Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 7 month update PICS!)

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dude seriously you needa chill the hell out. your hair is thinning like so many here. take the meds and forget it best you can. Propecia did your hair no harm. Its up to you whether you take it or not. Youve done the reading so make the choice.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Geez Ryan, can't you wait a few more days to get your hairdx test results back. Once you find you have the gene and won't respond to the drug finasteride, then start panicking and being paranoid.................................... :whistle:

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jus saying u should chill and enjoy your hair more. its fine for now. pull some women and pop the pill everyday. Keeping it off your mind does wonders.

Nicky

Reaction score
Dude that sucks thats it's not working, I have heard a lot of stories that Propecia has either worsened their hairlines or has just about help maintain so I wouldnt think of it as a wonder drug tbh...
finasteride or dutasteride are the backbone of most anti-hairloss plans. Stick with 1mg propecia but also add some topical anti-androgens, that's what I would do if I were you. Beyond that, just try to be patient and see what happens...
internal alpha 5 inhibitors maintain better than regrow, especially if there is significant miniaturization.You might want to consider switching to dutasteride if you want.
In any case, dutasteride is more effective than finasteride. male pattern baldness is too aggressive, in my experience, to beat without the big guns (drugs: dutasteride or finasteride).
finasteride will not be sufficient anymore for you so that's a good timing to add a topical AA like those mentioned above....
finasteride or dutasteride will not solve the issue ! try it for yourself..take more finasteride and go very heavy on the weights..you will shed.

I was on finasteride and I did shed in the gym after heavy weights. Pretty scray, it made me stop the gym for a few months.

Using fluridil, RU or flutamide stopped that completely.

It will boost the effectiveness of finasteride/dutasteride and whatever other anti-androgen are used, since there are less AR to deal with.
Anyone suffering from male pattern baldness should inhibit their AR as much as possible....after all they are the core of the problem: AR being too sensitive to DHT and Testosterone. Therefore the best way to protect your hair from the effets of testosterone spikes like that is to apply Flutamide or RU one hour or so before exercising if you do. This will firmly block the androgen receptors for a few hours and get you safely through the spike.

I don't think that fluridl can inhibit enough AR to completely stop hairloss used on its own, at the most agressive stages. But no other drug can do that either.

Both drugs are androgen antagonist, meaning that they will bind to the androgen receptors and thus block DHT and testosterone.

They are essential part of the combo to halt hairloss, which needs to do the following:

1) reduce DHT
2) reduce the number of androgen receptors
3) block the remaining androgen receptors from what is left of DHT (62%), and testosterone (120%)

My hairloss has completley halted thanks to my drug combo.

Answers for the questions:

2) You can continue using the foam but as I told you it won't halt the progression of male pattern baldness.
Nicky said:
Ok so now you wanna use minoxidil 2x a day to regrow. Well, your starting to grow new hair with minoxidil, but at the same time, u are not fighting with DHT and androgens as the new hairs continues to grow through their cycles. minoxidil is not a DHT blocker it helps hair regrow by increasing the blood flow to the follicle, but at the same time your hair follicles will be still attacked by DHT and androgens. One problem with propecia is that while it sharply reduces DHT, it also sharply increases scalp testosterone. I believe that testosterone (in addition to DHT) plays a role in hair loss. So if you're considering using propecia you should be sure to use an anti-androgen also. As a result it would be logical to use Finasteride (Propecia / Proscar) in conjunction with an anti-androgen. The former reduces the amount of DHT on your scalp while the latter blocks the remaning DHT at the receptor sites

1) spironolactone blocks the androgen receptors from receiving as many androgens. It is an anti-androgen but alot of guys feel it is weak at that action. Most people that have used spironolactone will tell you that it's of very limited effectiveness as a hair loss treatment.I have seen very few who have responded well to spironolactone. It certainly isn't a reasonable replacement for finasteride or dutasteride...unfortunately.
My advice: Use it as an additional weapon, but don't rely on it as a sole "dht inhibitior". If I were searching for a topical AA I would use flutamide, Fluridil or RU.

You need some kind of topical anti-androgen that prevent other anrogen's effect on the AR as well. Whether it is fluridil, flutamide or RU, spironolactone etc.. is up to you and not that crucial , but this mode of action is needed to have a complete halt of hairloss.

Hope this helps,
Cheers

Nicky

Reaction score
Irishpride86,

Some changes:

1) increase Propecia dose to 1mg or even switch to dutasteride EOD(if you are not scared of dutasteride stories)

2) add topical Flutamide(Genhair) or if You Have Money, You Can try RU which is the most potent anti-androgen while using spironolactone as well(1x per day, probably in the afternoon). When you run out of spironolactone cream switch to fluridil which is better anti-androgen than spironolactone.
There is a possibilty that the AR are more sensitve to testosterone or became more sensitive due to DHT deprivation

* Rogaine isn't the best option to start wd. At some point in the future minoxidil will not be sufficient anymore for you so this is a good timing to add some topical AAs. Try the combo above and give that at least 6 months b4 evaluating. You got diffuse while on propecia, because finasteride increases test. to about 120% and your hair are sensitive to testosterone. That's why the shedding increased significantly. The reason i'm suggesting you use 1 mg propecia or switching to dutasteride is that anything below that dosage isnt expected to have an effect on hairloss. You can add rogaine later. You can get your hair back if you manage to look into topicals that address testosterone binding, as well as blocking the left over of DHT to achieve a near-complete inhibition of androgens.

If I were you I would switch to 0,5mg of dutasteride per day and topical flutamide or ru(applying it morning and night) and fluridil. This would be the best regimen ever...

