Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 7 month update PICS!)

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Irishpride86's Story - (22 / Propecia 4 mounth update PICS!)

I can sort of see why your hair has become like that, stopping and starting treatments, your hair doesn't know wtf is going on. Your going to have to chose a path and stick with it for a good few months, on treatments(min/finasteride) or not on treatments, a blood test would really help too. As for confirming R.H with a blood test I'm not sure if you can? I could easily be wrong about that though.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

Why did you start taking propecia in the first place man? Did you see it heading down this path or what, because from the first pic I can't see any signs of it.

I'd honestly stay off it for a year, take pics every month and assess where you are. It seems to have improved while you have been off the drug.

I dunno about you, but in my case I know that if I don't at least try something I *will* end up bald. My dad was clearly balding by 25 and I was obviously taking that pattern, and even though I have seemingly got worse on propecia (my crown in opening up, which f*****g pisses me off because Propecia is meant to be effective in the crown yet even though I have caught it early, and so did you, it hasn't done sh*t). But I figure if I follow the treatment my Dad did (nothing) then I'm assured to go bald, so I might as well stay on finasteride till I have nothing to keep.
I'm not sure whether you are in the same position, you may not be because your hair is seemingly getting better in your time without the drug, I'm not so sure mine would. Anyways dude, like I said, I think you give it a year without, take constant pics and if at any stage it seems to be heading backwards then jump on the finasteride again, if not then enjoy your time with hair (which you seemingly had before the drug) and without drugs.
I see that as your only choice at this stage. If propecia was marketed as a hairloss drug on the back of your pictures I suspect Merck wouldn't be a very successful company at this stage and that tells me you shouldn't be on it.

Drives me insane though, how can a drug meant to prevent hairloss, and even though you have caught it early, be such ineffectual? This surely proves that DHT isn't the absolute answer/reason to male pattern baldness, because if you have been inhibiting 70% of it for the last 5 months and this is the results, then there is definitely something else at work.
(Sorry for the rant, I'm severely pissed off at this stage at where Propecia is taking me.)

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Yo irish,

So your hair is getting destoyed again from hopping back on propecia right???

Im 9 months now on Propecia and still thinning receding. I tried out emu oil on my scalp and it isnt working for the irritation. As i type it feels like im getting pinched on my scalp and the red bumps are still everywhere.

Irish- did your hairloss start after accutane?? Im asking cause your the only person with similar symtoms to me. Im talking about the thinning you had before propecia. Thanks.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

this dude was also using dutasteride

if i remember correctly
using an anti-androgen made you hair worse in your opinion
or did you change your mind by now :sobbing:

LosingTouch

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
and why are you always moking me with the stupid crying face....
geee.. Im totally confused as well irishpride86!! why on earth does he do that!?! he's such a mean person!!!! :sobbing:

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score

irishpride86, this might have been asked before but how's your diet and are you on any meds? I'm asking you this you could have Telogen Effluvium and male pattern baldness.

Have you done the pull-test already? See if you can pull out hair (without to much force) on different regions of your head. The best time to do this is 2 to 3 hours after you washed your hair.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
yah... i can pull it out.. you may have somthing there guy..

as for all you other guys you can help and put your opinion but somtimes you go too far with the sh*t... some of it is uncalled for... so grow up guys were all here to help on another.

irish your annoying at times changing ideas all the time but i dont blame you , everyone gos through that stuff , i agree with you though guys grow up stop acting like little kids

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey irish,

Hows the .5 propecia going? Arnt you on minoxidil now? Hows the regiment going? Noticing any difference in the way your scalp feels:itchy, irritated, red?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
what do you mean by your opinin... do you think im going crazy about what propecia did ???? look at the pictures... and why are you always moking me with the stupid crying face....
Ryan, that was hilarious. I almost felt like I traveled back in time and was in high school again. Thanks for a good laugh. And I am not mocking you. I know Propecia was responsible for changing my chemistry in my body somehow because my hair texture changed totally all over and my hairline recession was put into "overdrive". Before my follicles were not too sensitive to DHT but after taking Propecia they must have become more sensitive because hair thinned out all over in only a matter of months instead of a matter of years. But that was just what happened to me. I know my case could be a rare one. However, too many posts coincide with similar conspiracies. I recovered some of the loss but never went back to baseline or even close to it. :sobbing:

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

DoctorHouse said:
irishpride86 said:
what do you mean by your opinin... do you think im going crazy about what propecia did ???? look at the pictures... and why are you always moking me with the stupid crying face....
Ryan, that was hilarious. I almost felt like I traveled back in time and was in high school again. Thanks for a good laugh. And I am not mocking you. I know Propecia was responsible for changing my chemistry in my body somehow because my hair texture changed totally all over and my hairline recession was put into "overdrive". Before my follicles were not too sensitive to DHT but after taking Propecia they must have become more sensitive because hair thinned out all over in only a matter of months instead of a matter of years. But that was just what happened to me. I know my case could be a rare one. However, too many posts coincide with similar conspiracies. I recovered some of the loss but never went back to baseline or even close to it. :sobbing:

What do you do for your hair loss these days House?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Tyler, I will be PM what I do. I don't want to hijack Ryan's thread. This thread is supposed to be about HIS story not mine.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

irish, how has your scalp felt lately on and off propecia itchy/ irritated wise?

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

i donno. for what its worth it looks like you wont look bad bald. just keep the facial hair. im in the same boat as you. minoxidil sucks. try one of those toplace wigs. i think thats the route im gonna go.

it does provide comfort to take the pill even though it seems to be thinning me out. even after 9 months and still getting worse.

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

honestly it doesnt make sense to me. your missing a key picture above, taken before you restarted.

i was on regrowth.com and a guy explained it to me. careful that site has viruses. comebackkid explained it to me. basically you and my hair is sensitive to other androgens. the increase in testos causes more to be turned into other ansrogen besides dht. your gonna lose hair either way. he said he got on adovart and it helped stave off his hairloss i believe.

but What about Today

Established Member
Reaction score

lol calm down there buddy, hey ur in tx too cool. im the same age as you and im worst off and im thinking of trying the lowest dosage of dutasteride, i really wanna do proxiphen too

Well i think you should stay on finasteride, and try other alternatives besides minoxidil.

Like revitalash hair conditioner viewtopic.php?f=23&t=53932

and try http://vedaliving.com/store/blossom-hair-oil.php and hair gain, the oil was in a mens magaizine and study show that eclipta alba can grow hair like minoxidil

ps. stop crying, there is way to many post in this thread over your hairloss in the span of 4 months

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Kaze said:
honestly it doesnt make sense to me. your missing a key picture above, taken before you restarted.

i was on regrowth.com and a guy explained it to me. careful that site has viruses. comebackkid explained it to me. basically you and my hair is sensitive to other androgens. the increase in testos causes more to be turned into other ansrogen besides dht. your gonna lose hair either way. he said he got on adovart and it helped stave off his hairloss i believe.

To be honest if you look at his hair objectively IP has a point. I mean IP has very little recession, hasn't got a bald patch, rather his hair has just lost a sh*t load of densitiy in 7 months. That sh*t aint normal in that space of time, and most male pattern baldness does not follow that suit, it's a gradual process over years. Heck most balding guys I know have thickness but have slick bald areas.

Propecia fucked him over.

LosingTouch

Reaction score

So remind me again, whats wrong with your hair??

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

hummmm

Attachments

• PIC-0030_2.jpg
    PIC-0030_2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 232
  • PIC-1909.jpg
    PIC-1909.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 229

Kaze

Established Member
Reaction score

Yo where can you buy a pill splitter at. Im gonna try decreasing my dosage like you now.