i'd give up so much...what would YOU give up?

GeminiX

Reaction score
Nene said:
I would give up a pinky or a little toe.

You could tell people you lost it in a fight with a bear and appear to be bad-*** :)

I have a scar on my left leg; I try to convince people I got bitten by a shark...

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A couple of fingers.
Any and all of my material possessions.
5 years of my life (provided I get a lifelong NW1 in exchange for my likely NW5/6 future).

Or just $15k for a few hair transplants :)

Boondock

Reaction score
5 years of life is a good one. If I could guarantee myself a NW2 to die at 75 rather than, say, 80, I'd take that. Life is about quality, not quantity.

I wouldn't miss any toe other than the big ones. Both little toes could do one.

Other than that, not sure.

Obsidian

Reaction score
When I saw the first post, I thought of this.
1.jpg

Nene

Reaction score
I would give up 5 years so long as I'm not going to die very young. But dying at 75 instead of 80? So be it, I can't imagine those last 5 years being enjoyable anyway, plus I get a lifelong Norwood 1. Well worth it.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mmm... so many of us whiling to throw 5 years away for head of hair.. which is about the time to get a diploma in biologics ... if we were to plan this, we could all get our diplomas, found our own company, cure hair loss and live from the profits without working a single day for the rest of our lives :mrgreen:

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd give up one of my pinky toes, but only if an anesthetic was used and I got some good painkillers afterwards. Seriously, I would. I doubt it would hinder my ability to walk and I'm hardly ever barefooted, anyway.

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
Nuli said:
I would kill a man.
THAT'S TERRIBLE.
Obsidian said:
When I saw the first post, I thought of this.
1.jpg
EXACTLY!
Smooth said:
mmm... so many of us whiling to throw 5 years away for head of hair.. which is about the time to get a diploma in biologics ... if we were to plan this, we could all get our diplomas, found our own company, cure hair loss and live from the profits without working a single day for the rest of our lives :mrgreen:
so naive. college degrees don't give you sh*t! lol. seriously, though...just 'cause you got the degree doesn't mean you can change anything. you need lots of money to do what you want. LOTS. plus connections. almost no SUCCESSFUL health/beauty based company started strictly as a health/beauty based company...unfortunately, we live in a world in which experience and intelligence and know-how are TRUMPED by connections and money.

BUT DOCTOR HOUSE had the best response...lol.

i'd give up many years of my life (gonna die early anyway...) and toes...who needs that? etc. etc. etc. DEFINITELY material possessions and money. but i am NOT gonna get a hair transplant! never!

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
I would also take a serious beating on a yearly basis if it was one of the requirements

Without a second thought over it.

some people pay good money for this kinda sh*t... out of the question!

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think I'd give up anything related to my health - seriously there are much worse things than being bald when it comes to socializing. Try having facial acne for the rest of your life and you'd be crying for clear skin and a bald head in no time. Or being in a wheelchair - you cant even get into some bars in one, much less be on a proper level to make any sort of eye contact.

I'd probably just give up having money - God knows I've thrown away enough already trying to treat this. Chicks dig poor, arty dudes with fabulous hair....

BornIn89

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
I dont think I'd give up anything related to my health - seriously there are much worse things than being bald when it comes to socializing. Try having facial acne for the rest of your life and you'd be crying for clear skin and a bald head in no time. Or being in a wheelchair - you cant even get into some bars in one, much less be on a proper level to make any sort of eye contact.

I'd probably just give up having money - God knows I've thrown away enough already trying to treat this. Chicks dig poor, arty dudes with fabulous hair....

Rather have acne than be bald.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BornIn89 said:
Nashville Hairline said:

You must be nuts..I'm not just talking a few spots. I had it bad when I was in college and let me tell you, you'll feel even more of a pariah than a bald dude. And women? Fuggedaboutit. At least with hairloss its a preference thing for women, whereas with acne or eczema there isn't a woman who'd touch you.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
BornIn89 said:
[quote="Nashville Hairline":3f6z5wom]I dont think I'd give up anything related to my health - seriously there are much worse things than being bald when it comes to socializing. Try having facial acne for the rest of your life and you'd be crying for clear skin and a bald head in no time. Or being in a wheelchair - you cant even get into some bars in one, much less be on a proper level to make any sort of eye contact.

You must be nuts..I'm not just talking a few spots. I had it bad when I was in college and let me tell you, you'll feel even more of a pariah than a bald dude. And women? Fuggedaboutit. At least with hairloss its a preference thing for women, whereas with acne or eczema there isn't a woman who'd touch you.[/quote:3f6z5wom]

You are trying to bring some sense to people that believe losing limps for hair will improve their dating (after all, you only need three fingers to pleasure a lady). After all, chicks dig amputees!

Why do I get the feeling that a lot of people over here have been spoiled all their damn life and that's why hair loss have hit them so bad.

Yes, hair loss is horrible. Yes, people treat you different, yes, many people get very unattractive (while some improve their looks), but don't take it out of proportion.

One thing is living in la-la sly bald land and one thing is claiming that living your life as an amputee or facially scarred (as in a bad acne case) is better than being bald.

VoteForPedro

Reaction score
for those who think you shouldn't sacrifice health for it, that's fine--it's your preference, BUT PERSONALLY, i have had SO MANY health problems my whole life...even diseases. and YES...REALLY BAD skin problems, and i was always poor...so i am not spoiled in regards to those subjects...i UNDERSTAND that for ME...hair loss is by far the WORST thing i have faced-apart from losing loved ones (good friends and family) and pets (all kinds) in my life. i WOULD give up almost anything for a head of hair. stop thinking that everyone has to have the same priorities as YOU, who think Health is number one (again, if that's what you believe, that's fine), but just because someone else's priorities are different, doesn't make them insane or stupid...or spoiled...just different. we're all different. i'd give anything short of the people and pets in my life for a (full) head of hair. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. maybe it's different. big deal. good luck to all of you, here.

VFP

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have hair loss AND skin problems (rosacea).

A poor complexion will hurt looks much more than hair loss. Bald guys with great skin still look healthy, but having crappy skin (even with great hair) just looks bad no matter what.

The good news is that my complexion can be fixed a lot easier than hair loss, but the treatment is A) expensive, B) very painful, and C) leaves you bruised and red for days afterward. Sort of like a hair transplant I guess.

Nene

Reaction score
I had bad acne as a teen and it was awful, I think equally as bad as hair loss, but acne is easily treatable and baldness isn't.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
I had bad acne as a teen and it was awful, I think equally as bad as hair loss, but acne is easily treatable and baldness isn't.
Easily treatable? Do you think so?
Look on the acne.org forum and you see adult sufferers and they are doing bonkers treatments like many on here - they have the same debates about diet/masturbation/alcohol/stress as we get here.
I realise for most it is a teenage thing that folks grow out of but for the millions of adults with acne its as difficult to treat and medically misunderstood as male pattern baldness.

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
IF i was offered to give up my guitar playing ability, which is at a pretty good level at the moment, for a full NW1 same thickness on top as my sides... then yes i would do that. Then just practice as much as i could to get the skillz back lol