Life with Finasteride and Erectile Dysfunction

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Aberration"? Maybe, but it dipends; as for me, finasteride sides were a mercy kill.
hahahhah
I envy your peace of mind, Dante!

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have given finasteride several tries but even at low dosages (0.25mg EOD), I had side effects like weak erections, funny sensation near my nipples, lack of energy, and thinner facial and body hair. I tried to ride it out for six months but never fully felt normal again. Of course the drug worked in terms of hair regrowth and maintenance but it was too big a price to pay. Maybe I have more androgen receptors and hence suppressing DHT throughout my body is not a wise choice.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
God this thread has so much misinformation about finasteride. Lmao. You guys are a bunch of p*ssies

Pussies ? You are calling people who had legit side effects a bunch of pussies ? Just because you don't notice anything wrong with your body at the moment, doesn't make the drug 100% safe for everybody.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have given finasteride several tries but even at low dosages (0.25mg EOD), I had side effects like weak erections, funny sensation near my nipples, lack of energy, and thinner facial and body hair. I tried to ride it out for six months but never fully felt normal again. Of course the drug worked in terms of hair regrowth and maintenance but it was too big a price to pay. Maybe I have more androgen receptors and hence suppressing DHT throughout my body is not a wise choice.

I suggest 0.03 mg/day.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suggest 0.03 mg/day.

While it would suppress DHT to a certain degree, I don't think it would make much difference to my hair. I am on topical spironolactone now and it seems to be effective in terms of preserving my hairline. Will give RU a try soon. My body seems to tolerate topicals better.

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
OH YEAH, millions of people take this drug, I don't hear them complaining about sh*t. Yet, people here getting side effects from 0.00001 mg of finasteride. Give me a break. It's all in your head for the most of you. People don't even know what ED means haha. On one thread, you'll see a guy talk about how many b*tches he's f*cking. On another thread, you'll see him talking about how finasteride gave him ED, low libido, blah blah blah. We got people choosing topical spironolactone over finasteride LMAO. Have fun with that if it goes systemic. "finasteride is a tranny drug." Uhhhhhhhhh no it's not. Most people don't get gyno from it, you must be an unlucky one to get man boobs.
YES, a lot of you are p*ssies. Sorry to say it. I question your 'legitimate' side effects.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OH YEAH, millions of people take this drug, I don't hear them complaining about sh*t. Yet, people here getting side effects from 0.00001 mg of finasteride. Give me a break. It's all in your head for the most of you. People don't even know what ED means haha. On one thread, you'll see a guy talk about how many b*tches he's f*cking. On another thread, you'll see him talking about how finasteride gave him ED, low libido, blah blah blah. We got people choosing topical spironolactone over finasteride LMAO. Have fun with that if it goes systematic. "finasteride is a tranny drug." Uhhhhhhhhh no it's not. Most people don't get gyno from it, you must be an unlucky one to get man boobs.
YES, a lot of you are p*ssies. Sorry to say it. I question your 'legitimate' side effects.

I really wanted the drug to work for me while it did help with the hair loss, it brought about some side effects which I am not willing to deal with. I am not asking people who are responding well to it to stop. You really need to learn some manners. Calling people pussies especially ones who have genuine problems doesn't make you a strong person. I am sure you don't have the cojones to say that to people in person.

Also before claiming yourself to be some kind of expert on which drugs enter your system and the ones that don't, do yourself a favor and learn the difference between Systematic and Systemic.....

Fullhead1day

Established Member
Reaction score
I really wanted the drug to work for me while it did help with the hair loss, it brought about some side effects which I am not willing to deal with. I am not asking people who are responding well to it to stop. You really need to learn some manners. Calling people pussies especially ones who have genuine problems doesn't make you a strong person. I am sure you don't have the cojones to say that to people in person.

Also before claiming yourself to be some kind of expert on which drugs enter your system and the ones that don't, do yourself a favor and learn the difference between Systematic and Systemic.....
Thanks for the correction. I fixed it.
I never said I'm an expert. But I'm also not an idiot who thinks Propecia is the worst FDA approved drug ever. Sure, you may have gotten side effects. But we got people here literally thinking they got side effects from 0.1 mg of finasteride. We got people here saying how finasteride is a tranny drug. We got people here who scares newbies away. There is no such thing as finasteride-related permanent side effects, so everyone should try this drug. If it causes side effects, get off it and the side effects will go away. The fearmongering is what pisses me off, because it affects so many hair loss sufferers, including me. I could have saved 6 months of my life if I didnt fall for your guys' BS fearmongering. Nonetheless, I'm getting amazing results. Anyways, you should really get on RU if finasteride did indeed cause sides.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But I'm also not an idiot who thinks Propecia is the worst FDA approved drug ever.
Stop shadowboxing.

But we got people here literally thinking they got side effects from 0.1 mg of finasteride.
It takes ~0.05 mg of finasteride a day to have 70% inhibition of both scalp and serum DHT. If the sides are caused by reduced DHT, then 0.1 mg will do it.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if the sides of finasteride has much to do with your natural dht levels, for example someone like me i dont have any sides from finasteride, then again i might have had a high dht level to begin with (lots of body/facial hair). Wish i had a blood work done before i started finasteride to see what my levels were at

shookwun

Reaction score
A) p**rn induced ED b) Anxiety, stress and being overly anxious when with a women

c) small possible chance of ED from finasteride

K

KlausSchuhmacher

tried finasteride and sildenafil. SIldenafil works better for me, after taking finasteride i had side effects...

Last edited by a moderator: