Low Dose Oral minoxidil Study For Male Pattern Baldness

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was only a 3 month study. It is conceivable results could've gotten better with time.

sc-hub.tw

doi(dot)org/10.1016/j.jaad.2019.04.054

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90% with oral minoxidil mono-therapy got Improvement and got no/mild side Effects. The Rest 10% maintain their Situation without worsening, Wow.
I will try it for sure.

Last edited:

HairOnFire

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I am super sensitive to Minoxidil. I tried it orally many years back, at a dose of 5 mg/day. Edema and heart palpitations forced me to stop. I tried it again a few months ago, at a dose of 1.25 mg/day, thinking I might be able to tolerate the lower dose. No dice. After three days my ankles swelled, and my heart was fluttering, so I stopped.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The study looks very good in terms of effectiveness.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It really works. I'm surprised more people aren't using it.

Where are you losing hair? my crown didn't respond to oral minoxidil well at all, i have been on it since last october, most of the gains on my crown were from topical and dermarolling. I still continue to use oral because i dread the shed that will occur once i stop.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also taking oral min. Using a microliter syringe I drink 0.1ml from the normal solution. Not sure if it has the same effectiveness (if at all) but I can't find any loniten tablets here.

jumpingjackgazz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I am super sensitive to Minoxidil. I tried it orally many years back, at a dose of 5 mg/day. Edema and heart palpitations forced me to stop. I tried it again a few months ago, at a dose of 1.25 mg/day, thinking I might be able to tolerate the lower dose. No dice. After three days my ankles swelled, and my heart was fluttering, so I stopped.

And stoping revert back to normal state ?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm also taking oral min. Using a microliter syringe I drink 0.1ml from the normal solution. Not sure if it has the same effectiveness (if at all) but I can't find any loniten tablets here.

You can buy pills from a few places online, but drinking the topical will work out cheaper and is just as effective i think. Just make sure it only contains PG,alcohol and water.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I am super sensitive to Minoxidil. I tried it orally many years back, at a dose of 5 mg/day. Edema and heart palpitations forced me to stop. I tried it again a few months ago, at a dose of 1.25 mg/day, thinking I might be able to tolerate the lower dose. No dice. After three days my ankles swelled, and my heart was fluttering, so I stopped.[/QUO
ee what? how the f*** 5mg/day gives you heart palpitations or edema lol

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a very good option for those who can handle it, but be careful with it as it is potent stuff. I wouldn't recommend going any higher than 5mg a day maximum. This study showed that higher doses than this are not necessary anyway.

I would have kept using oral minoxidil myself had it not made my eyes very swollen and puffy looking.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on oral Min for a few weeks, I'll be making a thread in like 6 months in to see how it goes. But this right here is so promising:
gr1.jpg

"A, Androgenetic alopecia grade II in a 28 year-old male. B, Marked improvement after 3 months of treatment with oral minoxidil, 5 mg daily, in monotherapy."

That's only 3 months, that's pretty crazy.

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been trying to find the guy in another forum who used low dose minoxidil 5 mg like every second or 3rd day. He used it for like 3 years when he wrote the post and people who hadn't seen him in awhile were astounded.

Side effects can largely be mitigated by skipping days. The "biological half-life" of the effects on hair growth can be much longer than the drug
half life.

In other words...if you grow substantial hair with minoxidil, the "biological half-life" will probably still be growing/maintaining hair for weeks past when every single molecule of minoxidil has passed out of your system.

The half-life of minoxidil in your body:
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5082/smpc

Elimination

The half-life of topical minoxidil averaged 22 hours, compared to 1.49 hours for the oral formulation. Minoxidil and its metabolites are excreted almost entirely in the urine (97%), with a very minor degree of elimination via the faeces (3%).

Renal clearance of minoxidil and minoxidil glucuronide calculated from oral data averaged 261 mL/min and 290 mL/min, respectively.

Following cessation of dosing, approximately 95% of topically applied minoxidil will be eliminated within four days.