Good luck=)

G

Nicky said:
Irishpride86,

Some changes:

1) increase Propecia dose to 1mg or even switch to dutasteride EOD(if you are not scared of dutasteride stories)

2) add topical Flutamide(Genhair) or if You Have Money, You Can try RU which is the most potent anti-androgen while using spironolactone as well(1x per day, probably in the afternoon). When you run out of spironolactone cream switch to fluridil which is better anti-androgen than spironolactone.
There is a possibilty that the AR are more sensitve to testosterone or became more sensitive due to DHT deprivation

* Rogaine isn't the best option to start wd. At some point in the future minoxidil will not be sufficient anymore for you so this is a good timing to add some topical AAs. Try the combo above and give that at least 6 months b4 evaluating. You got diffuse while on propecia, because finasteride increases test. to about 120% and your hair are sensitive to testosterone. That's why the shedding increased significantly. The reason i'm suggesting you use 1 mg propecia or switching to dutasteride is that anything below that dosage isnt expected to have an effect on hairloss. You can add rogaine later. You can get your hair back if you manage to look into topicals that address testosterone binding, as well as blocking the left over of DHT to achieve a near-complete inhibition of androgens.

If I were you I would switch to 0,5mg of dutasteride per day and topical flutamide or ru(applying it morning and night) and fluridil. This would be the best regimen ever...

Good luck=)

Hello there, this is my first post on any hair loss forum even though I've been reading them for many years.

Nicky is right. You need to look into topicals that address testosterone binding. You might want to consider anti-androgens like topical flutamide or RU, while taking propecia as well. The recommended Propecia dosage is 1 mg once a day. 0,25mg a day Isn't Going to Help You. You can also stay on 0,25mg Propecia a day and add RU which is a potent anti-androgen.

just give it the time and hope, im sure eventually it will work out for you

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay so flutamide will destroy your insides and ru costs 150 dollars a month. So why doesnt spironolactone do the same as RU? 1800 dollars a year sounds pricey to keep my hair. Why doesnt spironolactone do the same?

amsch

Reaction score
Kaze said:
Okay so flutamide will destroy your insides and ru costs 150 dollars a month. So why doesnt spironolactone do the same as RU? 1800 dollars a year sounds pricey to keep my hair. Why doesnt spironolactone do the same?

come on man, what's that for a question. 2 pairs of shoes, spironolactone isn't so effective when applied topically.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking for an answer more scientific than two different shoes. How do you know this mysterious white substance RU your ordering from China for wads of cash is legit? I guess the 1800 dollars is worth a try if it is backed up solidly with facts on how it works and that is works.

amsch

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
ok guys here was my question before you guys went off topic:

so somthing odd that i notoced about my haor this past month...

I noticed that i buzzed my hair 5 weeks ago... however my hair has not really grown at all...

whats up with that ????
not grown at all or just grown slowlier?

did you take pics 5 weeks ago? do you have any now?

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
irish you get your results?how is .25 eod effecting your itching thinning?

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score
Awesome congrats buddy. Looks like your hair was shocked cause of the great results your gonna have. Im gonna sign up for the test too. Thanks for posting your results man.

Hopefully you finally have peace of mind......

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha, after all that your test came back positive. At least you have a bit more of an idea what to do now though, finasteride is your best chance dude, just let it run its course though.

I wanted to say if you haven't already don't cough out money for that Hairchi sh*t you are looking it, I didn't know what it was but as soon as I went to the site I knew it was crap. Any site that obscurely hides its ingredients because they consist of bullshit like Green tea and MSM in them isn't worth the money. Seriously dude, just save your cash.
If you are considering all those things like spironolactone + Prox-n etc, you really should look into getting RU imo, it would probably end up being cheaper and more effective. You are gonna be spending nearly 60 bucks a month of just those two and they both have pretty minimal results judging by feedback, spironolactone especially is meant to be very weak.
I'm gonna order RU as well I think, you should only use like 1g a month (maybe a little more) which is a bit over $30 a month. That is just my opinion though, I don't really know whether its worth forking out for Prox-n (which is way to expensive) or spironolactone which you can make a lot cheaper yourself.

Btw are you starting DIM for sexual reasons? Tell me how it goes, have a look into Maca root if you have problems. A lot of guys say they get mega horny on it and I've read of some guys having a lot of success with their hair from it too.

Out of interest, are you a student or what do you do to pay for all this gucci kit man?

Anyways dude, good luck, keep fighting.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
where are you guys getting RU? faith eagle says it's for research only on its site.

amsch

Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
I;m just posting some pics I just took today.... if you want to see my baseline look at the first page... its scary as f*ck right!!!

I just don't understand how I can go from slight thinning to being diffused all over including the back and sides while being on propecia... makes no f****ing since..
I thought you were gone?

Your sides and back do not look to be thinning. I think you're hair is relatively thin (regarding hair quality), so I think't it's normal.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. When I started taking finasteride (proscar 1/4th per day) for 5-6 months after I started my hair was only shedding and to a point when it was pretty bad at the front and sides. I was looking baseline and I couldn't believe this. Hair was worse than when I started only taking 1 pill. So I kicked minoxidil in and from the 4th month on it shedding stopped, hair regrew and was just great. I don't know what is the connection and how shedding stopped. This propecia is acting really weird on some people.

zb00st

Established Member
Reaction score
I personally got good results with liquid but it causes irritation from the PPG in it. Anyway both do fine if you respond to minoxidil. I think you will have good results, just be patient and persistent with the meds. Whole sh*t is rollercoaster.