Just when life picks up, hairloss hits me

cuebald

Reaction score
Very aggressive loss. You're going to be NW6 in two years.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Boondock said:

So I have aggressive hairloss? Sarcasm set aside.

I aint trolling on here, I genuinely dont know whats going on with my hair.

barcafan

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Boondock said:

how can you not be trolling? you have 500 posts asking the exact same bullshit here and getting the exact same responses.

dude you need to get your head checked.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Oknow said:
Boondock said:

how can you not be trolling? you have 500 posts asking the exact same bullshit here and getting the exact same responses.

dude you need to get your head checked.

People on here make me sound like Kerzyguys understudy.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know there is a test you can take to find out if you will ever suffer from male pattern baldness, by company named HairDx, just Google it.

Nene

Reaction score
Dude, get on finasteride or minoxidil and move on!!! I don't wanna see any more new threads from you unless you've been on drugs.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Talks you about how we need to put things on perspective and try to stay a little positive.

Take sandoval for example, he is an NW6, admits his appearance has taken a big hit, but has not collapsed and actually has a plan on how he wants his future to be and what he needs to accomplish that.

You on the other part, with only a very mild thinning on the front that only obsessed people like many of us would be able to detect (and even you failed at that) think your life is completely screwed up.
When you said about girls not checking you out anymore, I said that girls stop flirting at your age because I honestly felt you had a mature NW2 hairline.
At least with the censored pics, your hair looks like something a 14 year old dude would be wearing. If you think women stopped looking at you because of your hair, you lost you're freaking mind.

If you are afraid about the thinning, just start using finasteride and get over it. No one, except a Norwood spotter would find something "strange" about your hair right now.

Seriously, if you face the world with that kind of attitude right now you are probably going to get suicidal or develop a persecution complex as soon as you really start losing hair

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Oknow, start on Propecia now and when you get your mouth shut use it topically from Dr Lee's minoxidil plus until you can take it orally. However, how are you going to eat if your mouth is shut closed. If its going to be threw a straw, than dissolve the propecia in a liquid and suck it up. If you are going to get an IV, then get them to dissolve it in your IV and deliver it that way. Let's face it, if you don't want to take Propecia and that is fine but just admit it. You can't go three months without nutrients being delivered to your body. You can always get Propecia added to your nutrients.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
DoctorHouse said:
Oknow, start on Propecia now and when you get your mouth shut use it topically from Dr Lee's minoxidil plus until you can take it orally. However, how are you going to eat if your mouth is shut closed. If its going to be threw a straw, than dissolve the propecia in a liquid and suck it up. If you are going to get an IV, then get them to dissolve it in your IV and deliver it that way. Let's face it, if you don't want to take Propecia and that is fine but just admit it. You can't go three months without nutrients being delivered to your body. You can always get Propecia added to your nutrients.

Not so much about not taking propecia, actually I would take a low dose right now if I could, but taking it, playing with my hormones, then stopping is not ideal especially when my body will be in a big shock as you have stated.

I won't be able to eat with my mouth shut, that is the thing. Soft foods, liquid diet etc. And according to my orthodontist today, I have to stop all meds prior to the op and resume 2 months after it.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
bigentries said:
Talks you about how we need to put things on perspective and try to stay a little positive.

Take sandoval for example, he is an NW6, admits his appearance has taken a big hit, but has not collapsed and actually has a plan on how he wants his future to be and what he needs to accomplish that.

You on the other part, with only a very mild thinning on the front that only obsessed people like many of us would be able to detect (and even you failed at that) think your life is completely screwed up.
When you said about girls not checking you out anymore, I said that girls stop flirting at your age because I honestly felt you had a mature NW2 hairline.
At least with the censored pics, your hair looks like something a 14 year old dude would be wearing. If you think women stopped looking at you because of your hair, you lost you're freaking mind.

TBH, I don't know if it is a cause of concern the mild thinning, I am quite content with my hair. But that's the thing, if I know my hair will stay the same for the next 10 years, then you know...I won't be here.

So I take it I am suffering hair loss, and not a "mature hairline".

Its confusing because the top of my hair has been stable now for a year and a half.

See post above about propecia.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score
You have, at worst, the beginning of a mature hairline in my opinion. You said yourself that your hair has been pretty stable these last 1.5 years. If you are that bothered about the operation interrupting any hairloss meds then do nothing for the next 15 months. Start propecia in 15 months time. I can't see much happening to your hair in the next 15 months. You are sweating over nothing!

