Is this just a little up lifting?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
If you are as bald as me then there are so many things you need to excel at to compensate for the lack of hair. You need to have a handsome face, an impeccably fit body and fashion sense, make above average money compared to some average guy who has a full head of hair and has none of those other things. Is hair really worth that much in a woman's eyes? Everyone is just so brain washed when it comes to this that it is inescapable when I go out I will always get at least a few looks from people that scream- you pathetic, pittyfull f***. I will never know how it feels to just be accepted and feel normal.
Where the f*** do you live man? Are you like 5 minutes from Hell?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Thank you, S.A.F.! I know you understand because you've been there and it is understood that being an nw6 was hard enough for you to go through hell and high water to get out of that situation. Admittedly, I am over sensitive when it comes to this- it's just how I am. Maybe I just have the kind of personality that I want to please everyone (however unrealistic that is), which is why it drives me crazy that people judge me unfairly for superficial reasons. I know this is my problem and I need to get over it somehow but like you said, it just eats me up inside.
Buy a rug.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I already know I'm a looser. :bravo:

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I already know I'm a looser. :bravo:
That's a poor attitude to have about yourself.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
uncomfortable man said:
Thank you, S.A.F.! I know you understand because you've been there and it is understood that being an nw6 was hard enough for you to go through hell and high water to get out of that situation. Admittedly, I am over sensitive when it comes to this- it's just how I am. Maybe I just have the kind of personality that I want to please everyone (however unrealistic that is), which is why it drives me crazy that people judge me unfairly for superficial reasons. I know this is my problem and I need to get over it somehow but like you said, it just eats me up inside.
Buy a rug.

Not to be rude UM, but I thought the same thing after reading your comments. I mean, I know that keeping a wig tidy is a hassle but by the way you sound maybe you will feel better wearing one.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Nathaniel said:
Not to be rude UM, but I thought the same thing after reading your comments. I mean, I know that keeping a wig tidy is a hassle but by the way you sound maybe you will feel better wearing one.

yea i agree,the amount of good ones out there and youre letting this sh*t eat away at you,its ridiculous! get a piece! become a pro at looking after it and youll be so happy you did.

Even if you say 'oh i'll just be paranoid with it on' ,sound like you are pretty messed up right now as it is,a piece will be way better.

DO IT and win at life! hurrah!

:)

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is for the people who talk about "buying a rug". Have any of YOU gone through this process yourself? If not, just shut up about it already. You have no idea what it's like to have a rug. I can talk about it because I have gone that route. You make it sound like it's so simple.

1) You have to get haircuts constantly around it so there is no changes in how it looks. And you have to find someone who costs more so they don't cut the rug.

2) The hair falls out so it has to be serviced. I have seen hairpieces when that happens and it's not pretty.

3) If you go out in the sun with it, after a bit of time, it turns RED.

4) Don't even think about going outside with it when it's really windy.

5) You still have to worry about every single person who looks at your hair wondering "do they know".

It's not this easy thing you make it seem.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ZOIDBERG said:
Slow Burn just won the thread.

No one "wins" the thread. But I have to say that those disagreeing with UMan aren't bald. Being a diffuse thinner is not even close. You think it sucks but when you get where you have nothing on top but just head, you would give anything to be just a diffuse thinner.

It's like someone missing 2 fingers on his right hand trying to act like he is the same as someone who has lost BOTH ARMS.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
It's like someone missing 2 fingers on his right hand trying to act like he is the same as someone who has lost BOTH ARMS.

I could sooo easily use your favourite line which is "you don't know what the f*** you're talking about" on this subject, but oh well... as a someone who is missing a finger I can only say that you're a cry-baby for crying about hairloss. Try missing a finger and you know what it's like being different from everyone else.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Well although missing a finger is worse than being bald from a practicality point of view I'd say firstly if I'm in a room with a bald guy its highly noticible to everyone its probably the most obvious thing about him. Whereas having only 9 fingers instead of ten is'nt that noticible.

For instance how many people on here are even aware that the actress Daryl Hannah has a missing index finger?

