It's what you make of it

barcafan

Reaction score
heyitsthatguy said:
Uman the only way I overcame my balding is by just accepting it and moving on. Im getting more attention now than I did before I started losing my hair so it really can't matter that much.

hahaha thats really gonna enrage uman.

Route66

Reaction score
Especially as HITG has barely lost any hair - if any - yet he's still taking meds and posting here. lol

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah but im younger, at 19 having a pefect hairline is very important, maybe more important than having hair once your in your mid 30s, because older chicks are looking for a a serious partner and looks come less into the picture.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Right after I got done explaining myself, you go and post something stupid like this...

heyitsthatguy said:
Uman the only way I overcame my balding is by just accepting it and moving on. Im getting more attention now than I did before I started losing my hair so it really can't matter that much.

and this...

heyitsthatguy said:
Yeah but im younger, at 19 having a pefect hairline is very important, maybe more important than having hair once your in your mid 30s, because older chicks are looking for a a serious partner and looks come less into the picture.

You must not have been paying attention. PAY ATTENTION TO THIS: you know as much about what it's like to be thirty as you do about hairloss...about this much. So just shut the hell up before you go make yourself look like even more of an ignorant retard. :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead:

:stfu:

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
Uncomfortable Man....

I get some of the stuff you're saying, but I refuse to believe a lot of it is true. You're right (like you said in another thread) that people are judgmental and stare at others who arent like them, etc. But IMO, Baldness doesn't fit that bill! Its not like having a missing arm or leg or being 600 pounds or having downs syndrome or having 3rd degree burns on your face! I can recall that I didn't even used to differentiate between bald and non bald people before it happened to me!

you're saying stuff like people are disgusted...are you serious? You're saying girls are "disgusted" at you before they get to know you? Maybe like 1 in 100 girls who just hates bald men with SUCH a passion...but the rest, at the very least will only have a SLIGHT prejudice that can easily be disarmed if you act like a man....

How can they be disgusted with a man whose bald? Do you know how many bald men they see? Unless you're a NW6 with a fully grown, ungroomed horseshoe pattern on hair, I seriously doubt theyre "disgusted." By you saying that...are you implying that all women are disgusted when they see me? Or the majority of other bald men for that matter? Are we all destined to be second class loser citizens who are discriminated against? I'm serious...are you saying this is what we ALL should expect if we're bald regardless of how we look otherwise (hair is not the only element of attractiveness) or more importantly...how we act?!

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I'm just sick of nw2s telling me its not so bad being bald. WHAT THE F-UCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT? -NOTHING, so stop making patronizing threads like this until you are nw4+ (like IWP said). You don't see SAF or Dudemon or HatPrisoner telling everyone that being bald isn't half bad and how confidence is more important, because they've been there and know first hand that acting confident isn't going to make some girl who would otherwise be disgusted with you just all of a sudden find you attractive-BULLSHIT!

I don't see them doing it, but I see an entire message board full of guys doing it.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/

I'm sure you've seen it before, Uman, but the fact remains that people ARE fine with being bald and ARE still confident and DO still get women.

Personally, if I was a NW4+ I would probably be socially paralyzed. But I lack confidence in myself - as do most people on here. But as that forum shows, baldness doesn't affect everyone the same way.

OF COURSE all the high NWs on here are devastated about being bald - this message board is about RECOVERING from hair loss, and this subforum is about the emotional impact of it. The only high NWs who would frequent this place anyway are the ones who are the most paralyzed by it. And the fact that there are only a few of you guys on here (You, hatprisoner, dudemon, SAF, etc) suggests to me that MOST bald men aren't as crippled by their condition as you guys are. Otherwise there would be hundreds, if not thousands of NW4+ on here talking about how horrible it is to be bald.

Uman, I think you are doing just as big a disservice to people on here as the NW2s are doing to you. They are telling you being bald isn't so bad - you are telling them being bald is like a living nightmare - when it so obviously IS NOT for the vast majority of bald men. You are sick of NW2s telling you it isn't so bad - well I'm sick of high NWs on here saying that my life will be over when I reach your level of baldness.

Sly Bald Guys is a little unsettling to read for anyone scared of going bald but f*** - those guys have the right attitude at least. You are just all doom and gloom in every post you make.

