It's what you make of it

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
uncomfortable man said:
I'm just sick of nw2s telling me its not so bad being bald. WHAT THE F-UCK DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT? -NOTHING, so stop making patronizing threads like this until you are nw4+ (like IWP said). You don't see SAF or Dudemon or HatPrisoner telling everyone that being bald isn't half bad and how confidence is more important, because they've been there and know first hand that acting confident isn't going to make some girl who would otherwise be disgusted with you just all of a sudden find you attractive-BULLSHIT!

I don't see them doing it, but I see an entire message board full of guys doing it.

http://www.slybaldguys.com/

I'm sure you've seen it before, Uman, but the fact remains that people ARE fine with being bald and ARE still confident and DO still get women.

Personally, if I was a NW4+ I would probably be socially paralyzed. But I lack confidence in myself - as do most people on here. But as that forum shows, baldness doesn't affect everyone the same way.

OF COURSE all the high NWs on here are devastated about being bald - this message board is about RECOVERING from hair loss, and this subforum is about the emotional impact of it. The only high NWs who would frequent this place anyway are the ones who are the most paralyzed by it. And the fact that there are only a few of you guys on here (You, hatprisoner, dudemon, SAF, etc) suggests to me that MOST bald men aren't as crippled by their condition as you guys are. Otherwise there would be hundreds, if not thousands of NW4+ on here talking about how horrible it is to be bald.

Uman, I think you are doing just as big a disservice to people on here as the NW2s are doing to you. They are telling you being bald isn't so bad - you are telling them being bald is like a living nightmare - when it so obviously IS NOT for the vast majority of bald men. You are sick of NW2s telling you it isn't so bad - well I'm sick of high NWs on here saying that my life will be over when I reach your level of baldness.

Sly Bald Guys is a little unsettling to read for anyone scared of going bald but f*ck - those guys have the right attitude at least. You are just all doom and gloom in every post you make.

Really?
I see an entire message board of guys talking about their baldness, just like this one.
Back in my "I'm won't go bald because my dad and my mom's dad weren't bald" days, I never went looking for a "Guys with OK looking medium length hair" forum to post on.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some guys on this forum needa give themselves a good shake.

One week its ''i have a nw4 and i hate my life'' when really they have a nw2

next week its '' i have found acceptance and even though im 'practically bald' i recognise life is what i make it''

The week after that its ''oh my god im losing so much hair past few days and i want to kill myself''

........enough said

RaginDemon

Reaction score
another self-comforting thread

dude we all know how important hair is to your overall image, and that in return affect your dating, career, etc.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
barcafan said:
uman, lets make a deal here. I'll fly down to wherever you live, buy you a couple of beers, smoke you on a jay, and if you get ANY sh*t from people you dont know about your baldness, i'll gladly back you up brother, and i'll let everyone here know you aint bullshitting.

You pay for the ticket though.

Yeah, but who is going to pay for our bail when we get thrown in jail for beating the living sh*t out of some guy who looks at me the wrong way?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Well then cool. Sounds like a hoot. Thanks in advance IBM. :woot:

Mens Rea

Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
Some guys on this forum needa give themselves a good shake.

One week its ''i have a nw4 and i hate my life'' when really they have a nw2

next week its '' i have found acceptance and even though im 'practically bald' i recognise life is what i make it''

The week after that its ''oh my god im losing so much hair past few days and i want to kill myself''

........enough said

LOL

tbh my mind changes a lot in respect to this too but without the extremities