L-Arginine

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Sorry, but I'd still like to see some serious scientific evidence for that, not just something that gets stated by one person, then gets repeated by someone else, then by someone else, then by someone else, ad nauseum.

Like I said, there are not many studies on which form of Arginine is more effective. Since I have not found more than a few places where their effectiveness is compared, in comes the body builder reviews. I had said before that you should try taking 3g of L-Arginine one day, and 3g of Di-Arginine a few days later and compare. The "pump" isn't even in the same ballpark.

Who are you talking about?? Pearson & Shaw? For the third time, they use pure arginine in their supplements. I just did a Google search on them, and the ads say in plain English that they still contain ARGININE. Not APG, or any other form. Where did you get the idea that they use APG?

I googled them as well and looked at their line of supps. The Arginine supplement they sell uses all 3 forms of Arginine. I'll find the link tonight when I'm not at work (lots of sites dealing with supps/drugs are blocked).

LOL! I can guarantee you that it was the Isidori study that they were referring to! :) It was the Isidori study which claimed that there's a synergistic effect when taking APG and lysine together that's powerful enough that GH release was significant even at the shockingly low dose of only 1,200 mg apiece. Now go back and take another look at that text you posted from that site, plus the next couple of sentences after it.

We're talking about 2 different links. I'm in reference to the futurescience link where they talked about how APG crosses the brain/blood barrier easier. In the futurescience link, they have a reference page and no where on that page is Isidori even mentioned.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harie said:
Like I said, there are not many studies on which form of Arginine is more effective. Since I have not found more than a few places where their effectiveness is compared, in comes the body builder reviews. I had said before that you should try taking 3g of L-Arginine one day, and 3g of Di-Arginine a few days later and compare. The "pump" isn't even in the same ballpark.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "pump". Are you claiming to be able to notice some effect of arginine after a single dose??

Harie said:
Who are you talking about?? Pearson & Shaw? For the third time, they use pure arginine in their supplements. I just did a Google search on them, and the ads say in plain English that they still contain ARGININE. Not APG, or any other form. Where did you get the idea that they use APG?

I googled them as well and looked at their line of supps. The Arginine supplement they sell uses all 3 forms of Arginine. I'll find the link tonight when I'm not at work (lots of sites dealing with supps/drugs are blocked).

Thanks. I'll look forward to that, because the arginine supplements that I see from Pearson & Shaw (like "Powermaker II" and "Inner Power") still contain arginine, not one of the other forms. I can't imagine why YOUR Google search got different results than MY Google search! :)

The fact that Pearson & Shaw still use and recommend pure arginine carries a lot of weight with me, because they know as much about this issue as anyone else. They are the ones who actually STARTED this GH-releaser craze more than 20 years ago! :D

Harie said:
LOL! I can guarantee you that it was the Isidori study that they were referring to! :) It was the Isidori study which claimed that there's a synergistic effect when taking APG and lysine together that's powerful enough that GH release was significant even at the shockingly low dose of only 1,200 mg apiece. Now go back and take another look at that text you posted from that site, plus the next couple of sentences after it.

We're talking about 2 different links. I'm in reference to the futurescience link where they talked about how APG crosses the brain/blood barrier easier. In the futurescience link, they have a reference page and no where on that page is Isidori even mentioned.

No, we're talking about the SAME futurescience link. I don't give a damn that they didn't bother to include the Isidori study on their reference page at the back. THEY CLEARLY ARE REFERRING TO IT, even if they didn't actually cite it. Why are you being so stubborn about something which is as clear and obvious as the nose on your face? :D

Bryan

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm being stubborn? What about you who is saying that the futurescience study is based on Isidori study even though they never mention his name in the reference page and nowhere in the article do they mention his name. :) They mention many people that their research is based on, but he isn't one of them.

You should preface your statement with "In my opinion, the link you posted is based on a study by Isidori". Though, I wouldn't even agree with that since nowhere is his name mentioned.

Yes, you are able to notice Di-Arginine with 1 dose.

