How to support a partner with hair loss?

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
blondeguy, i have a question. my hair is thickening rapidly and i'm not sure what to do about it. in fact just yesterday my mother remarked to me that my hair looks a lot thicker. i feel kinda self conscious about it and i'm afraid that people can notice. should i just shave it off to hide it?

jayman....your mother was referring to the hair in your nostrils.

silly boy.

G

ginald said:
JayMan said:
blondeguy, i have a question. my hair is thickening rapidly and i'm not sure what to do about it. in fact just yesterday my mother remarked to me that my hair looks a lot thicker. i feel kinda self conscious about it and i'm afraid that people can notice. should i just shave it off to hide it?

silly boy.

that has actually thinned out a bit.

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
ginald said:
JayMan said:

silly boy.

you must have been picking it then

Reaction score
JayMan said:
ginald said:
JayMan said:

silly boy.

maybe some minoxidil there...

G

s.a.f said:
Freddie Lungberg is'nt bald he's a NW3 at most and so can buzz his hair (not shave) to a grade 1/2 and still have visible stubble to frame his face. If he was a NW4/5/6 with a shiney dome he would'nt look so good. Although he is much more blessed in the looks dept than the average guy which also helps.

Dude, you haven't watched the matches this season? See, I'm an Arsenal fan and have seen every match and Freddy's pretty much bald on top. He's got a NW6 shadow that's visible even when he has shaved. Also that tuft on front is totally isolated and very thin. Personally I think Freddy still looks cool but has lost it footballing-wise, so getting rid of him in the summer would be a wise move for Arsenal :lol: .

blondeguy

Established Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

Would it make you stop being self-conscious about hair? If yes, then yes. :p

G

fall3n, first of all I would like to tell you that you are really great woman that you are willing to support your partner. Many wouldn´t be as sensitive and maybe even leave their men.
Well, I can´t give you that much advice since I have no girlfriend so I have to go through hair loss all alone. But I think you should avoid talking to him directly about his hair. For instance: "Your hair looks good!" He probably wouldn´t believe that since he knows it doesn´t and would aussme you are lying to him. Instead you might just tell him: "You look good!" Like that you will give the feeling that he isn´t less attractive because of hairloss. But balding is not all about the looks, it is a loss of a man´s personality. He will need your support. Make sure to tell him about the different treatment possibilities if he doesn´t know them yet.

Good Luck!

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
it is a loss of a man´s personality

that is complete tripe. Personality is to do with the make up of a persons mental characteristics, it may affect confidence but its not going to stop them from being a good talker, a good listener, knowing what a woman wants.

Like Ive said before just talk to him and say that he is sexy, etc. Just say it doesnt bother you, dont listen to the idiots in here

G

Itsonlyinmyhead said:
it is a loss of a man´s personality

that is complete tripe. Personality is to do with the make up of a persons mental characteristics, it may affect confidence but its not going to stop them from being a good talker, a good listener, knowing what a woman wants.

Like Ive said before just talk to him and say that he is sexy, etc. Just say it doesnt bother you, dont listen to the idiots in here

So you agree that hair loss affects a man´s confidence and claim this has no influence on how he deals with other people........ :roll:

And to me and many others it is a loss of personality. You are losing something many other men have all their lifes. A part of yourself is dying/leaving you.

spinner2

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
And to me and many others it is a loss of personality. You are losing something many other men have all their lifes. A part of yourself is dying/leaving you.
Some of you guys are f**king crazy. I think a lot of us are here because we look a little better with hair, and want to get as many girls chasing us as possible. Looking good is also fun and can give you a smile, but so can a thousand other things. If you're looks are all you have to live for then you're screwed no matter what.

squizzi

Reaction score
fall3n said:
The girl is in fact a girl. :p

Can I just say that I honestly don't think I'm unique in not caring about hair loss in the opposite gender..? You all seem to be a touch incredulous that a girl could love a guy who's going bald and not care about his hair loss, but there's no reason to be. Out of all the qualities we look for in a potential love match, hair really doesn't figure.

Hi fall3n

Im in the same situtation as you. My partner ( and yes Im a girl and he is a boy for those who think term partner must mean we are the same sex) is suffering hair loss and I want to support him and let him kow that it really dosent make me love or fancy him any less than if he had a full head of thick jhair.

Its not how much hair is on his head that makes e love him, but him as a a person.
Infact I fell for him before I had even seen him. ( yes we met on line) and as well as loving him to bits I fancy the pants off of him everytime I see him which is most days.

Maybe we can support each other on here or with private messages.

I understand that you guys feel that to some women hair loss makes you less attractive, but I can assure you that there are some of us who do not think that way- at least two of us have found our way onto here and many many other women who feel this way will never have found the need to visit a site like this. So please dont loose heart. I know that for many men the way a woman looks is what attracts them to them in the first place ( its human nature for the male of the specis!!!!!!) but for many women its other things that attract us- truly honestly personality truly counts ( well that and fab eyes!! :oops: ) I know it sounds like a line but its true. Women see deeper into a mans personality and soul ( and to be truthful, for me at least, a little vunerabilty is attractive- not into OTT macho men at all)

Some of you guys have fantastic personalities that shine thro on here, and if the treetments you are undergoing boost your self esteme and self image then cool, it all helps. I fully support my partners treatment, what ever he needs to make him happy. I will be happy if he is, with or without hair its his choice

I dont bring the subject up when Im with him, I let him do that, if he wants to talk I listen. He has some very bad days and Im there if he wants me, sometimes he dosent want to see me on those days or even to talk, but Im there if he wants. Not sure what else I can do. We have been togther over a year and as far as I am aware he has had soem degree of hair loss since before we met. I really dont know to what degree as he dosent want me to see, and thats fine with me if thats how he wants it. Im a foot shorter than him so not normally in a position to see top of his head anyway!!!!!!!!!!! Some times he wears a hat- ususally when he is having a bad day- but Id rather that than not see him at all- I actually find the hat sexy.

I do understand insecurities, I too have mine - its called a spare tyre, the way my face looks and wearing glassess. Yep there is stuff I could do about that too- and I do at times- but my BF says niether bother him and I believe him. So inshort we support we support each other and because we both have our problems we understand that we have bad days and good days and just have learnt to rub along and cope with both

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont bring the subject up when Im with him, I let him do that, if he wants to talk I listen. He has some very bad days and Im there if he wants me, sometimes he dosent want to see me on those days or even to talk, but Im there if he wants.

Now you are cool as f***, so is fall3n as well!!!! Now these are girls, listen and learn (particually Taug)

I know that you are supporting your fella, BUT he needs to work through it, he cant stay angry/depressed about it for the whole of his life.

So maybe you should get him to buzz it or maybe even shave it to make him feel better. I personally feel alot better after buzzing my hair. Try http://www.slyguys.com .

s.a.f

Reaction score
Squizzi have you seen Taug's pics?

s.a.f

Reaction score

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bild001it3.jpg

Now tell me as a woman do you think this guy is either ugly or has hairloss? :roll:

(sorry about this Taug) :wink:
who is this ugly bald guy?

lock

Reaction score
saf, you should have warned her about the uneven chin...might be too much of a shock for her to see that..and what if she says he's good looking? (that could destroy the precarious balance in taugs life)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Or maybe he'll take some notice of what a woman says because he certainly does'nt listen to us.