I'm leaving the board...

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
BDD stands for Body Dysmorphic Disorder is where you dwell on your imperfections and seek every possible avenue to conceal them. It can be your hair, your face, your nose, your body, etc. Michael Jackson would be a prime example. He does not like his nose so he had numerous plastic surgeries and still he does not like it. Another example, is a person becomes obsessive with their body to look perfect like a fitness model or a professional body builder and his whole life is centered on his body and no matter what people tell him, he still wants to perfect his body even more. In most of the cases on this forum, its the hair. People are obsessed with the fact that they are losing their hair and they will try every possible treatment and concealer to hide their loss. Some people have it so bad they will not go out in public or avoid even going to work because they feel their problem is the "end of the world". Because of how superficial our society is today, we are seeing more people showing signs of it. Plastic surgeon's offices are full of people with BDD. BDD is not anything bad unless you let it control your life and it avoids you from living life to its fullest. People with BDD basically want to look like the perfect Hollywood model or actor. I am sure if you had the chance to wake up looking like Brad Pitt or a fitness cover model everyday, you would never pass up the offer. Some people use plastic surgery as their tool to do this, yet one surgery is never enough for them.

G

FabioM said:
DoctorHouse said:
Look, GHG was back on the board for a "quickie" :bravo:

He will be back someday :punk:

Why do you guys keep saying that? I have no intention of returning to this board, I have no reason to if I'm about to accept my hairloss and man up. Soon I will drop the foam and probably finasteride too (getting frustrated with the f*****g sides and afraid the gyno will get even worse) and let nature do its job. Besides it's frustrating to read the same posters posting the same untrue and delusional stuff over and over again. Taug is a prime example of the type, I just don't wanna read that sh*t anymore, the stupidity gets me down.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
GHG, think of this forum like your television set. Surf thru the channels you like and do not tune into channels you feel are worthless and a waste of time. So another words, read the encouraging posts and skip the ones that seem depressing to you. I think people want you to stay on here and post because they enjoy your comments. You should take that as a complement. Even though no one may be helping you, you seem to be helping other people. I think people on here enjoy talking to you even if you think this place is wasting your time. Glad to see you are back even if its just for a quick guest appearance. :jump:

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
FabioM said:
DoctorHouse said:
Look, GHG was back on the board for a "quickie" :bravo:

He will be back someday :punk:

Why do you guys keep saying that? I have no intention of returning to this board, I have no reason to if I'm about to accept my hairloss and man up. Soon I will drop the foam and probably finasteride too (getting frustrated with the f****ing sides and afraid the gyno will get even worse) and let nature do its job. Besides it's frustrating to read the same posters posting the same untrue and delusional stuff over and over again. Taug is a prime example of the type, I just don't wanna read that $#iT anymore, the stupidity gets me down.

When i said that, was that you would be back here to speak with us but not about hair issues :)

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
If this is you in the avatar, GrowHairGrow, I really can't see any significant hairloss on you. You look pretty good.

G

FabioM said:
When i said that, was that you would be back here to speak with us but not about hair issues :)

Yeah I know what you meant and that's what bugged me about your post. You act like you know me or know my reasons for being here. It's not like I wasn't off this board for almost the whole last winter already, and you know the reason: I didn't really remember this whole site! Then I came back in the spring because I wanted to try one last thing for my hairloss (the foam), and now that I've tried it, I don't really need this board anymore. Like I said in the opening post of this thread, the forum has just brought me down lately with all the delusional comments about hairloss from various users. Most people here are very nice and friendly, nice to chat with but it's the few delusional morons that ruin the whole experience for me by posting that depressing stuff to every thread here. This is like the bizarro world (if you've seen Seinfeld) compared to slybaldguys forum or to your usual NW6 you see on the street, it's that different a mindset to some of the posters here (the ones who ruin the threads). Anyway, I think you guys will do just fine without me :roll: :).

Comrade

Reaction score
GHG
you were one of the greatest soccer supporters in the struggle footbal VS soccer. We have lost one of the warriors. :)
So, Kaikkea hyvää, mr. J...

antonio666

Reaction score
GHG what is the point of not posting your opinions when you are still looking at hairlosstalk everydays

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have to add something here i think its important to help those newer posters with the paranoid thoughts and the bdd. I dont think you can just go to the positive posts and look at those because frankly, if nobody here or on hlh responded to my many questions i wouldnt really know the best route to go and what to expect. Its good to have people give you a reality check here if your feeling paranoid about a particular side effect even if its just a brush off comment, it can be reassuring. Im not saying ghg should stay or anything because hes right, you can certainly get way too caught up in this whole forum and the infinitely ridiculous posts put up by a lot of users, myself included sometimes. But the trick is to not take some of the posts so seriously, just reply to the ones you want to and help the people who seem to be in the most need or the newest to the forum. Other than that, i find it rather amusing to go through some of the old posts on the forum there has been some pretty funny sh*t. But hey, i can see how it could be easy to get way to into it and feel like its taking over your life. With that being said, good luck GHG, i haven't been on the forum for very long but your one of the posters i trusted the most, along with flimflam and ragindemon those two seem to know what theyre talkin about.