I hate commercials

CCS

Reaction score
I've heard plenty of commercials making fun of fat people. Not saying they have it worse. Just saying commercials attack everyone. They want to sell stuff and attack any insecurities in any groups they can. They attack acne people, wrinkly people, etc. Yeah it's annoying when it won't help you. But if you were NW2 right now you'd be glad they were advertising.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Saw a commercial for some shampoo starring that obnoxious b**ch from What Not To Wear. Granted this commercial is geared towards women, but she said hair is like the icing on the cake. It is the frosting on the cupcake-THE BEST PART! Now I know men don't want to be compared to cupcakes, but considering this to be a unisex statement- BALD GUYS ARE LIKE CUPCAKES WITH NO FROSTING. Who wants to eat that...how depressing!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
wow wow wow

i cant believe how personally some of you take this sh*t

that ad with the woman in it is simply dumb. dont take offence, anyone with a brain will see it for its stupidity. doesn't matter if you're talking about hair, this or that, they'll always be ignorance in the world, laugh at it.

UM you say u cant bear to watch those ads with the hot guys who meet all the girls and who implicity live the celeb's life or whatever? LOL, cmon man this is like a little girl being jealous of Jessica Alba or a famous actress or something.

I understand u detest the implict undermining of balding etc, but equally it undermines people who arent in the top 5% of looks, aren't tall and aren't ultrally successful. u do realise they are depicting not only a small minority but a superficial and generally unrealistic and one dimensional picture?

THIS ISNT A REAL DEPICTION of the REAL world. Yes, you can watch the hills or something and see all those guys live like this, but in for 99.999% of people its different, we live in a less superficial (still judgemental and superficial but not as much as the hollywood perception).

Honestly buddy u need to numb yourself to this fake perception before it destroys your life.

Hair is just one out of hundreds of factors that form how u look, u can control so many factors but not your hair per se so concentrate on those and you own self beyound the superfiscial side. i fear you are an example of someone who is paralysed by your hairloss and has let it affect to beyond any true proportion.

Hairloss imo is a bit of a handicap but nowhere close to as life destroying as some of you seem to think. im going bald and im only 23 so far it hasn't affected my life in the slightest, it sucks dont get me wrong and ill probably have to work harder to meet my future partner but even if im completely bald this shouldn't restrict me from reaching all my life goals.

in fact over the past 3 months ive really worked on myself - lost some weight, getting fit, whitened my teeth, and ill admit using a few sun beds to help my skin (i know some people think thats silly but its helped me skin anyway!) and overall i look at feel great and after having a terrible run of a year of underachieving with woman my confidence in back in full flow nad im doing better than ever just becasue i feel good.

sorry for goign off on a tangent but i just think being sensitive to these brainless ads is something that runs deeper. u can pick up a tabloid and read a ridiculous story written by a moron any day fo the week its just the way of the world, dotn let dumb ads have any impression on u. letting them define you is what they want to do its a marketing scam

Obsidian

Reaction score
I don't see why you guys try to help him, most of the time it goes in one ear and out the next. If the guy wants to be miserable, then let him be miserable.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
noone wants to be miserable sometimes people need a hard push in the right direction and a bit of guidance and reassurance

i know myself how fickle ur mind cna be and how if you feel bad about urself you can transmit a negative vibe etc that affects how people react to you. i also have seen and at times experienced how this can spiral and it becomes a case of "determinism" where u think things that u eventually make true despite the intial factor being minor in comparison to the eventual effect.

i also realise if i didn't have such a strong background and had some many friends and good family etc that i could have let these things disproportionally get to me just as muhc, so id never judge anyone unless they are beyond help and are wasting their lives through stubborness. i don tthink he's at that point yet

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I do appreciate your detailed response Colin. Even though I'm not watching MTV or the Disney Channel, lamenting over juvenile hairlines, the consequences still catch up to me because the medias vendetta against bald people extends beyond the teeny bopper programing into the media as a whole- from movies to commercials selling everyday mundane things. That is the whole purpose of this thread. So I don't have to watch them to feel it's impact because everyone else is already brainwashed by the media to some degree and this anti-bald sentiment becomes ingrained in our culture...and you can't escape your culture! I am not a fan of this culture, I am a victim of it!

Mens Rea

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I do appreciate your detailed response Colin. Even though I'm not watching MTV or the Disney Channel, lamenting over juvenile hairlines, the consequences still catch up to me because the medias vendetta against bald people extends beyond the teeny bopper programing into the media as a whole- from movies to commercials selling everyday mundane things. That is the whole purpose of this thread. So I don't have to watch them to feel it's impact because everyone else is already brainwashed by the media to some degree and this anti-bald sentiment becomes ingrained in our culture...and you can't escape your culture! I am not a fan of this culture, I am a victim of it!

are u really ugly?

really deformed looking?

terribly short or fat?

maybe have a hump on your back?

i dont know mate, i know hairloss is misunderstood or whatever in our culture but its also very widespread so its not like its something that should wreck ur life despite it being strain on the ego.

as for those other things these are all things that are anti our culture. thing is though, everyone has their own problems be it weight, bad skin etc, its not as if we are all inferior and the other majority are the perfect specimens. i just think u seem to have that ingrained in your head. i just tend to think if you're the type of person who is completely derained by hairloss means even with a full head of hair you'd have another thing to get you down becasue im assuming you arent brad pitt with or without hair....

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You're right that the majority of people are not attractive by the media's standards, and I'm sure those people have their own respective issues to cope with. Mine is baldness and that alone. I would be good looking if it weren't for this horseshoe on my head deforming my image. The fact that bald guys are rare (even for my age-34) only helps me feel more alienated and isolated from everyone else. I rarely see another bald person close to my age range, but I feel a whole lot better on the rare occasion that I do. Look, I have to live in this world with these people that hate baldies. I can't escape this flawed humanity, I can't escape the stigma, I can't escape my baldness.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
Heres another confidence booster

[youtube:1daniba0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1_QftmiK1g[/youtube:1daniba0]

Way da go Propecia! mocking your costumers guarantees a solid costumer market basis!

Don't they claim that propecia doesn't work on hairlines? Is that not false advertising?

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The first 5 secs of this video is what the likes of uman feel bald guys are treated...like spotting a rare creature. aha. i love the music. this cracked me up. I can just imagine someone like uman or dudemon being spotted like this and couple of chinese ppl start chasing taking photos of him. 'Leave me alone!!!!' lol :woot:

[youtube:2yu7m7vg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ2Km4i6tDs[/youtube:2yu7m7vg]

s.a.f

Reaction score
Look at him at 0:50 though 10 yrs younger.

Fundi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If he shaved his head I don't think he'd look that much younger.

Still, if that's a genuine pic, that's an impressive combover!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Going bald is worse for Asians. Ain't that right IBM?

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah most asians look horrible bald...or maybe im just generalising because I had a bald asian teacher who was a massive douche.

Oh and the hair looked like sh*t and that was with bad picture, in real life it would have looked even more stupid/ridiculous.

cuebald

Reaction score
Do you reckon combovers/pieces would go down better in Japan?
I mean male pattern baldness is much less prevalent over there, people wouldn't catch on so easily?

I love the beginning of that clip, the girlfriend looks on in shock and the camera zooms in on the BALD man, just like a cheesy 70's horror movie.