Boondock

Reaction score
:agree:

I think that's spot on. Incidentally, for any of you who are NW4 and above, and considering shaving it off, slybaldguys is a fantastic and hugely supportive community. And yes, there are countless people on there who are bald, and do great in all areas of life, and who never get looked at like they're a freak.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, with any bad situation in life you either have to act to change it, or adjust to get used to it. If you can't do the former you have to do the latter. Making yourself miserable and continually brooding over your situation achieves nothing for anyone.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'm not speaking for every bald man (although I'm sure many of their stories are consistent with mine) I speak from my own personal experience. I don't think the slys prefer to be bald like they would have you think, rather they have convinced themselves that it is cool. In the face of my own personal experience, I'm going to need alot more to convince me to become reverse brainwashed. I can't help the way I feel. I can't just decide to feel happy right after I get laughed at by a beautiful woman for no other reason than being bald. If someone were to cut me, I don't decide to bleed, I just bleed.

barcafan

Reaction score
uman, lets make a deal here. I'll fly down to wherever you live, buy you a couple of beers, smoke you on a jay, and if you get ANY sh*t from people you dont know about your baldness, i'll gladly back you up brother, and i'll let everyone here know you aint bullshitting.

You pay for the ticket though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Can S.A.F. and HatPrisoner come too? :hump:

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'll bring Taug and IBM. :punk:

heyitsthatguy

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
Uncomfortable Man....

I get some of the stuff you're saying, but I refuse to believe a lot of it is true. You're right (like you said in another thread) that people are judgmental and stare at others who arent like them, etc. But IMO, Baldness doesn't fit that bill! Its not like having a missing arm or leg or being 600 pounds or having downs syndrome or having 3rd degree burns on your face! I can recall that I didn't even used to differentiate between bald and non bald people before it happened to me!

you're saying stuff like people are disgusted...are you serious? You're saying girls are "disgusted" at you before they get to know you? Maybe like 1 in 100 girls who just hates bald men with SUCH a passion...but the rest, at the very least will only have a SLIGHT prejudice that can easily be disarmed if you act like a man....

How can they be disgusted with a man whose bald? Do you know how many bald men they see? Unless you're a NW6 with a fully grown, ungroomed horseshoe pattern on hair, I seriously doubt theyre "disgusted." By you saying that...are you implying that all women are disgusted when they see me? Or the majority of other bald men for that matter? Are we all destined to be second class loser citizens who are discriminated against? I'm serious...are you saying this is what we ALL should expect if we're bald regardless of how we look otherwise (hair is not the only element of attractiveness) or more importantly...how we act?!
exactly im sure it sucks but its not like something that would ruin your life...umans just a dam drama queen :whistle:

cuebald

Reaction score
If you read further into "slybaldguys" you can see a post where someone asks "Would you have your hair back if you could?"
90% of them say yes, and the ones that don't are often the ones who have NW1's/NW2's and shave it off because they like to do so.

ali777

Reaction score
IBM said:
barcafan said:
s.a.f said:
I'll bring Taug and IBM. :punk:

IBM is a waste of time

i'm very sad because you're very bitter.

If you read your posts, you'll find that you are the one that is bitter. You hate yourself, and you resent everyone else for that.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Bottom line for me right now is this -

I am 20. I feel I am good looking, well I feel I was good looking, I feel these looks are increasingly not what they were as male pattern baldness continues to make my face look more bland. I am beginning to get over it, however I have many problems. I dont care what society tells us is good or not. I just hate the way baldness takes the symetery away from my face.

I dont take a fatalist approach to it. I'm not saying that male pattern baldness is the end of women and career etc. But its just f*****g hard. Hard to see ones looks go so quickly, not nessacarily saying it makes one ugly, but its just hard to be this age and rapidly look so much more bland and less good good looking. I will miss walking down the street and catching a woman's eye and sharing a smile with her, of feeling I have a decent chance just on my looks, initially anyway, out and about etc. Its that feeling that comes with being a young male that I am being robbed off. Soon it will be a whole different ball game.

IBM

Reaction score
ali777 said:
If you read your posts, you'll find that you are the one that is bitter. You hate yourself, and you resent everyone else for that.

He's bitter too.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
Uncomfortable Man....

Umm.. Yeah. And guys only have a "slight prejudice" against fat girls. Yep.