Kj's Story

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very nice nw1-1.5 and thick hair

Bro it's not a NW1. Maybe NW1.75. Idk. Our resident transplant experts were recently saying I need 2500-3500 grafts in my current state

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro it's not a NW1. Maybe NW1.75. Idk. Our resident transplant experts were recently saying I need 2500-3500 grafts in my current state

I don't think you need a hair transplant. hard to know for sure with hand there but I don't think its bad at all now that meds kicked in.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you need a hair transplant. hard to know for sure with hand there but I don't think its bad at all now that meds kicked in.

I go back and forth. Some days I have anxiety about my hairline edges, but it's hard to know if I'm thinking rationally about it with my bdd. Other days I'm like, meh I guess it looks fine

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I go back and forth. Some days I have anxiety about my hairline edges, but it's hard to know if I'm thinking rationally about it with my bdd. Other days I'm like, meh I guess it looks fine

I understand..

Some days I think I am doing great and others I am like in a panic...its like a Rorschach test day to day.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand..

Some days I think I am doing great and others I am like in a panic...its like a Rorschach test day to day.

Emotional rollercoaster for sure, especially when you're still in the fairly early stages of this disease

Also just had to Google what a Rorschach test is lol

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Who told you that? You and I need about the same amount. Anywhere between 1500 to 1800 FUE max. Our hair loss is very similar.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who told you that? You and I need about the same amount. Anywhere between 1500 to 1800 FUE max. Our hair loss is very similar.

@jeanluc said I need 3500 jammed into my hairline. I believe either @shookwun or @Dench57 said 2500

Prior to that I was thinking maybe 1000-1500 as top surgeons were quoting me in the range of 1500-1800 when my loss was worse than it is now

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think i said 2-2.5k based on your previous pics but seems you are getting constant improvement to the point where now i wouldn't even advise a transplant. if you wanted to go full BDD you could get 1-1.5k to dense up that front and close down those temples to allow more styling options but its honestly not worth the hassle. to anyone but the most hardcore norwood spotter you do not have male pattern baldness. you just have naturally fine hair.

shookwun

Reaction score
2500? When did i say that?

1500 would be pushing it. But like denxh said it's not worth the hassle and relying on an outcome that's unpredictable. In your case with someone who has fine calibre hair with dense coverage it wouldn't be on your best interests to have a procedure at this stage. It wouldn't make any cosmetic difference seeing how you basically have a full head of hair.

Hair is to skinny, would result in a pluggy appearance with only one pass. Seeing how you don't need any Work, it's not worth the hassle to got through for a minor fill in.

Simply is not worth the hassle.

shookwun

Reaction score
I am telling you from experience, you will regret having a procedure for something trivial as this.

Don't do it. Invest your money else where, it's not worth getting into debt over something that wont make a significant difference and could potentially leave you worse off.

Doctors don't inform skinny hair patients with realistic out comes, and the afters are all of people with thick donor which is far from what people with fine hair will produce.

Watch videos of Dr lindsay on fine hair patients, which is by far the closest educated opinion you will receive on expectations of patients who have as he likes to call it skinny roots. Skinny roots = skinny hair = skinny coverage, regardless of how dense pack it is. Which will leave you in debt because you will need to have two procedures to replicate an illusion. When you pull your hair back, it will look like your still bald, but with situational coverage under certain lighting.

Also, you will be red as a coot. Your skin complexion says it all. it takes me roughly seven months to get rid of this red-pink tinge. Doctors dont like to reveal the truth, because it would steer a lot of other people away otherwise.

shookwun

Reaction score
topcat is that you?

But yeah, really no need for a transplant at all KJ
TopCat was head over heels over transplant expectations, all through I didn't agree with everything he said, he wasn't wrong either.

As a transplant veteran I know the truth

people need to be informed on realistic outcomes.

SteveTabernack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
TopCat was head over heels over transplant expectations, all through I didn't agree with everything he said, he wasn't wrong either.

As a transplant veteran I know the truth

people need to be informed on realistic outcomes.

Yes informing people on realistic outcomes is good.

Topcat is a nutter though.

All his constant conspiracy talk on "marketers" when a marketer is exactly what he himself comes off as.

He reminds me of the classic "Doctors hate him!" ads.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yes informing people on realistic outcomes is good.

Topcat is a nutter though.

All his constant conspiracy talk on "marketers" when a marketer is exactly what he himself comes off as.

He reminds me of the classic "Doctors hate him!" ads.
Would be a good patient adviser for Dr Brett Bolton.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think I am going to start using tretinoin again to increase minoxidil penetration.

I will be applying it only to these areas:View attachment 62898 :View attachment 62899

I am going to try to stick with it for 6 months before jumping to any conclusions. As the summer is pretty much over this seems as good a time as any to reintroduce it to my regimen. I actually also just resumed my tretinoin anti-wrinkle protocol this past week.

Since the consensus is that a transplant is unwise for me at this stage, I really want to do whatever else I can to get as close as possible to solid NW1. It might be a futile dream, but I am not ready to give up on it

Last edited:

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well after thinking for the longest time that dermarolling was something I would never do, I have been inspired by the anecdotal reports and pics of members here to give @Somebody 's rolling for minoxidil absorption method a try. Seems like it may be the best shot short of tranny reg at restoring the native hairline

So I am doing light rolling(not wounding) with 1.5 mm dermaroller 1x daily at night before applying minoxidil. I have dropped tretinoin as well as my morning minoxidil application. I am currently 2 days in

So as of 2 days ago my regimen is:

1mg finasteride first thing when I wake up

At night, after washing hair, dermaroll hairline to state of redness, apply 5% liquid minoxidil (about 1.5 ml)

Every 2 days 1% nizoral (massaged onto scalp and left sitting for ~5 minutes)

The first night I felt a bit clumsy and confused with the dermaroller, and the 2nd night I think I may have been applying slightly too much pressure in some spots, as there was very brief and non-intense stinging when I applied the minoxidil. I can tell it's going to be a bit of a learning curve at least these first few times

Last edited:

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well after thinking for the longest time that dermarolling was something I would never do, I have been inspired by the anecdotal reports and pics of members here to give @Somebody 's rolling for minoxidil absorption method a try. Seems like it may be the best shot short of tranny reg at restoring the native hairline

So I am doing light rolling(not wounding) with 1.5 mm dermaroller 1x daily at night before applying minoxidil. I have dropped tretinoin as well as my morning minoxidil application. I am currently 2 days in

So as of 2 days ago my regimen is:

1mg finasteride first thing when I wake up

At night, after washing hair, dermaroll hairline to state of redness, apply 5% liquid minoxidil (about 1.5 ml)

Every 2 days 1% nizoral (massaged onto scalp and left sitting for ~5 minutes)

The first night I felt a bit clumsy and confused with the dermaroller, and the 2nd night I think I may have been applying slightly too much pressure in some spots, as there was very brief and non-intense stinging when I applied the minoxidil. I can tell it's going to be a bit of a learning curve at least these first few times

Like that avatar. Whatever happened to @hairblues?

Is she ever coming back? That must have been quite a fight she had.