Kj's Story

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I haven't missed a single finasteride dosage since I started the drug

I was off minoxidil for 1 month, December, as I had been planning a transplant(didn't go through with it), Got back on the first week of January. Also went off nizoral for about 2-3 weeks in December, but got back on it as the same time as minoxidil

I've decided to try and do what I can to really maximize minoxidil's potential. I am aiming for maximum penetration. I want to try and force regrowth of every last hair that minoxidil can give me

1-2 weeks ago, I started applying tretinoin (.025%) to my hairline/frontal area 2x week. I may increase it to every 2 days or as much as every other day. Not trying to push it as I don't want a caked up red mess where I'm trying to initiate growth. However, I know from using tretinoin on my face for a while now that my skin should tolerate it pretty well

This past week I've added approx 4% peppermint oil to my minoxidil liquid.(added 2.5 ml to 60ml minoxidil) I'm hoping it will help increase circulation of the minoxidil quite a lot. When I apply it, I immediately feel that exhilarating burning cool sensation that feels amazing, and it seems to last for at least an hour or two

Here's my current regimen in its entirety:

1mg finasteride ED

Every morning: 5% minoxidil foam

Every night: liquid 5% minoxidil / 4% peppermint oil

2 nights a week(may increase): .025% tretinoin gel on hairline/front 20-30 min before minoxidil/pep oil

approx every 2 days: nizoral 1% keto shampoo left on scalp 5-10 min

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a great regimen if your body can handle it.

After you reach equilibrium, you may be able to lower the dose on the minoxidil to once a day, and to lower the dose on the propecia to 0.5 mg/day or less.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a great regimen if your body can handle it.

After you reach equilibrium, you may be able to lower the dose on the minoxidil to once a day, and to lower the dose on the propecia to 0.5 mg/day or less.

I probably won't mess with the finasteride dosage unless my side effect situation gets out of control (still nothing but watery semen, which I can live with). I think the most appealing thing of decreasing the dose for me would be saving a bit of cash

Once I feel I've maxed out minoxidil regrowth, I might go to 1x day on some days. Will have to wait and see how things go on this regimen, then I'll reevaluate

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you apply minoxidil to your whole scalp ( crown and hairline ) or just your hairline ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
waht was you Norwood when you were 24 ( my age )?

I'd say I turned the corner of NW2-NW2.5 around 24/25 years old, around which time I realized I have male pattern baldness (was previously ignorant of my NW1.5-2 situation that had been going on for several years previously)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and you apply 1 ml of minoxidil to your only hairline ? man that might run on your forehead ?

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I put tretinoin directly on minoxidil. Why do you put it on your hairline KJ?

Also, how are the eyelashes going? :)

I'm glad you asked about the eyelashes :D:D I'd been wanting to tell you, I've been applying the caster oil every night for the last month or so like you said, and I do believe they appear to be growing longer, thicker, and darker. I think I'll know for sure in about a month if it's really making a big difference

I put the tretinoin on my hairline first to allow it to start promoting cell turnover and make the scalp very penetrable for the minoxidil

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool for the eyelashes :)) If they are stronger you can maybe teint them from time to time (they will be less vulnerable).
Why not putting your tretinoin directly onto your minoxidil?

Also, I ve been wanting to ask: you use trtinoin o n your skin as an anti-ageing? No problems with sunburns or dehadration?

Thanks love.

I worry about mixing too many things into one substance it would dilute the strength of the others, so I'm more comfortable just applying it separately. Plus, I want to keep it separate so I can use the minoxidil/peppermint oil without it, as I don't want to use the tretinoin on my hairline every day

I do use the tretinoin on my face for anti aging. Since about May of last year (I think I started it around the same time I started finasteride...I was basically freaking out about growing old at that time lol, having a midlife crisis in my 20's). I introduced it to my skin gradually, so I never had issues with drying/redness, and I put a thick layer of spf 50 sunscreen on my face every morning. Let me know if you start using it, I can walk you through how I did it without getting irritation

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay I see. I was refering to thse study of putting tretinoin on minoxidil to only put it once/day (instead of twice).

Yes, I've read that study, it's one reason I added tretinoin, as I try to keep my regiment for the most part to things backed by research and results

Yes, I would gladly take your advices :) I also wanted to start retinol and vit c serum... I guess it is better to put them at night and put a layer of spf 50 sunscreen. As for now I only put Q10 Nivea spf 30 (but I have a bit of a dark complexion and it is not summer)

OTC retinol is basically a weak version of tretinoin, so don't bother with it if you get on tretinoin. I also use vit C serum and I put it on in the morning, right before my sunscreen

I have to go right now but I'll PM you my skin care regimen later

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
fullhead go enjoy life

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok that looks NW1 to me. Looks better than baseline

I actually think the lighting in those pics are making it look better than it does irl, making the vellus hair's blend in with my light blond

fullhead go enjoy life

Even if I maintain, unless a cure comes out that allows me to completely permatize my hair I will probably always at the very least be checking up on this site