need up to 5, half of it gets stuck on the hair. This sucks, im f*****g balding, my hairline is diffusing. If the Ru does nothing I may seriously end it.
In 12 mls of minoxidil you need 12*5/100=0.6 grams of RU.
Of course we're talking about liquid; you can't mix RU in minoxidil foam unless you melt the foam.

About covering the scalp with one pump of minoxidil foam: I agree: if you have hair it is impossible to cover the head with just half a cup.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In 12 mls of minoxidil you need 12*5/100=0.6 grams of RU.
Of course we're talking about liquid; you can't mix RU in minoxidil foam unless you melt the foam.

About covering the scalp with one pump of minoxidil foam: I agree: if you have hair it is impossible to cover the head with just half a cup.
Okay so I put 600mg of the powder in the 12 ml of minoxidil, so I get 50mg of RU which means I put 100mg in 2ml... that means im doing 200mg of RU per day... isn't that too much for a single day?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay so I put 600mg of the powder in the 12 ml of minoxidil, so I get 50mg of RU which means I put 100mg in 2ml... that means im doing 200mg of RU per day... isn't that too much for a single day?
Do you use FOUR mls of minoxidil per day?
If so, solve 150 mg in 12 ml

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do you use FOUR mls of minoxidil per day?
If so, solve 150 mg in 12 ml
How else are you supposed to cover your entire scalp with anything less than 2ml? of course I use 4ml per day in liquid, more in foam, god knows how much foam I use. I just apply it until the scalp is nice and wet. At least 5 pumps.

Anyway, 150mg of RU in 12ml of minoxidil 5% gives me 25mg of RU per application, so that's 50mg of RU per day with the 4ml. Is 50mg of RU enough to do anything remarkable?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not? not only im going bald, but my scalp feels like sh*t, tingling/pressure/explodingskull/itch whatever, the dreadful male pattern baldness feel. Im ending it if I can't fix it. f*** this.
Out of curiosity, what's your previous regimen before ru?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's your previous regimen before ru?
I have never used RU, im trying to find out how to properly prepare it.
My regimen is 5% minoxidil and 0.25% finasteride in foam for a couple years, still balding.
Tried liquid, it sucks to apply, foam is more handy.

Anyway nothing works. Scalp feels like sh*t and im balding. I feel some heal on the scalp after I apply the foam, so I suspect it's just the androgens killing my hair but who knows.

Oh I tried topical spironolactone a couple times a week, waste of time.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never used RU, im trying to find out how to properly prepare it.
My regimen is 5% minoxidil and 0.25% finasteride in foam for a couple years, still balding.
Tried liquid, it sucks to apply, foam is more handy.

Anyway nothing works. Scalp feels like sh*t and im balding. I feel some heal on the scalp after I apply the foam, so I suspect it's just the androgens killing my hair but who knows.

Oh I tried topical spironolactone a couple times a week, waste of time.
0.25% is an insane amount of finasteride (2.5mg/ml). Why is it in a foam? Where did you get it compounded? I'm not sure about the finasteride absorption with foam. Just intuitively.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding RU to my regimen for a while, as it acts on different pathways from finasteride if im not mistaking. RU binds to androgen receptors while finasteride blocks 5AR and reduces the amount of DHT. From what i remember, @Swoop uses both RU and finasteride, maybe he can give us an insight about the possible synergy between the two.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
How else are you supposed to cover your entire scalp with anything less than 2ml? of course I use 4ml per day in liquid, more in foam, god knows how much foam I use. I just apply it until the scalp is nice and wet. At least 5 pumps.

Anyway, 150mg of RU in 12ml of minoxidil 5% gives me 25mg of RU per application, so that's 50mg of RU per day with the 4ml. Is 50mg of RU enough to do anything remarkable?
Some say you need a bit more, like 75 mg (7.5 %) or 80 (8%). But I don't care; too expensive. 50 mg it is.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about adding RU to my regimen for a while, as it acts on different pathways from finasteride if im not mistaking. RU binds to androgen receptors while finasteride blocks 5AR and reduces the amount of DHT. From what i remember, @Swoop uses both RU and finasteride, maybe he can give us an insight about the possible synergy between the two.
IIRC, he alternates them, he once wrote.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on adding RU into my regimen a couple days a week. Commercial liquid minoxidil lasts for months to my knowledge. Since I need to use both RU and minoxidil, I don't see why I should go the ethanol + propylene glycol route, when commercial liquid minoxidil seems like a good vehicle.

My questions are:

1)Is it best to buy the powder, or is it best to buy the K&B formula and mix it within the minoxidil?

2) Does the K&B formula really deteriorate after a month or so? So why does this formula deteriorate while liquid minoxidil lasts for months (to my knowledge)?

3) What amount of powder should I put in the commercial 5% minoxidil? And how many ml is it safe to prepare so it doesn't deteriorate?

4) Should I store the powder in the freezer? what about the actual mix? I have never stored anything in the freezer (I use foam minoxidil with finasteride, and I sometimes prepare a liquid minoxidil with 2 10mg finasteride pills solution), and I also (still have) a spiroloctane solution that I mixed with the 5% liquid minoxidil of a commercial local brand. I can't say anything of what i've tried is working, im balder than when I started like 2 years ago, still decent hair but i need SOMETHING soon or else im fucked.
You said you used topical finasteride, but did you try using it oral ? Maybe that way is more effective for you.