How To Properly Mix Ru In Commercial Minoxidil?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have proper real life experience of K&B's RU solution vs buying the powder and preparing it into minoxidil yourself? (or ethanol and PPG)

Since im lazy, I feel like buying the K&B solution, but I keep hearing how RU quickly losses efficacy and it's safer to prepare it yourself... what gives?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would prefer not to become a tranny in order to save my hair.
You know that even by using the topical, the drug gets in to your blood stream and has the same effect, right ? Basically, you have been trannying yourself for a few years, man.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know that even by using the topical, the drug gets in to your blood stream and has the same effect, right ? Basically, you have been trannying yourself for a few years, man.
This is broscience. Physics say you'll get less systmetic absorption if you put it on the scalp directly. I will prove this once I get my blood labs.

Anyway, this is bullshit, im just losing more hair and feel like killing myself.

Ive been procrastinating about buying the RU. I felt defeated. Whats the point of using something 2 days a week when the base treatment (finasteride and minoxidil) does nothing. I doubt using RU on the weekend will change sh*t.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have proper real life experience of K&B's RU solution vs buying the powder and preparing it into minoxidil yourself? (or ethanol and PPG)

Since im lazy, I feel like buying the K&B solution, but I keep hearing how RU quickly losses efficacy and it's safer to prepare it yourself... what gives?
anyone?

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
0.25% is an insane amount of finasteride (2.5mg/ml). Why is it in a foam? Where did you get it compounded? I'm not sure about the finasteride absorption with foam. Just intuitively.
I get no sides whatsoever. I just keep lossing hair and the ITCH doesnt disapear.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
5% is underdosing?
Well, you claimed to get the proper effect you need more didn't you?

Also, how's your RU experience so far at current dose? you said you use it daily?

Also, anyone knows a good webpage that sells everything I need?

I need to buy new vials, the ones I used for the spironolactone are sticky. I also need a proper syringe, not the trash I have now.

I also need to buy a proper weighing scale with enough digits to get the RU doses

And I need a micro spoon

I'll be using commercial liquid minoxidil so I think that's all I need, beside buying 1 gram of RU.

So should I go Kane or Anageninc or what?

PS: Not sure if I asked those before, I have loss of memory due baldness destroying my psyche.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I need help.

What do I buy? I need a 20ml vial, microspoon, a weightier, what else?

I need to do the list then go shopping

I may need a gun too, in case RU doesn't stop my hairline from going to hell

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anageninc and kane are the same thing.

You're overcomplicating this sh*t, i don't know what's so hard to understand. You take the amount of powder you need, and dump it into the amount of minoxidil you need. You need 2ml of minoxidil to cover your head? You want 100mg (example) of RU per application? Dump 100mg of RU per 2ml of minoxidil you have, then multiply it out by the full bottle.

You just need a scale and a bottle of minoxidil

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anageninc and kane are the same thing.

You're overcomplicating this sh*t, i don't know what's so hard to understand. You take the amount of powder you need, and dump it into the amount of minoxidil you need. You need 2ml of minoxidil to cover your head? You want 100mg (example) of RU per application? Dump 100mg of RU per 2ml of minoxidil you have, then multiply it out by the full bottle.

You just need a scale and a bottle of minoxidil
My brain is severely damaged from the stress and depression of balding, it doesn't work. That's why I couldn't go to college, and that's why im stuck in mom's basement for life. I don't understand what i have to to multiply. If I want 18ml for example, for 2ml of minoxidil and 100mg of application of RU (is this the recommended one?) how do I do it? My brain does not work for anything that has to do with math. I also have one eye with blurry vision so I can't be bothered to read a lot and think.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My brain is severely damaged from the stress and depression of balding, it doesn't work. That's why I couldn't go to college, and that's why im stuck in mom's basement for life. I don't understand what i have to to multiply. If I want 18ml for example, for 2ml of minoxidil and 100mg of application of RU (is this the recommended one?) how do I do it? My brain does not work for anything that has to do with math. I also have one eye with blurry vision so I can't be bothered to read a lot and think.

I've been trying to be less of a dick lately so I'll do the math for you. How many mg of RU do you want per application and how many mL of minoxidil does it take to cover your scalp? How big are your minoxidil bottles?

I use 100mg of RU per application, which is more than most people use. 50 mg/ml and I use 2mL.

If you pour 2.5g of RU into 60mL of minoxidil, you'll have approximately 4% RU, which is ~40mg/mL. If you use 2 mL to cover your scalp, it's 80mg of RU total.

I also mix my RU into the full bottle of minoxidil rather than making batches, @Swoop says RU58841 is stable in solution

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to be less of a dick lately so I'll do the math for you. How many mg of RU do you want per application and how many mL of minoxidil does it take to cover your scalp? How big are your minoxidil bottles?

I use 100mg of RU per application, which is more than most people use. 50 mg/ml and I use 2mL.

If you pour 2.5g of RU into 60mL of minoxidil, you'll have approximately 4% RU, which is ~40mg/mL. If you use 2 mL to cover your scalp, it's 80mg of RU total.

