Lines bald/ing men HATE to hear...

OhioGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't posted a picture of myself on facebook in two years! I also immediately detag any recent pics posted! Lol Hairloss alone has kept me off facebook. I don't even enjoy looking at pics of friends anymore.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
OhioGuy said:
I haven't posted a picture of myself on facebook in two years! I also immediately detag any recent pics posted! Lol Hairloss alone has kept me off facebook. I don't even enjoy looking at pics of friends anymore.

Ha, so true. I've set it so that no one can see photos i'm tagged in from my profile. Most youngish balding guys don't have a photo of themselves as their profile pic. I do, but it's one where I ran up to the camera and I'm like 6 inches from it and you can't see my forehead

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
finfighter said:
''Wow, you look so different in this picture''

I recently showed my MOM a pic of me in college when I had hair.
She did not recognise me.

That hurt. :badmood:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
last weekend i met a friend i haven't seen for almost a decade, he looks exactly the same, hasn't aged a bit that f****r! anyways, when i took my helmet off (i drive a motorbike) the first words came out of his moth was "how did you lose all you hair?", i answered on the spot "it happened because my dick got bigger" :dunno:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :bravo: :bravo:

I am liking you Ori83.
A great facial structure and a wicked sense of humor, you must do very well with the ladies. I'm jealous. :dunno:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
uncomfortable man said:
"I'm better than you." said with their eyes.

That one has nothing to do with baldness...

It may or may not depending on the situation, but considering most people focus on the head and face area I think it is a safe assumption that IT IS my baldness they are reacting to. Shave off one eyebrow and go out and run some errands Obi..... just keep telling yourself that everyone who is starring and laughing whilst looking dead in your direction just happened to think of a funny joke at that exact moment that has nothing at all to do with you. Right. Ostrich sticks his head further in the sand.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Obsidian said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":1bthz24y]"I'm better than you." said with their eyes.

It may or may not depending on the situation, but considering most people focus on the head and face area I think it is a safe assumption that IT IS my baldness they are reacting to. Shave off one eyebrow and go out and run some errands Obi..... just keep telling yourself that everyone who is starring and laughing whilst looking dead in your direction just happened to think of a funny joke at that exact moment that has nothing at all to do with you. Right. Ostrich sticks his head further in the sand.[/quote:1bthz24y]

my god....

how are you even making that comparison? How does your profoundly messed up mind manage to think that your conclusions in any way make sense?!

basically...there are millions of bald guys all around the world...how many people do you typically see with only one eyebrow? I can't recall a single one ever....so obviously that would stand out and elicit stares! Its in no way the same as being bald FFS!

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
qball01 said:
my god....

how are you even making that comparison? How does your profoundly messed up mind manage to think that your conclusions in any way make sense?!

basically...there are millions of bald guys all around the world...how many people do you typically see with only one eyebrow? I can't recall a single one ever....so obviously that would stand out and elicit stares! Its in no way the same as being bald FFS!
I'll admit that it is more unusual than being bald but it is the same idea to a higher degree..... the idea of being incomplete and how people are programed to zero in on the deficiencies.

Obsidian

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Obsidian said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":2a7zgzep]"I'm better than you." said with their eyes.

It may or may not depending on the situation, but considering most people focus on the head and face area I think it is a safe assumption that IT IS my baldness they are reacting to. Shave off one eyebrow and go out and run some errands Obi..... just keep telling yourself that everyone who is starring and laughing whilst looking dead in your direction just happened to think of a funny joke at that exact moment that has nothing at all to do with you. Right. Ostrich sticks his head further in the sand.[/quote:2a7zgzep]

Head in the sand? Try cooling it with the snide passive-aggressive comments.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
qball01 said:
my god....

I'll admit that it is more unusual than being bald but it is the same idea to a higher degree..... the idea of being incomplete and how people are programed to zero in on the deficiencies.

Yeah and having the flu is the same as having AIDS because your immune system is weakened by both.

Christ.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Ok, going to try to make a comparison here; I *think* I experienced something similar to what UM seems to feel:

Today I went on a bit of a shopping spree and went to a new department store I had not been to before.

Usually, I go to one of a couple of department stores Debenhams or Selfridges, I'm on first name terms with the sections I regularly visit.

As I said though, today I went to the newish John Lewis store (it was getting late and I had no time to get to Debenhams). As I walked into the cosmetics section, I started to feel a little uncomfortable. The section was *very* quiet and so I got more attention than usual, and the section was staffed by a higher than usual number of very young and very pretty assistants, very few older senior staff at all.

For the first time in a long time I started to feel almost unwelcome, like I didn't belong. I almost walked through the department and back to my car, but I really needed to get something.

Fortunately, I know my cosmetics and once I started chatting to one of the girls about what I wanted I began to relax and everything was fine; even ended up having a laugh with a couple of them and stayed there longer than I planned.

The thing is, I went there with no makeup on and fairly scruffy jeans and top (I had originally only planned on going for a car wash, and ended up in the city). It really brought it home to me that even now I can feel uncomfortable when I'm not well dressed and presented.

Had I left when I felt nervous, I doubt I would ever go back there and it would have hurt my confidence.

northnorth

Reaction score
Every time I had use my ID (ie the bank)

'Wow, why did you cut your hair? it was so beautiful!'

Ya, I chose to buzz my hair and plucky out a couple hundred hairs to give the appearance of a balding scalp..

A few choice words come to my mind everytime and I feel like yelling sometimes when it happens. Never have, never will.

GeminiX

Reaction score
northnorth said:
Every time I had use my ID (ie the bank)

'Wow, why did you cut your hair? it was so beautiful!'

Ya, I chose to buzz my hair and plucky out a couple hundred hairs to give the appearance of a balding scalp..

A few choice words come to my mind everytime and I feel like yelling sometimes when it happens. Never have, never will.

I think that's it right there. Nobody will deny that losing ones hair sucks, it more than sucks really. For many guys I'm sure it may be the worst thing *that has ever happened to them*.

Now of course, with perspective most of us know that there are far worse things that can happen, but if you've never experienced them, then baldness might be as bad as you can imagine.

It comes down to how we deal with it, as you say Northnorth, you feel like yelling but you get though it. Some guys though seem to have a much harder time and it becomes an obsession for them or even changes who they are.