Also if you do have a missing finger everybody just presumes that you've been involved in some kind of accident whereas baldness is a blatantly obvious genetic flaw.
I cut the tip (top 2cm) of my finger off when I was 19 but luckily I managed to get to hospital and have it re-attached. But I'd trade it for a few thousand grafts anyday.
Infact my grandmothers brother in law lost 3 fingers on a bandsaw and it was'nt until he shook my hand (something he does to everyone to get the subject out in the open) that I even noticed.

cuebald

Reaction score
A few jokes to lighten your spirits (especially you Uncomfortable Man)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yo mama so bald you can see whats on her mind

Yo mama so bald that she took a shower and got brain-washed

Are you really that bald or is your neck just blowing a bubble?

------------

There's a man with a bald head and a wooden leg who gets invited to a Halloween party. He doesn't know what costume to wear to hide his head and his leg, so he writes to a fancy dress company to explain the problem.

A few days later he receives a parcel with a note.

"Dear Sir, please find enclosed a pirate's outfit. The spotted hand-kerchief will cover your bald head and, with your wooden leg, you will be just right as a pirate."

The man thinks this is terrible because they have just emphasized his wooden leg and so he writes a letter of complaint. A week passes and he receives another parcel and a note, which says:

"Dear Sir, please find enclosed a monk's habit. The long robe will cover your wooden leg, and with your bald head, you will really look the part."

Now the man is really annoyed since they have gone from emphasizing his wooden leg to emphasizing his bald head and he writes the company another nasty letter of complaint. The next day he receives a small parcel and a note which reads:

"Dear Sir, please find enclosed a bottle of molasses. Pour the molasses over your bald head, stick your wooden leg up your butt and go as a caramel apple!"

--------------

a guy walks into a comedy club and the commedian spots his bald head,,
he turns to the crowd and says.."look that guy spent all night doing his hair and then forgot to bring it with him....

--------------

Q: What are you getting for Christmas?
A: Bald and fat.

--------------

A wizard who's as bald as a bat
Spilt hair tonic over the mat
It's grown so much higher
He can't see the fire
And he thinks that it's smothered his cat.

--------------

ever considered going for the "Skullet" look, UM?

300px-Devin-Townsend.jpg

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
ZOIDBERG said:
Slow Burn just won the thread.

No one "wins" the thread. But I have to say that those disagreeing with UMan aren't bald. Being a diffuse thinner is not even close. You think it sucks but when you get where you have nothing on top but just head, you would give anything to be just a diffuse thinner.

But you still have both nuts, so act like it.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you think Ethan Embry feels?

Ethan-Embry-324x400-20kb-media-1082-media-83699-1062059102.jpg
ethan-embry-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure he still has 2 nuts to.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
slowburn said:
How do you think Ethan Embry feels?

Ethan-Embry-324x400-20kb-media-1082-media-83699-1062059102.jpg
ethan-embry-2.jpg

I'm pretty sure he still has 2 nuts to.

havent a clue who that guy is but i bet hairloss doesnt bother him a bit,plus he looks good with it.

hatworldmember

Reaction score
UncomfortableMan, Im right there with you. So many people tellin me to get over it and they have no idea how it feels. I'm the only one in my group of friends with early male pattern baldness n they always have comments. My everyday life and every decisions revolve around it. How do we just get over it. It's not like were just fat and we have the option to just work out and drop pounds, there is no easy way to get rid of this, just a lot of money. Then still, we have to worry about swimming, sweating, etc in fear that someone will see the huge friggin scar. Maybe it's sooooo bad because there are just no easy fixes. It still sucks but although I wish u didnt feel this too its more comforting that someone else knows what its like. Let's just hope this is somethin we'll look at in a few years and be glsd we got our hair back

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
I could sooo easily use your favourite line which is "you don't know what the f*** you're talking about" on this subject, but oh well... as a someone who is missing a finger I can only say that you're a cry-baby for crying about hairloss. Try missing a finger and you know what it's like being different from everyone else.

You are missing a finger? Is it the VERY FIRST thing people see when you meet them? Yes or no!

And the ironic thing is you HAVE HAIR and you are crying about hairloss. When I had your level of thinning I was not on here or anywhere complaining about it. When it all fell out is when it affected me. You are here with hair whining about how you look shaved. Cmon!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
But you still have both nuts, so act like it.

Again easy to say with hair like you have. Ethan Embry is an example you showed. That, to me, is not even close to bald. By bald I mean Jason Alexander. I mean Hulk Hogan. The guy is a multi milionaire. He is huge. He is famous. And he STILL won't go anywhere without a bandanna.