I also mix my RU into the full bottle of minoxidil rather than making batches, @Swoop says RU58841 is stable in solution

I've read the opposite: RU58841 is not that stable and making smaller batches is safer. According to this website:

http://www.ru58841.info/stability-and-storage/

Powder is preferred to buying a premixed solution. The powder must be kept cold, in the freezer (-20 Celsius)

In general it seems reasonable to make batches no longer than 1 week. Since im looking at using it 3 days a week, and I need about 3ml to cover my scalp, I need 3ml per application, that's 6ml a day, so 3 days a week is 18ml a week. I'll buy 20ml crystal bottles.

So, how many mg do I need to pour in the 18ml of minoxidil in order to obtain a 5% RU solution or whatever % 100mg per application is?

Im too low IQ and damaged to perform those tasks.

Have you seen any gains from the daily RU or any problems? im just scared to use it daily.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read the opposite: RU58841 is not that stable and making smaller batches is safer. According to this website:

http://www.ru58841.info/stability-and-storage/

Powder is preferred to buying a premixed solution. The powder must be kept cold, in the freezer (-20 Celsius)

In general it seems reasonable to make batches no longer than 1 week. Since im looking at using it 3 days a week, and I need about 3ml to cover my scalp, I need 3ml per application, that's 6ml a day, so 3 days a week is 18ml a week. I'll buy 20ml crystal bottles.

So, how many mg do I need to pour in the 18ml of minoxidil in order to obtain a 5% RU solution or whatever % 100mg per application is?

Im too low IQ and damaged to perform those tasks.

Have you seen any gains from the daily RU or any problems? im just scared to use it daily.

To get 5% RU per 18ml you need to put in 900mg of RU. but applying 3ml of that will give you 150mg per application, which is pretty high. If you want 100mg per application, you'd put in 600mg of RU per 18ml, this would be 3.3% RU, and 100mg of RU is still pretty high.

I have no side effects from either RU or finasteride and I'm on both. Sporadic RU usage and consistent finasteride usage halted my hair loss, finasteride alone just slowed it. Now that I'm consistent with RU I have some more coverage in the crown area but nothing crazy, and that could be attributed to minoxidil for all I know but from what I've tried in the past I'm a sh*t responder to minoxidil, I pretty much only use it because I'm desperate and it's a easy vehicle for RU instead of having to buy Everclear from a different state because my state laws are retarded.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To get 5% RU per 18ml you need to put in 900mg of RU. but applying 3ml of that will give you 150mg per application, which is pretty high. If you want 100mg per application, you'd put in 600mg of RU per 18ml, this would be 3.3% RU, and 100mg of RU is still pretty high.

I have no side effects from either RU or finasteride and I'm on both. Sporadic RU usage and consistent finasteride usage halted my hair loss, finasteride alone just slowed it. Now that I'm consistent with RU I have some more coverage in the crown area but nothing crazy, and that could be attributed to minoxidil for all I know but from what I've tried in the past I'm a sh*t responder to minoxidil, I pretty much only use it because I'm desperate and it's a easy vehicle for RU instead of having to buy Everclear from a different state because my state laws are retarded.
I just realized 100mg per application is a fuckton because that would be 200mg per day...

I dont want to do no more than 50mg per day so thats 25mg per application

How many mg do I put in a bottle of 18ml of minoxidil to get 25mg per application application being 3ml?

Or maybe I should do 50mg per application so its 100mg per day?

How many grams of RU powder should I buy? Is the bag of 1 gram enough? Im worried that if its too big it may not fit on the freezer. My mom hates the idea of me putting toxic sh*t on the freezer next to food but oh well id rather die from RU toxicity in the food than be bald.

Help my dead brain.

Dazz_nz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just realized 100mg per application is a fuckton because that would be 200mg per day...

I dont want to do no more than 50mg per day so thats 25mg per application

How many mg do I put in a bottle of 18ml of minoxidil to get 25mg per application application being 3ml?

Or maybe I should do 50mg per application so its 100mg per day?

How many grams of RU powder should I buy? Is the bag of 1 gram enough? Im worried that if its too big it may not fit on the freezer. My mom hates the idea of me putting toxic sh*t on the freezer next to food but oh well id rather die from RU toxicity in the food than be bald.

Help my dead brain.
Just do some maths. Its pretty easy. If you want to find out what you need make a certain percentage its just a simple equation.
n = your amount of minoxidil (its better to weigh things rather than use mls though if you are mixing powders with liquid, although generally 1ml is 1gm, thats not always the case)
% = your desired percentage
Equation
n / (divided by) 100 x %
eg. Say you want a 5% solution in 50ml of minoxdil it would be - 50 / 100 x 5 which is 2.5 so you would add 2.5gm of RU
This is not exact but is close enough for most things, if you wanted to do it perfectly then if you were making 50ml for instance then you would subtract the 2.5 from the 50, so it would be 47.5gm minoxidil, 2.5gm RU, but I dont want to make it confusing lol.

Just my 2 cents but 25mg seems like a very small amount to be using in 3ml. I was using up to 80mg a day in 1.5ml and for me in the end was a waste of time. But everyone responds differently I suppose.