Lion Reborn's Story - (22) 5 1/2 MONTH UPDATE PAGE 4!!!!!!

Lion Reborn

Reaction score
Hi everyone I guess im just like everyone else here, noticing that hair is losing its place on top of my head, and wanting to bring it back. Im 22 years old, pretty much been thinning since 18, but never really did anything about it. After getting a steady job, I decided to address this problem which brings me so much annoyance. Im going to be doing the big 3, and to be honest have already been taking propecia for about 3 days. I got some kirkland minoxidil today, as well as some nizoral 1%. Here are some pics i took today to. Can you guys let me know how bad it is, and what stage you would say im at (Norwood scale)? If my regime works, do you guys think it will be able to fill in quite nicely, or am I at the point of no return? Thanks, and I hope that I can reciprocate any help provided, this community seems very helpful, and I like to help.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 295

Lion Reborn

Reaction score
Re: Lion... REBORN

Oh and I forgot to add, I am a fitness freak, I go to the gym almost everyday and religiously lift weights. Also do scalp exercises.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hi mate,
don't hold me to this but basing this on your hairloss pattern, quality of hair left, steady front tuft hairline and how similar cases have responded I think you could be in for some decent success. :)

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

glad to hear that, i was pretty skeptical about hair loss at first, and to be honest, really didnt care. But comments made by my family and people I know got me a little worried, especially since im only 22. I would be ok with losing hair but this is too early for me. Thanks though, Ill deff keep everyone posted.

Mountinvan

Reaction score

I would not rule out a hair transplant later---you are probably too young---but it, in combo with the big 3, is your magic cure. Count yourself fortunate that you are in 20s now when so much can be done. 20 years ago not the case. I find that if it bothers you----do something smart about it. It will lift your spirits, self-esteem, confidence, etc.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Mountinvan, thanks for your thoughts. i was planning on eventually getting an hair transplant, if i am not happy with results, what is a good age to think about getting one, as im too young right now.

Bocgam

Reaction score
Re: Lion Reborn's story

If you stay on the big three, you may not need a hair transplant for decades.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score

This is definitely a good time to start your treatment. You are young and your hair loss is still in its early stages. The sooner you start, the better. I started taking finasteride when I was about your age and had decent results (today I'm 32 and I still have lots of hair). Be persistent, pacient and make sure you're buying genuine drugs - not some generic crap on the internet.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm deff hoping that the whole starting young thing will help me maintain what I have, although some regrowth would also be nice. :)

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Not that I havent been getting some great answers, but does any body else have any thoughts about my thinning and what stage you think im at? Again, im 22.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

UPDATE #1: Just took a shower with nizoral and noticed shedding! Never shed hair at a rate like this, Every time I ran my hand through my hair, there would be at least 6 hairs on my hand. btw im on day 6 of propecia and day 4 of minoxidil. Does this seem normal at this stage?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score

It might be seasonal shedding.

I don't think there's any way that you could be responding that quickly. If you are, then you might get everything back within a couple of months.

In anycase, keep us updated, and don't stress out too much about it.

Da Bears

Reaction score
Re: Lion Reborn's Story - (22)

Damn, you have almost the identical hair situation as I have. We have similar hair type and loss. I think that you will be fine as long as you have patience to religiously apply the big 3. I actually enjoy the feeling of minoxidil, like my scalp thirsts for it. You can see my progress in the success forum after 5 months. I feel like I have been making some progress, and so will you if you stick with it! I started loosing at 18 and did nothing until I turned 28. You are smart by getting on this sooner than I. Good luck! :punk:

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

UPDATE #2: Ok well now im shedding alot, I mean ALOT hahaha. Like every time I take a shower I notice that atleast 8 to ten hairs come off when i run my hand through my scalp, they vary from big hairs to little tiny ones. also my bald spot becamse more noticeable because of this. I hope this means Im responding to the regimen. If you guys have any thoughts on the matter I'd appreciate it. I means theres no way the big three can worsen your condition right?

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

3 1/2 month update!

Yeah so I waited until I got a haircut to post pictures. What do you guys think about my progress so far. Ive gotten comments from my family about my hair looking more "full". I hope it gets even better. Oh and no side effects.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 235

dazzerler

Reaction score
Re: Lion Reborn's Story - (22) 3 1/2 MONTH UPDATE!!!!!!

fantastic def looking more healthy a full. well done for sticking throught the shredding can be scary. do you fill you have had any regrowth, it's def thicker

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Yeah I think I have a small black mole on my right temple and it was always on the border between my hairless and hair area. Now the mole is deep in hair territory.

Will my hair get better its only been 3 and a half months but what do you guys think?

dazzerler

Reaction score

cant see why not mate fingers crossed if its responded this well so soon cant see why it wont keep improving. might slow down a little but your doing all you can well done

screwmpb!

Reaction score

they are great results, hair looks much thicker