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maelstrom said:
You have, at worst, the beginning of a mature hairline in my opinion. You said yourself that your hair has been pretty stable these last 1.5 years. If you are that bothered about the operation interrupting any hairloss meds then do nothing for the next 15 months. Start propecia in 15 months time. I can't see much happening to your hair in the next 15 months. You are sweating over nothing!

Well, judging by my older brothers pics you may be right. Same sorta hairline "recession", year older - same.

I will use Topical spironolactone on my hairline to be safe; I know for a fact it works. Right temple point improved using it over a 8 month period slightly, whereas left one didnt (wasnt applying it there), to the point the trichologist thought I was on minoxidil.

Sigh, with that said, the unpredictability kills me.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oknow said:
Sigh, haven't been able to work properly lately.

I can't take propecia, if I take it for a year, I will have to go off it for 3 months following an op on my jaw (I will not be able to eat), this time next year.
i am sure there are other methods of ingesting propecia with a wired jaw (i assume that is what is going to happen) such as dissolving it in water (or swallowing a precipitate if it doesn't dissolve) i bet there are guys before you who have had BPH and a jaw wired shut who have had finesteride delivered to them in a different manner, after all the drug matters not the inactive ingredients, has a doctor explicitaly said you can't take propecia with your jaw wired shut?

Oknow said:
Minoxidil, what puts me off about that is minoxidil dependency, hair that is healthy becomes dependent on it..
i can't quite grasp what you could really call a "minoxidil dependency", i could say everyone with male pattern baldness has a minoxidil dependency, they lose hair without it and keep it with minoxdil. male pattern baldness is a progressive condition which means that hair that was healthy will become minoxidil dependent but the minoxidil is not the cause of that.
Oknow said:
Lastly, and this is the worst thing, I feel like the battle is lost before it has even begun. Only a matter of time before I go bald.
well to be frank i don't even see any evidence of you fighting the battle

so go get your ferritin, b12 and zinc
and i will recomend propecia
the earlier the better

best of luck, somone

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I'd hate to see how you would cope with real hairloss, Oknow.... aw who am I kidding? I would love to see that.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
somone uk said:
Oknow said:

I can't take propecia, if I take it for a year, I will have to go off it for 3 months following an op on my jaw (I will not be able to eat), this time next year.
i am sure there are other methods of ingesting propecia with a wired jaw (i assume that is what is going to happen) such as dissolving it in water (or swallowing a precipitate if it doesn't dissolve) i bet there are guys before you who have had BPH and a jaw wired shut who have had finesteride delivered to them in a different manner, after all the drug matters not the inactive ingredients, has a doctor explicitaly said you can't take propecia with your jaw wired shut?

Yes. As it will interfare with recovery.

Oknow said:
Minoxidil, what puts me off about that is minoxidil dependency, hair that is healthy becomes dependent on it..
i can't quite grasp what you could really call a "minoxidil dependency", i could say everyone with male pattern baldness has a minoxidil dependency, they lose hair without it and keep it with minoxdil. male pattern baldness is a progressive condition which means that hair that was healthy will become minoxidil dependent but the minoxidil is not the cause of that.
Oknow said:
Lastly, and this is the worst thing, I feel like the battle is lost before it has even begun. Only a matter of time before I go bald.

the earlier the better

best of luck, somone

Booked an appointment with my gp for monday to get my b12, ferritin and zinc level checked. Taking zinc capules in the mean time.

minoxidil I am putting off, if say I do have male pattern baldness but it is really really slow, I don't want to jump onto it so quickly for obvious reasons as it is a life long commitment. What I mean about minoxidil dependency is when healthy hairs get so used to it that they become reliant on it for maintainance.

Nene

Reaction score
Oknow said:
somone uk said:
Oknow said:

Yes. As it will interfare with recovery.

Oknow said:
Oknow said:

the earlier the better

best of luck, somone

Booked an appointment with my gp for monday to get my b12, ferritin and zinc level checked. Taking zinc capules in the mean time.

minoxidil I am putting off, if say I do have male pattern baldness but it is really really slow, I don't want to jump onto it so quickly for obvious reasons as it is a life long commitment. What I mean about minoxidil dependency is when healthy hairs get so used to it that they become reliant on it for maintainance.

That doesn't happen, only hairs that are not healthy will rely on it. Other hairs will not be affected.