I Am Absolutely, Monstrously Ugly And It’s Ruining My Life

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda relate to this at some point. When we were kids with my 2 brothers, I used to have the thickest most luscious black hair and I can do any hair style I want. Fast forward 15 yrs, I was the first one to start balding. My eldest brother still have a straight hairline though it receded but his top was not thinning, my youngest brother still has no problem with his. And me, the guy who my relatives always tell the cutest and most handsome as a kid started to look like an old man. It sucks. But from my experience you can just whine and complain for so long. At the end of the day you should get up and do something about it. If it's out of your control, then find another way, if there are no other ways then accept it but continue with your life. We only got one shot at life bro. This is all we have. We might be fucked since birth but it's worse if we give up. We still got to fight with what we have. You might feel this way at some point but I hope it gets better

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda relate to this at some point. When we were kids with my 2 brothers, I used to have the thickest most luscious black hair and I can do any hair style I want. Fast forward 15 yrs, I was the first one to start balding. My eldest brother still have a straight hairline though it receded but his top was not thinning, my youngest brother still has no problem with his. And me, the guy who my relatives always tell the cutest and most handsome as a kid started to look like an old man. It sucks. But from my experience you can just whine and complain for so long. At the end of the day you should get up and do something about it. If it's out of your control, then find another way, if there are no other ways then accept it but continue with your life. We only got one shot at life bro. This is all we have. We might be fucked since birth but it's worse if we give up. We still got to fight with what we have. You might feel this way at some point but I hope it gets better

I can literally look at your avatar all day! I wish it was a gif, pov rules!
Anyway, it's tough making the best out of a pile of sh*t. You can pull all the corn out, spray it with fabreeze and put sprinkles on top. Eventually the smell returns and the sprinkles turn brown. That doesn't mean you don't try these steps, and in my "pov" you need to or you have no right to b**ch. I'm not saying this stuff to act tougher than anyone or be mean but I just think everyone here has potential for SOMETHING and without taking one step you're not contributing to society or more importantly yourself!
I guess I believe a hobby should have the ability to show your potential

Last edited:

german89

Established Member
Reaction score
i feel with you OP.
i was rather attractive with my full head of hair, long up to the chin and preppy clothing style. always had a girlfriend from 16-21. then hairloss.... finasteride, minoxidil are
bloating my face. bloated face + diffuse thinning.... and now i also have glasses.

it just sucks.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold on there was more you missed.....

1. Archaic. a small horse.
    Explore Dictionary.com[/paste:font]
Idioms
  1. ride a hobby, to concern oneself excessively with a favorite notion or activity.Also ride a hobbyhorse.
Origin of hobby1
1325–75; Middle English hoby(n), probably for Robin, or Robert (cf. hob2), used as horse's name, as in dobbin

So a hobby is also a small horse.... and the word was created in 1325. How many consoles were out in 1325 again? Back then your "hobbies" were horse riding, archery, fencing, dueling and dying of the flu.
lol sidestepping the issue cuz u were proven wrong

and im glad you werent offended about my try hard comment, i didnt mean offense just being honest. however i also did not mean an ambitious responsible type either

by the not appreciating art thing i really meant a lot more than that, like not appreciating life in general without making everything a competition. type A syndrome

also you just pigeonholed everyone here as not trying .

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol sidestepping the issue cuz u were proven wrong

and im glad you werent offended about my try hard comment, i didnt mean offense just being honest. however i also did not mean an ambitious responsible type either

by the not appreciating art thing i really meant a lot more than that, like not appreciating life in general without making everything a competition. type A syndrome

also you just pigeonholed everyone here as not trying .

Wasnt sidestepping, I thought it was funny and it was to show how a definition in websters is not always the most concrete example.
Wasnt offended as I take a lot of pride in my ability and drive. I actually took it as a compliment.
Whos making it a competition? Did you read my last post? I think everyone here has some potential and I think they really need to tap into it and aside just complaining, which a vast majority do here maybe also start mentioning their feats and pushing others to do so. How many times have I mentioned to you in the past about working out a bit, getting out a bit, creating music/writing (since you are into more electronica stuff, see I remember) since you said you have some interest.
I didnt pigeonhole anyone. Thats entirely up to them how they feel, the devil cant MAKE you do anything, he can only sway how you already feel. Being pigeonholed is completely up to you and if you were insulted or feel I did that to you then please by all means use that emotion to go out and prove me wrong, join a "professional" gaming league, take your "hobby" to the next level.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wasnt sidestepping, I thought it was funny and it was to show how a definition in websters is not always the most concrete example.
Wasnt offended as I take a lot of pride in my ability and drive. I actually took it as a compliment.
Whos making it a competition? Did you read my last post? I think everyone here has some potential and I think they really need to tap into it and aside just complaining, which a vast majority do here maybe also start mentioning their feats and pushing others to do so. How many times have I mentioned to you in the past about working out a bit, getting out a bit, creating music/writing (since you are into more electronica stuff, see I remember) since you said you have some interest.
I didnt pigeonhole anyone. Thats entirely up to them how they feel, the devil cant MAKE you do anything, he can only sway how you already feel. Being pigeonholed is completely up to you and if you were insulted or feel I did that to you then please by all means use that emotion to go out and prove me wrong, join a "professional" gaming league, take your "hobby" to the next level.
*man tears start flowing* *epic trumpets crescendo *

