Lion Reborn's Story - (22) 5 1/2 MONTH UPDATE PAGE 4!!!!!!

Lion Reborn

Reaction score
Re: Lion Reborn's Story - (22) 3 1/2 MONTH UPDATE!!!!!!

Thanks for the input guys. Yo why did my hair get darker I never noticed but when I was comparing the pics its like my hair is solid black now, and before it was like dark brown.

dazzerler

Reaction score

better hair health mine is a lot darker now too. its a combination of the treatment the hair is no longer under attack as much plus i think teh minoxidil increases the blood flow to the hair producing healthier hair all over, even my eye lashes look better lol : )

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Hey just a quick update, I think I am starting to go through another shed, which is making me pretty excited to be honest. I noticed alot of the hairs falling out are very thin so hopefully thicker ones will take there place. I will keep you all posted.

metalheaddude

Reaction score

I think if you grew your hair longer you hardly even be able to notice any thinning. My hair is somewhat similar to yours but I have it longer on top. It makes a big difference. I used keep my hair short like yours coz I felt it was helping with my minoxidil applications but after years of experience I can you that growing your hair out then cutting it (then repeating the process) seems to have a more positive effect then cutting it short more frequently. I think longer hair can help shield and protect up and coming weaker hairs. Its just a theory but it seems to work.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

@ birk, I only apply minoxidil to the frontal area and vertex. I usually use about 1 to 1.5 ml. And I do this twice a day morning and night.

@metalheaddude, I hear you bro I actually dont like having short hair. Im just doing this to see if I'm actually making any gains. In about another 6 months I'm gonna keep my hair longer, justs because ive always done that and it suits me better. Thanks.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

I think the shed peaked last week, so hopefully the little guys are gonna come back better than ever. Also started combing my hair upwards. Very bold move, but definitely feel more confident about doing it.... and, the ladys love it. :mrgreen:

LosingTouch

Reaction score

Good to hear Lion, look forward to an update :bravo:

Fanjeera

Reaction score

How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
How do you feel yourself mentally? How's your mood? Are you able to socialize like you were used to and be as clever, witty and humorous? Are you able to concentrate the mind and study?
Thank you very much! Your answers are very helpful to me, a 18 year old young who just started finasteride and is very worried about his health.

I dont understand whether you mean due to the proscar or due to the hair loss so i will adress both issues. I have had no sides from using proscar. In fact, I actually saw an increase in my libido since using it and it is annoying because I will be sitting in class and basically staring at chicks. Hahaha. Moodwise I am the same. Although I have always been very outgoing, I think my socialization has increased due to the fact that I am doing something to reverse male pattern baldness. That in itself is a big confidence booster. Yes I can concentrate and as a student at UC Davis, my studies have not been affected at all. My advice to you is to stick you to your regimen and dont get depressed over your hair because genetics is one of those luck of the draw deals, and what you lack in one area, you most certainly make up for in another. Best of luck.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

looks like m hunch was right, grreat results man.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

hahah cheers bro. I cant help but think that this is only the beginning tho so im keepin an optimistic view.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

Haha im waiting until i get a hair cut so its the same length but fo sho.

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score

Good stuff man, I kinda new that u would get good regrowth because the hair left on your head looked healthy and strong although a bit diffused...

Do you apply minoxidil all over though?

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

ok guys its been 5 1/2 months on treatment and here are my new picstures. Just got my haircut yesterday. In my opinion, it seems I have lost some more hair on top. But to be honest I have been going through a real shitty shed since my last pictures. Every time the shed slows down it just accelerates again. The shedding hairs are thin and wispy but once in a while i will get a few thick ones. This is keeping me optimistic tho because I have read people getting super sheds later in treatment and coming out with great gains. Thats what im hoping for let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• ahrwgeg.JPG
    ahrwgeg.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 194
  • adsa.JPG
    adsa.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 197

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lion Reborn said:
ok guys its been 5 1/2 months on treatment and here are my new picstures. Just got my haircut yesterday. In my opinion, it seems I have lost some more hair on top. But to be honest I have been going through a real shitty shed since my last pictures. Every time the shed slows down it just accelerates again. The shedding hairs are thin and wispy but once in a while i will get a few thick ones. This is keeping me optimistic tho because I have read people getting super sheds later in treatment and coming out with great gains. Thats what im hoping for let me know what you guys think.

Few questions:

What is a heavy shred for you like -

1) Do you shred here by running your fingers through your hair. If so how many?

2) Do you lose a lot of hair during showering?

3) Does a lot of hair shred throughout the day? Also, how many do you find on the pillow. Approx how many do you think you lose a day in a heavy shred?

Ther term just seems to be tossed around.

Anyway that aside, your temples have got fuller since the first pictures :) Crown is thinner though.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score
Re: Lion Reborn's Story - (22) 5 1/2 MONTH UPDATE!!!!!!

Haha I guess I "shred" during showering the most. like running my hands through my hair yields about 5 to 8 hairs each time. Just running my hand without showering through my hair I get like 1 hair. I never seem to lose hair on the pillow who. And alot of the hair seems to fall from the crown thats why it seems thinner I think. And i dont think the term is tossed around because it means what it means...

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

finfighter said:
Oknow said:
Lion Reborn said:

Few questions:

What is a heavy shred for you like -

1) Do you shred here by running your fingers through your hair. If so how many?

2) Do you lose a lot of hair during showering?

3) Does a lot of hair shred throughout the day? Also, how many do you find on the pillow. Approx how many do you think you lose a day in a heavy shred?

Ther term just seems to be tossed around.

Anyway that aside, your temples have got fuller since the first pictures :) Crown is thinner though.

It's not called a ''shred'', it's called a shed, you know like a dog sheds its hair.

Thanks for correcting me.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lion Reborn said:
Haha I guess I "shred" during showering the most. like running my hands through my hair yields about 5 to 8 hairs each time. Just running my hand without showering through my hair I get like 1 hair. I never seem to lose hair on the pillow who. And alot of the hair seems to fall from the crown thats why it seems thinner I think. And i dont think the term is tossed around because it means what it means...

Isn't it normal to shed hairs anyway, male pattern baldness or not. I think the average person sheds 50-100 hairs a day.

Lion Reborn

Reaction score

yeah but this is happening form just barely running my hands through wet hair. That aint normal

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

Lion Reborn said:
yeah but this is happening form just barely running my hands through wet hair. That aint normal

Well I seem to shed the most after showering, when dry I shed very little. This has been the case for as long as I can remember.