How can you say that in the last 30 years, no one has come up with a better Arginine supplement than L-Arginine?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harie said:
I'm being stubborn? What about you who is saying that the futurescience study is based on Isidori study even though they never mention his name in the reference page and nowhere in the article do they mention his name. :) They mention many people that their research is based on, but he isn't one of them.

Oh yeah, it's just a HUGE FRIGGIN COINCIDENCE that they talked about the same (alleged) synergistic effects of arginine and lysine used together, and even mentioned THE EXACT SAME FRIGGIN LOW DOSE that was used in the Isidori study. Why on earth are you so stuck on this trivial point? :freaked:

Bryan

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not stuck on anything besides that you are making assumptions. I am allowed to disagree with you, right? :wink:

I'd like to see research on your part that says you can take arginine anytime during the day to help with HGH release. All of the HGH research I've read says you should take Arginine before bed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Harie said:
I'd like to see research on your part that says you can take arginine anytime during the day to help with HGH release. All of the HGH research I've read says you should take Arginine before bed.

Yes, most of the popular sources say that, although there's no good reason for it that I can see.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan, what does Nitric oxide precursor mean?

Secondly, about a month ago i completly went cold turkey and stopped all caffine including energy drinks. Over the past 4 weeks my sexual desire and libo abilities have been at an all time low.

Here's my question:

1) Am I losing sexaul desire because I completly stopped my intake of L-arginine? (L-arginine is present in energy drinks, I beleive it's around 1000mg, and I was having at LEAST one a day)

2) AM I applying too much spironolactone and rivivogen? (Applying too much seems to have a related affect on my sexual desire.. IE If I forget to apply spironolactone and rivivogen i notice I have more of an urge for sex)

3) Should I just wait for the desires to come back or should I start a small intake of L-arginine to help make up for what i lost?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
1) Am I losing sexaul desire because I completly stopped my intake of L-arginine? (L-arginine is present in energy drinks, I beleive it's around 1000mg, and I was having at LEAST one a day)

Wow, I wasn't aware that they're putting arginine into those drinks nowadays! :eek: Is it really that common, or is it one particular brand that does that?

Aren't you a young fellow, Matgalis? I'd be surprised if a gram or two of daily arginine from those drinks was all that was keeping your libido up, especially considering that it's my view that you would achieve tolerance to such an effect fairly quickly, even if it were true. But if you want to experiment with it, why not try getting yourself some pure arginine and taking an equivalent dose every day, just to see what happens?

Matgallis said:
2) AM I applying too much spironolactone and rivivogen? (Applying too much seems to have a related affect on my sexual desire.. IE If I forget to apply spironolactone and rivivogen i notice I have more of an urge for sex)

I'd be surprised by that, too, since topical spironolactone seems to have very little potential (if any) for systemic absorption. But maybe you have some really unusual sensitivity to it.

Matgallis said:
3) Should I just wait for the desires to come back or should I start a small intake of L-arginine to help make up for what i lost?

I'm skeptical, but I don't see anything wrong with experimenting with it to see what happens.

Bryan

khan

Reaction score
I bought some of this in powder form and DAMN it tastes vile. I coughed out a third of it. There's no way I can eat it plain, I'd have to put it in water or juice or something if it was going to take it regularly.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought some. I took one in the morning, when i woke up, and one right before I went to bed. They were 500mg pills and really had a huge effect on my "performance". I do not know whether it's a mental thing, or if this stuff really works.

I also haven't applied much spironolactone or revivogen in the past 2 days... Mostly because i haven't had much time

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and bought some. I took one in the morning, when i woke up, and one right before I went to bed. They were 500mg pills and really had a huge effect on my "performance". I do not know whether it's a mental thing, or if this stuff really works.

I also haven't applied much spironolactone or revivogen in the past 2 days... Mostly because i haven't had much time. I plan to continue applying both 2x daily and try taking the supplement to see the effect. it's really hard to distinguish between mental effects and actual supplemental effects. We'll see though.

On a side note, on the side of the bottle it said L-Arginine is responsible for the synthesis of protein. Kind of interesting this would increase sexual desire, making me wonder if it has an adverse effect on hairloss.

