Idomethacin as a Hair Loss Treatment?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread.

Anybody had/still have any success in with Indomethacin? I have the worst male pattern baldness itch imaginable and I just bought some Indo spray from a pharmacist hoping that it may work to reduce my itch. I tried topical cetirizine but that didn't help at all.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Dench! What's up man. My itch got terrible lately. This seems promising and at this point, side effects mean nothing to me. I want my life back. Hopefully someone can respond with an answer on this stuff.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo Zig,

Mine just gets worse, behind both temples now. I've bought some Elmetacin (topical Indo spray) but I don't hold much hope that it will work, tried too many things and failed. Will let you know either way.

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive commented on indo many times. It is the ONLY thing i have ever used that stopped 99% of the shedding, withing 2 days! But its sides were to brutal to continue use. Plus iron dragon no longer sells their liquid indomethacin

monoid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive commented on indo many times. It is the ONLY thing i have ever used that stopped 99% of the shedding, withing 2 days! But its sides were to brutal to continue use. Plus iron dragon no longer sells their liquid indomethacin
Wikipedia says that this drug is similar to the COX inhibitor diclofenac, which also has a thread here on HairLossTalk.com.
What kinds of side effect had you experienced?

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Horrible horrible scalp itch on the back of my head, right below the vertex. It was like mosquitoes were nonstop biting my scalp in that spot. Plus it got a little red. I tried to soothe it with Emu oil but it didn't help. It took over a week for the itching to stop even after I quit using

Plus the other thing that worried me was even though there was no shedding, I noticed hair didn't look as strong. it was getting wispy. It was like it stopped falling out, but it stopped growing too

Maybe another source (mine was from Iron dragon) would be less irritating. Maybe a formula with a lower percent wouldn't cause the itching. But ive been unable to find anyone that produces it. Kane said he could make it per special request, but im not 100% confident on their honesty.