lol thats cool i agree its good to motivate each other, i just dont like everything being a competition all the time. i would try more, but if i fail ill feel totally worthless and suicidal

it would be like "im bald AND have no talent!?" lol

btw i found the word i was looking for yesterday, i feel me and a few others here are aesthetes, and you're the opposite of an aesthete

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/aesthete

"a person who has or professes to have refined sensitivity toward the beauties of art or nature."

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
*man tears start flowing* *epic trumpets crescendo *

lol thats cool i agree its good to motivate each other, i just dont like everything being a competition all the time. i would try more, but if i fail ill feel totally worthless and suicidal

it would be like "im bald AND have no talent!?" lol

btw i found the word i was looking for yesterday, i feel me and a few others here are aesthetes, and you're the opposite of an aesthete

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/aesthete

"a person who has or professes to have refined sensitivity toward the beauties of art or nature."

And how would I be the opposite when I write songs and love nature

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
And you're a sensitive love maker.

You would know

blwkss.gif

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
. Im old now (late 30s) so I guess it gets easier but his life looks like fun, mine is pretty much a self inflicted stressful trainwreck. As much as you try to not become your father I guess its inevitable.

Is it inevitable? I try my best I dont. Wtf dude, the determinism! And 30s is not old.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have the coolest name ever on here which you get a lot. Welcome back! How's things?

Tnx! It's been pretty good. No baby mamas at my door, STD free, can still fool people i'm not balding (kinda)... Just trying to stay positive you know..
And you? still doing the good job of holding the fort?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the medications helping you? Thought of surgery? I'm been the same man. finasteride has maintained my hair for years. I had surgery a couple of years back almost for the frontal slick corners. Currently full head like I was up to my mid 20s, felt good but used to it now as expected. Just want to ensure maintenance as it would suck to start balding or needing touch up surgery. I'm confident I'll get through the next two decades into my 50s unscathed regarding hair. Mapped my scalp thoroughly for a final pattern which is 3V and tons of donor if needed but want to keep my actual hair as it looks better. I'm lucky my hair genetics are not too aggressive or I'd be fcuked. Seen it happen to some people around me and of course, many on the forum. My life would change no doubt in many ways. Some on the forum are very lucky hair wise too, actually haven't lost anything or very little, but have BDD so can't see it sadly.

Other than that the usual. Working, travelling, baby on board soon, chilling with mates and new people - got some ambitious exciting plans too.

Oh yes me and comrade @Roberto_72 do hold that fort.

View attachment 90263

View attachment 90264
you're having a fuckin kid?!?!?!?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are the medications helping you? Thought of surgery? I'm been the same man. finasteride has maintained my hair for years. I had surgery a couple of years back almost for the frontal slick corners. Currently full head like I was up to my mid 20s, felt good but used to it now as expected. Just want to ensure maintenance as it would suck to start balding or needing touch up surgery. I'm confident I'll get through the next two decades into my 50s unscathed regarding hair. Mapped my scalp thoroughly for a final pattern which is 3V and tons of donor if needed but want to keep my actual hair as it looks better. I'm lucky my hair genetics are not too aggressive or I'd be fcuked. Seen it happen to some people around me and of course, many on the forum. My life would change no doubt in many ways. Some on the forum are very lucky hair wise too, actually haven't lost anything or very little, but have BDD so can't see it sadly.

Other than that the usual. Working, travelling, baby on board soon, chilling with mates and new people - got some ambitious exciting plans too.

Oh yes me and comrade @Roberto_72 do hold that fort.

View attachment 90263

View attachment 90264

congrats, is this with a long term spouse headed for an alter or a vaguely remembered 3 week later phone call?

7JtI.gif

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda feel the same as you, op. I think I look horrible in most pics, especially the ones that I haven't taken myself. Even out of those I have to choose like 1/10 of the best ones to look acceptable face-wise, and I don't even want go to hair biz right now. But the weirdest thing is that I feel like I'm getting more and more attention from girls. I don't know if they smile at me or look at me 'cause I look funny or what the hell is going on. It always makes me feel weird, though.

It would be great to have some kinda IRL hairloss support group where us baldies could share our feelings about this sh*t. As for now we just have to suck it up and live our lives in a society that says we look like sh*t.