Oh and I checked the energy drink I was drinking regularly and made a mistake. They put L-cartine in it, not l-arginine

Btw I am 22 now... I guess this would be considered young still?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Matgallis said:
On a side note, on the side of the bottle it said L-Arginine is responsible for the synthesis of protein. Kind of interesting this would increase sexual desire, making me wonder if it has an adverse effect on hairloss.

Uh...you ARE aware that arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, right? And you're aware that Dr. Proctor goes on and on and on and on about the importance of nitric oxide for both hair and the cardiovascular system?? I believe that one of the ingredients of Prox-N (and possibly Proxiphen?) is arginine.

Matgallis said:
Oh and I checked the energy drink I was drinking regularly and made a mistake. They put L-cartine in it, not l-arginine

AHA! Ok, that makes more sense...

Matgallis said:
Btw I am 22 now... I guess this would be considered young still?

Christ, I have SHIRTS that are older than you are! :D

Bryan

Felk

Reaction score
Could someone help explain this?

Arginine can elevate blood sugar in some Type II diabetics. Those diabetics contemplating using arginine should check their blood sugar with a glucometer during the first three weeks of using this product.

* If you have been diagnosed with cancer, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
* L-arginine sometimes reactivates latent herpes virus infections. Therefore, persons who have had ocular herpes should not use arginine products.
* Those with certain psychoses may experience worsened symptoms if they take L-arginine supplements.
* If you have high blood pressure, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
* Always take antioxidants with L-arginine.

docj077

Reaction score
Felk said:
Could someone help explain this?

Arginine can elevate blood sugar in some Type II diabetics. Those diabetics contemplating using arginine should check their blood sugar with a glucometer during the first three weeks of using this product.

* If you have been diagnosed with cancer, consult your healthcare practitioner before taking this product.
* L-arginine sometimes reactivates latent herpes virus infections. Therefore, persons who have had ocular herpes should not use arginine products.
* Those with certain psychoses may experience worsened symptoms if they take L-arginine supplements.
* If you have high blood pressure, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
* Always take antioxidants with L-arginine.

Arginine is the precursor to Nitric Oxide, which is a neurotransmitter.

Nitric oxide can function as a free radical. Thus, you take antioxidants with arginine.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Felk - Your best bet if you are trying to boost NO is to take SOD and lysine along with it.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Matgallis said:

Uh...you ARE aware that arginine is a precursor of nitric oxide, right? And you're aware that Dr. Proctor goes on and on and on and on about the importance of nitric oxide for both hair and the cardiovascular system?? I believe that one of the ingredients of Prox-N (and possibly Proxiphen?) is arginine.

Ya I am aware of what the importance of NO is for cardiovascular system but was unaware of its role in hair... Blood vessels?

Yesterday I made discovery on my "sexual drive". Apparently I was taking this supplement called Noxplode. It did not say how much L-Arginine was in each serving, but i am sure it is a lot. On top of this supplement I was taking 2 scopes of this protein drink which contained nearly 2 grams (for both scopes)

So i'm assuming i was taking nearly 2-3g of L-agrinine per DAY! Right when i was experiencing all these low libido sides, i had recently stopped taking BOTH the supplements. I'm assuming my body had adjusted to the increased L-agrinine and therefor my libido was adjusting over time to the increase. However, as I went cold turkey on the supplements, so did my libido.

A lot of us here work out to maintain our appearances and i'm willing to bet a lot of the libido sides are from the radically changing intake of L-arginine and other amino acids that help libido adjustment... Just some food for thought

viperfish

Reaction score
Jeez, I can't believe this post is still going. I take L-arginine still on and off. I must say it still works wonders for me down under. It is pretty close to a natural v**** imo. Should I start another post on how v**** kicks ***..lol.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ive been looking into arginine and glutamine alot for growth hormone release and i have some questions
1.what fom is actually best? the cheapest i find is L-arginine and it dosent say if its the freebase or the other one
2.how bad does it really taste?